Otomo Akutou

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Hearth Room [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:11 pm
Seeing the one man kneeling Kumori stepped over to him and gently grabbed him by the shoulder… guiding him up on his feet.

“Like my cousin said…” He looked Akutou in the eyes for a moment.

“In this together. Shoulder to shoulder… not boot to head.”
Akutou, standing as guided, nods.

"Yes, ma'am," he says quietly.

And then, because he has no idea what to do, he stands very, very still.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She turned to stand at his side and wrapped her arm around his shoulder and gave it a friendly squeeze.

She then gestured towards the gathering, turning attention away from herself and addressing all the guests.

“Thanks for letting me speak my peace… But there’s plenty of good food left! Let’s not let it go to waste.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:11 pm
snip
Kumori's words made him smile and nod in agreement.

"Lady Shiba," he spoke his head lowered. "No wonder you were good in the play."

He looked at the people arrive

"In this fight it doesn't matter if we are children of the Kami or not. It doesn't matter if we are Thunder or otherwise. If we are to lose, we lose all together," he spoke briefly. "If that is what is in stake, let us all fight together. Let us all face this odds and triumph."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:22 pm
She turned to stand at his side and wrapped her arm around his shoulder and gave it a friendly squeeze.

She then gestured towards the gathering, turning attention away from herself and addressing all the guests.

“Thanks for letting me speak my peace… But there’s plenty of good food left! Let’s not let it go to waste.”
Akutou can't help it.

He blushes.

Fiercely.

And there is a grin creeping onto his face alongside a wry thought:

Don't try t' pick 'er pocket, you idjit!
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:23 pm

Kumori's words made him smile and nod in agreement.

"Lady Shiba," he spoke his head lowered. "No wonder you were good in the play."

He looked at the people arrive

"In this fight it doesn't matter if we are children of the Kami or not. It doesn't matter if we are Thunder or otherwise. If we are to lose, we lose all together," he spoke briefly. "If that is what is in stake, let us all fight together. Let us all face this odds and triumph."
She nodded and smiled warmly at the Hiruma after he finished speaking.
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:28 pm

Akutou can't help it.

He blushes.

Fiercely.

And there is a grin creeping onto his face alongside a wry thought:

Don't try t' pick 'er pocket, you idjit!
It was right there… begging to be picked from for a few more precious moments.

Eventually she would pat him on the shoulder and lower her arm… readying herself to return to the party again.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:34 pm
It was right there… begging to be picked from for a few more precious moments.

Eventually she would pat him on the shoulder and lower her arm… readying herself to return to the party again.
"Ma'am," Akutou says, keeping his hands very much to himself, knowing that anything else would invite the wrath of trickster spirits.

"D' you think th' folks on th' porch or in th' garden saw anythin' sim'lar?"

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:22 pm

The villagers cheer in agreement with the last and return to what they were doing.
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:38 pm
"Ma'am," Akutou says, keeping his hands very much to himself, knowing that anything else would invite the wrath of trickster spirits.

"D' you think th' folks on th' porch or in th' garden saw anythin' sim'lar?"
Chouri remains near the group. "If you'd like, I can let them know what was said."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:41 pm

Chouri remains near the group. "If you'd like, I can let them know what was said."
Kumori shrugs in a friendly manner.

“It doesn’t need to be like an… official edict… The people are sure to talk. Spread it as you see fit.”

She smiled again, “As long as y’all know what I said is true.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

A thought occurs to Akutou, and he looks about to see if any of the locals' eyes are turnin' mean.

It'd be just his luck.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I think the question is whether we were the only ones to see the vision." Nao said. "If anyone else has experienced anything similar, it would be good to get their account. Beyond that, we just want everyone to know that we are all in this together."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:41 pm
"Perhaps we should not monopolize the party with these questions. We need to understand if anyone else had this vision but we can do it after the party as to not interrupt the festivities of our hosts," he commented and turns to Chouri. "Would it be possible for you to ask the villagers if anyone had something of what happened now Chouri-san?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Norikage was rolling his eyes. Though, beneath his mask he might have smiled a little at the cheering from the villagers.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju took Han-Hei's announcement of her identity to clean his plate without eating.

