Ryoshun Huan

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Garden [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Ryoshun Huan »

Huan sits in the garden in quiet contemplation. He meditates on the fire before him as he eats the provided food.
Bat * Soul of Taochusu * Ishiken * Destined to Die * Haunted by the Chusu Tribe
Honor: 3.5 | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 3.0
On person: Robes, daisho, astrological compass, fan

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Yumi wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:33 pm

Yumi's eyes narrow at the initial response, but widen as realization hits. Sheepishly she glances away but reasserts herself not a moment after. Young, but well enough along on her path of controlling those emotions.

Swallowing, "I would never suspect you are ever too old to hold a blade, grandmother." Taking to a suspicious glance over the rest of the party she lets the subject matter drift. "Should there be such a villain among us I would be glad to know you are present. Though I would hope that we manage to learn more about what is going on before such a villain would be revealed," she sighs a heavy sigh with the pang of loss on it, "or at least after."
Anjing nods, a slight shrug showing she thought little of it.
"Shinsei said our time was short, a few days at most. I am sure any villain will reveal themselves by the end of all this. You must just be ready to fight when they do."
Curiously. "You don't have a people?"
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Anjing wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:20 pm
Anjing nods, a slight shrug showing she thought little of it.
"Shinsei said our time was short, a few days at most. I am sure any villain will reveal themselves by the end of all this. You must just be ready to fight when they do."
Curiously. "You don't have a people?"
Yumi first shakes her head. Raising a hand to the necklace she wears, a dreamstone, she rubs her thumb against it. In memory, a look a woman of Anjing's years would surely recognize.

"I had a father once, he was all the people I ever knew. Now I belong to the road, and the people who welcome me and travel all the same. A bow with purpose self defined," she says, the glimmer of pride in a soft momentary smile.

"I will not be caught off guard grandmother, this I can promise," she says, as if a post script note.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Yumi wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:43 pm

Snip
Looking at the necklace. "Careful with that stuff child, make sure you're seeing what you need to see, not what it wants from you."
But far be it from her to tell Yumi how to remember her people.

"A sad fate, but one you appear to meet with dignity. I met a monk who elected to do the same, although without a bow. She was much too skinny to use one." Anjing tuts.
"Keep your guard sharp, and should you need food our provisions our camp is open to you. We must pull together in times like this."
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

When in Blue Lotus Village... if they wanted to feast, she would feast.

Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji didn't eat himself, but he was taking note of all those in the area that did. If they ended up acting strangely later it might shine some light on things.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Anjing wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:51 pm
Looking at the necklace. "Careful with that stuff child, make sure you're seeing what you need to see, not what it wants from you."
But far be it from her to tell Yumi how to remember her people.

"A sad fate, but one you appear to meet with dignity. I met a monk who elected to do the same, although without a bow. She was much too skinny to use one." Anjing tuts.
"Keep your guard sharp, and should you need food our provisions our camp is open to you. We must pull together in times like this."
Yumi meets Anjing's eye at the warning. Nodding in a silent assent but ruminating on it while she continues to listen. One more brush of her thumb and she allows the stone to rest against her chest once more.

"Thank you, grandmother. This stone has protected me ever since my father gave it to me, and I expect it will continue to. Until then I may well make use of what you offer, and thank you for offering it. I am a bow, and have you need of me I will be sure to return the favor you have granted me this day. For now, I shall pray that your flame never diminish," she says, dipping her head in reverence.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Yumi wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:33 am

Yumi meets Anjing's eye at the warning. Nodding in a silent assent but ruminating on it while she continues to listen. One more brush of her thumb and she allows the stone to rest against her chest once more.

"Thank you, grandmother. This stone has protected me ever since my father gave it to me, and I expect it will continue to. Until then I may well make use of what you offer, and thank you for offering it. I am a bow, and have you need of me I will be sure to return the favor you have granted me this day. For now, I shall pray that your flame never diminish," she says, dipping her head in reverence.
"Then be safe, and if I have granted you any favour this day I will call upon your bow.
When next we meet you can call me 'Anjing', it will narrow it down somewhat given how old us daimyo are getting.

She nods back as Yumi bows her own head.
Great Destiny

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

"I will do so at that time grandmother," she says, and then makes her departure from the conversation. Walking for a time to give herself time enough to ponder over the conversation.

