Wu Dai Lu

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Hearth Room [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:11 pm
She bowed her head in appreciation. "We are in a dark time, and much of the reason why the Empire has been able to hold on this long against the nightmares is that the divine Lady Doji of the Crane Clan has been putting her life and soul at risk to defend every living being in the land. Her vigil has already lasted many years..."

"In my travels, I heard a story that if one or more people were to fold a thousand paper-cranes, it would bring good fortune and grant a wish. If the village and us visitors could pool together our resources of what colorful paper we have available, maybe it's something we could all do together tomorrow, in hopes that it can strengthen Lady Doji's spirit?"
Chouri looks thoughtful. "Well, tomorrow is meant to be a day of contemplation and family bonding... but that's not a bad activity for that, I think."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:16 pm
"Best after the festivities and best if it comes from you," he replied. "My countenance might be a bit... intimidating. It is best if it comes from you."
"Understood. I will do so, then."

Played by GM Canary

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:40 pm
Chouri looks thoughtful. "Well, tomorrow is meant to be a day of contemplation and family bonding... but that's not a bad activity for that, I think."
Close enough to overhear, Hikaru bowed, low and respectful. "The Crane thank you, Lady Chouri." He said, his quiet voice tinged with emotion.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:40 pm
Satsuki offers a smile. "Thank you. Words and actions have power, so it could very well make a difference."

With a polite bow, she stepped away to avoid crowding the woman too much.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:50 pm
Close enough to overhear, Hikaru bowed, low and respectful. "The Crane thank you, Lady Chouri." He said, his quiet voice tinged with emotion.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:58 pm
Satsuki offers a smile. "Thank you. Words and actions have power, so it could very well make a difference."

With a polite bow, she stepped away to avoid crowding the woman too much.
She smiled, warm and sympathetic, at Hikaru and Satsuki. "You're very welcome. I came here to try and help people. I'm happy to offer what I can."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:55 pm
Snip
"Inspiration and guidance, Doji-san. I can gather supplies but I am no painter while I am told you are quite accomplished on that domain" he admitted

"Some may have questions other may seek inspiration and that is where someone of your skill can prove invaluable"
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:37 pm
She glanced to Sora. "I have a feeling that will happen each time destiny takes shape before the day is upon us..."
"Now you damn kids know what the Tournament of the Kami was like for me."

Both sincere and amused, Sora then watched Kumori speak and... nodded.

That's the way, Laughing Bird
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori intentionally avoided looking Sora’s way…

His face was sure to be in some form that was bound to be supremely annoying.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Quietly off to the side, Akutou watches with interest.

And he eats more of the food. In for a penny and all that.

"Who made th' gyoza? They're great!" he says, more or less to himself.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:00 pm
"Inspiration and guidance, Doji-san. I can gather supplies but I am no painter while I am told you are quite accomplished on that domain" he admitted

"Some may have questions other may seek inspiration and that is where someone of your skill can prove invaluable"
Hikaru sighed, then nodded. "So long as it does not keep me from my other duties, I shall assist. Is there a time and place you would like this event to take place?"
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:40 am
Hikaru sighed, then nodded. "So long as it does not keep me from my other duties, I shall assist. Is there a time and place you would like this event to take place?"
The dragon rubbed his temples once more, looking suddenly very tired

''Well...since there is now the suggestion of folding paper cranes. Kite making might have to be postponed.''

He composed himself

''I will not unduly take your time. You have three riddles to solve, after all.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:43 am
The dragon rubbed his temples once more, looking suddenly very tired

''Well...since there is now the suggestion of folding paper cranes. Kite making might have to be postponed.''

He composed himself

''I will not unduly take your time. You have three riddles to solve, after all.''
Hikaru's brow furrowed with concern, but he was hardly going to press.

"Very well. Another time, then." Hikaru bowed. "The families may enjoy the folding of cranes as well, and it is for a cause I very much believe in." Hikaru said, some feeling in his soft voice.

He inclined his head. "Indeed I do." He was silent a moment. "May I ask, are you yet married, Wu-sama? Or betrothed?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:53 am
Hikaru's brow furrowed with concern, but he was hardly going to press.

"Very well. Another time, then." Hikaru bowed. "The families may enjoy the folding of cranes as well, and it is for a cause I very much believe in." Hikaru said, some feeling in his soft voice.

He inclined his head. "Indeed I do." He was silent a moment. "May I ask, are you yet married, Wu-sama? Or betrothed?"
He shook his head in the negative

''I am not. The last few years saw me preoccupied by my reforms and with the shadow of famine looming personal matter took second place to the need of the people of the Empire.''

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:59 pm
She smiled, warm and sympathetic, at Hikaru and Satsuki. "You're very welcome. I came here to try and help people. I'm happy to offer what I can."
"It would be helpful if we had a better understanding of things here." Nao spoke up after some thought. "If we had a better understanding of the festival and the traditions associated with it, and whether there has been anything unusual about it this year. I don't think it is a coincidence that we were drawn here at this time. There may be something or some activity here that has attracted the attention of the threat we face."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:14 pm
"It would be helpful if we had a better understanding of things here." Nao spoke up after some thought. "If we had a better understanding of the festival and the traditions associated with it, and whether there has been anything unusual about it this year. I don't think it is a coincidence that we were drawn here at this time. There may be something or some activity here that has attracted the attention of the threat we face."
She nodded. "Please come by my house tomorrow, and I can go into it in more detail."

Played by GM Canary

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She smiled warmly. "Thank You."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:04 am
He shook his head in the negative

''I am not. The last few years saw me preoccupied by my reforms and with the shadow of famine looming personal matter took second place to the need of the people of the Empire.''
"Of course." Hikaru nodded. "It has been a difficult time. I just found myself curious about marriage customs. My three tasks put me in mind of it. They very quite a bit from place to place. I expect this village may have its own, ever so slightly different from any other place's."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:56 pm
"Of course." Hikaru nodded. "It has been a difficult time. I just found myself curious about marriage customs. My three tasks put me in mind of it. They very quite a bit from place to place. I expect this village may have its own, ever so slightly different from any other place's."
''Have you found the answers to your riddles, Doji-san?'' the dragon inquired, curious with the eyebrow arched ''I can help you, should you wish it''

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:43 pm
''Have you found the answers to your riddles, Doji-san?'' the dragon inquired, curious with the eyebrow arched ''I can help you, should you wish it''
"Ah..." The corners of Hikaru's lips just barely turned up, and he looked significantly over at Satsuki. "Perhaps I had better just say that I continue to strive towards that goal, but I have high hopes for the outcome."

He turned back to Zhe. "It is something we might discuss another time, although in truth, I think I only need to develop the ideas I have..." Hikaru's brow furrowed as he considered them.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:29 pm
snip
The dragon followed the crane's gaze and understood the full portrait.

''It is a good thing you already have a pathway to a solution. I will only offer one advice then, even if it might be very presumptuous of me to do so.'' he lowered his voice ''I am no master of the blade but I have heard Mirumoto speak: No strike can ever be truly perfect, only as perfect as the moment allow. Boldness can be rewarding even if it makes you vulnerable.''

His own eyes turned to lady Chouri and he smiled

''In some affairs, vulnerability should not be feared.''