Makime

Re: Day 2 LM: Knock Knock (Closed)

Post by Makime »

"I see." Makime nodded at that, "And this village itself...was it ruins you have rebuilt or just abandoned?"
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"It was somewhat broken down by the elements after being abandoned, but they weren't in too bad a shape," she said, looking around. "We refurbished what we could and built the rest."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Makime

Post by Makime »

"So...if I might go over what you have said so far." Makime rubbed her knuckles, "You felt the Crane was not 'where you were supposed to be', at some point caught wind of a lost tribe who had some sort of ritual that could help with the madness."

She took a breath, "Where upon you scoured the Imperial libraries for information to lead you ultimately to here. An abandoned village that had scraps of the ritual, which you tried. Then modified in the hopes of filling in gaps missing in the incomplete writings you had."

"And did you discuss this information with any scholars, experts? I know the Imperials have a great many...as do the clans." She grasped her hands behind her back and locked eyes with Chouri.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She nodded. "Of course I did."

Played by GM Canary

Makime

Post by Makime »

"And what did they tell you?" Makime pressed further. "Did none of them travel here with you?"

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri blinked, then said, "Oh! You meant did I run the ritual scraps by any experts. No. We were busy trying to make sure we could feed and house everyone between working on it. I haven't left since I arrived."

Played by GM Canary

Makime

Post by Makime »

"How often have you performed this ritual?" Makime resumed pacing. "And what do you know about those who created it?"

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Well, we tried it a few times before we realized it was oriented toward the new year - the beginning of spring, rebirth, that kind of thing," she said. "I know they called themselves the Kisaki, they lived here, that they could write, and that some of their rituals. I know a bit of their daily life from what they left that was too big to carry. I know they seemed to have left of their own volition. Rumors suggest that more than usual of their number had visions of the future. Anything else is speculation."

Played by GM Canary

Makime

Post by Makime »

"I see." Makime paused near the door, "I suppose I just have one last question. For now."

She turns to look right at the head woman, "Were the use of drugs on unsuspecting people part of the original ritual or is that an addition of yours?"

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"No," she said with surprising vehemence for such an otherwise polite woman. "It was not. It seems one of the teenagers in town got into Enrou's supply and thought it would be amusing." She sighed. "They've both been taken to take for the incident. Hopefully we won't see anything further of the kind."

Played by GM Canary

Makime

Post by Makime »

"But you were the one who organized the festival as head of your village correct? Or at least a key part of it." Makime's voice was calm, "So some children managed to disperse this drug, of a type unknown to myself I must confess. And no one noticed them preparing? It was dispersed over a surprisingly large area in a short amount of time. Impressive for some teenagers."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She sighed and sat back. "It does explain why they offered to 'help set up'... Impressive, but also our own failing. We'll have to be more careful in the future."

Played by GM Canary

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime frowned, "You misunderstand me. It's impressive for those I would call competent at such things."

She crossed her arms, "So how is it some teenagers managed it? I must confess I am no expert but it must have taken a lot of the drug and a considerably well thought out plan."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Well, it is that. I do wish they'd find better uses for their talents," she admitted, running a hand down her face. "They snuck it into the fireworks. They offered to help Enrou put them together. They stole it first when he was out so he wouldn't be able to catch them going to get it."

Played by GM Canary

Makime

Post by Makime »

"...I see" Makime's frown deepened. "And this Enrou is the village healer? Perhaps I should speak to him as well."

The Lioness turns to leave, "Oh...regardless, remember what I said about leadership and responsibility. Do try to keep a better handle on your people, we wouldn't want any situation spinning out of control."

With that Makime makes her

/exit