Kai

Post by Kai »

Kai made his presence known he move next to the Stag and examined the young man. His glow seem interesting. "Hello this one is Kai."
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:05 am
Kenji didn't eat himself, but he was taking note of all those in the area that did. If they ended up acting strangely later it might shine some light on things.
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kai wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:09 am
Kai made his presence known he move next to the Stag and examined the young man. His glow seem interesting. "Hello this one is Kai."
Kenji's eyes shifted towards the other man, and he gave a polite nod in greeting. "Good evening Kai." HE offered with a slight smile. "I'm Akodo Kenji of the Lion."

"Was there something I could help you with?" He added after a moment.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Having ate more than her fill, she found a place to sit and started playing a song she learned in the Crab lands. She was thankful for Batou's cowbell accompaniment.

OOC: Shamisen Play Time | 5k3 ⇒ 50 (TN: 15), go home dice roller you're drunk.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Anjing wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:35 am
"Then be safe, and if I have granted you any favour this day I will call upon your bow.
When next we meet you can call me 'Anjing', it will narrow it down somewhat given how old us daimyo are getting.

She nods back as Yumi bows her own head.
Meanwhile, Ohta lets her sensei rest a bit and wanders the garden. She really does find the flowers fascinating, and other plants growing. So intent is she on the plants as she wanders she forgets the food and drinks... and almost runs into Anjing.

Fortunately, she comes to a firm stop even as she's turning around, and takes a step back, "Oh, good evening sama. Not feeling hungry either?"

Ohta takes a bow after that step back, speaking as she does so as an icebreaker.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Kai

Post by Kai »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:46 am
snip
Kai nodded. "Yes, do you know why is there so many people here? Ii thought the festival was held in the streets." He gave bow. "I hope I haven't bother you much."
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:01 am
Having ate more than her fill, she found a place to sit and started playing a song she learned in the Crab lands. She was thankful for Batou's cowbell accompaniment.

OOC: Shamisen Play Time | 5k3 ⇒ 50 (TN: 15), go home dice roller you're drunk.
The performance gains at least one active audience member, surely there were others. What better place to let your thoughts wander than the space in which you offer an artist your attention. Admittedly, to her own surprise as well as the performers it was hard not to feel moved by the music. Though she wasn't apt enough to tell which way, just that there was a floating energy to her- a vibe.

The cowbell was a strange touch. It melded in well though.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:04 am
Meanwhile, Ohta lets her sensei rest a bit and wanders the garden. She really does find the flowers fascinating, and other plants growing. So intent is she on the plants as she wanders she forgets the food and drinks... and almost runs into Anjing.

Fortunately, she comes to a firm stop even as she's turning around, and takes a step back, "Oh, good evening sama. Not feeling hungry either?"

Ohta takes a bow after that step back, speaking as she does so as an icebreaker.
Anjing nods, having raised a hand to prevent a low speed flower inspection collision.

"The food looked appetizing but my tastes are simple. Although I am sure our hosts will feel put out having gone to all this trouble."
She makes a rising motion with her hand.
"There is no need for ceremony, we are both guests enjoy the evening. Although perhaps you were enjoying the flowers more than I was." Anjing's knowledge of flowers extended to the fact some of them looked nice and some didn't.

"I am Anjing of the Crab, I do not think we have spoken before?"
Great Destiny

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Yumi wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:14 am
The performance gains at least one active audience member, surely there were others. What better place to let your thoughts wander than the space in which you offer an artist your attention. Admittedly, to her own surprise as well as the performers it was hard not to feel moved by the music. Though she wasn't apt enough to tell which way, just that there was a floating energy to her- a vibe.

The cowbell was a strange touch. It melded in well though.
There was a fever for more cowbell but she dared not voice it, perhaps some dark urge from Yume-Jigoku… no good can come from more cowbell even if it would be so pleasing. She enjoyed the vibe and then noticed the stranger, another ronin or tribal? She gave greetings, “Good evening, do enjoy the beautiful feast the village has laid out before us.”

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime watched the proceedings quietly. When offered food she refused it. That the villagers expressions turned from curiosity to disdain as each attempt proved the Lioness was snubbing their food and not just picky.

She also noted which of her fellow samurai ate and which didn't. Makime kept an eye on at least one of the former at all times, watching for signs of the food being more than just filling.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo chows down, grabbing some food. It hadn't escaped him that he had felt funny the last time the headwoman had hosted something, but more data was needed. The more you had, the better the trend.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kai wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:09 am
Snip
"I can't say for certain Kai-san." He offered after a moment. "The festival here has been somewhat peculiar though, but I believe this is a normal part of it."

"The villagers don't seem to think it's out of the ordinary at least."