Stealth/Agility Not Eating | 10k5 ⇒ 42 (TN: 40)
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Not wishing to overwhelm Chouri right now, the dragon waited a bit. For the moment he just massaged his temples, glad and relieved that the ice finally has been broken.

There was only so much he could do to make things work on his own.
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:58 pm
snip
''So yes, kites.'' he continued ''The festival does not hold any event for tomorrow, being a day for kinship, family or couples. Still, painting kites can be a relaxing activity done with the family and a delight kids.''

He grew serious

''And flying them can be something they can look forward to do after all is done.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:28 pm
''So yes, kites.'' he continued ''The festival does not hold any event for tomorrow, being a day for kinship, family or couples. Still, painting kites can be a relaxing activity done with the family and a delight kids.''

He grew serious

''And flying them can be something they can look forward to do after all is done.''
Hikaru frowned thoughtfully. "I would be honored to assist, if my help is required." He said. "Although I am not sure what part you would have me play. It sounds as though families will wish to paint their own kites, will they not?"

He inclined his head. "I do understand hope for the future, though."
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Being quiet was perhaps one of the hardest lessons to learn, but one she had gotten used to in the past years now. And it gave her the opportunity to listen, and think.

"Lady Chouri, if I may have a moment? Something came to mind that I wish to ask you about, considering the circumstances..."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:48 pm
Kumori shrugs in a friendly manner.

“It doesn’t need to be like an… official edict… The people are sure to talk. Spread it as you see fit.”

She smiled again, “As long as y’all know what I said is true.”
"Understood... Well, I'm not sure they would take an official edict all that well. Doing it this way was a much better plan," she replied with a smile. "Thank you for considering our feelings in how you approached this. They know you helped us, and Yoshie and Daisuke have talked you up, so they know you. They know you'll speak the truth."
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:52 pm
"I think the question is whether we were the only ones to see the vision." Nao said. "If anyone else has experienced anything similar, it would be good to get their account. Beyond that, we just want everyone to know that we are all in this together."
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:55 pm
"Perhaps we should not monopolize the party with these questions. We need to understand if anyone else had this vision but we can do it after the party as to not interrupt the festivities of our hosts," he commented and turns to Chouri. "Would it be possible for you to ask the villagers if anyone had something of what happened now Chouri-san?"
"It looked like a couple of others did," Chouri said, nodding to the villagers nearby. "You may speak with them, or I can speak with them later and let you know."
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:00 pm
Being quiet was perhaps one of the hardest lessons to learn, but one she had gotten used to in the past years now. And it gave her the opportunity to listen, and think.

"Lady Chouri, if I may have a moment? Something came to mind that I wish to ask you about, considering the circumstances..."
The headwoman nodded to Satsuki. "Of course. What can I answer?"
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:05 pm
The headwoman nodded to Satsuki. "Of course. What can I answer?"
She bowed her head in appreciation. "We are in a dark time, and much of the reason why the Empire has been able to hold on this long against the nightmares is that the divine Lady Doji of the Crane Clan has been putting her life and soul at risk to defend every living being in the land. Her vigil has already lasted many years..."

"In my travels, I heard a story that if one or more people were to fold a thousand paper-cranes, it would bring good fortune and grant a wish. If the village and us visitors could pool together our resources of what colorful paper we have available, maybe it's something we could all do together tomorrow, in hopes that it can strengthen Lady Doji's spirit?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Seemingly satisfied with what he sees, Akutou relaxes.

And, seeing that he's not at the center of attention anymore, he goes to eat more.

A hot meal's still most welcome.
~~~~~
Quote me if you want to talk to the hick!

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:05 pm
"It looked like a couple of others did," Chouri said, nodding to the villagers nearby. "You may speak with them, or I can speak with them later and let you know."
"Best after the festivities and best if it comes from you," he replied. "My countenance might be a bit... intimidating. It is best if it comes from you."