Shiba Kumori

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Hearth Room [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:16 pm
For notification.
“Enjoy yourselves… Tonight and going forward.” She smiled.

“If you’ll excuse me I have another cousin I must talk to.” She bowed politely and allowed him to fully turn to the Wu.

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:32 pm
Nao had chosen to stay near the fire. There was something extra comforting about it today. She hadn't spoken much, just offering greetings or friendly smiles to the others.
She walked over by Nao and stood there quietly for a moment looking her over.

“Looks like you made it…”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:42 pm
“Enjoy yourselves… Tonight and going forward.” She smiled.

“If you’ll excuse me I have another cousin I must talk to.” She bowed politely and allowed him to fully turn to the Wu.
Smiling gently, Hikaru returned the bow. "Thank you... Han-Hei-san." He murmured.
Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:38 pm
Meanwhile Zhe was politely standing to the site until adressed. Nothing he wanted to discuss was private matters but he prefered to be careful since cranes could be very touchy about etiquette.

Since he was about to ask something out of the man, forcing the issue might just makes things go sour.
That concluded, Hikaru turned to Zhe, his expression polite. "My apologies, Wu-sama. You wished to speak?"
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:42 pm
She walked over by Nao and stood there quietly for a moment looking her over.

“Looks like you made it…”
She nodded and smiled. "We've made it another day. I'm a little tired though."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She wrapped an arm around her young cousin.

“I can imagine. I have a roommate that is having the same struggles…” She gave her shoulder a squeeze.

“Offering power and what not I assume?”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Not this time." she shook her head. "I had a dream. But, I don't really remember it."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:14 pm
"Not this time." she shook her head. "I had a dream. But, I don't really remember it."
“Yeah? Me too… something about the end of the world… green blouses or something…” She smiled.

“Probably something I ate.” She gave Nao a pat on the shoulder before lowering her arm.

“Scouting mission go well?”

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I'm not sure." she answered. "It seems that Yume Do has been significantly corrupted. And, it seems that the enemy was already aware of who I was and what I could do. I had a chat with the Harbinger."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“She much of a conversationalist?” She asked.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Oh yes. She was trying to convince me that what they were doing was for our own good." She rolled her eyes. "They want to empower humans to reach their highest potential and fulfill their greatest dreams."

Accompanied By| San

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou is not one to turn away a hot meal. And he's been appreciating the local cooking. So he tucked in before thinking about it, and, well, it's far too late to back out now.

Itadakimasu, y'all!
~~~~~
I am more than happy to talk at length. Quote me to let me know, please!
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:47 pm
Snip
"Yes. I was wondering if I could ask for your collaboration for a project tomorrow. To be more specific I would like your help in painting kites"
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:57 pm
"Many new developments, one could say. Like it was five years ago though, I'm at a point of looking at all the puzzle-pieces I have before assembling them." In other words, she was definitively on to something about this place but she didn't have all the pieces yet.

"Seems this village was lucky to have so much food after a winter with little trade, considering the circumstances. Quite a blessing, yeah? More than enough to offer to visitors too." She smiled but still made no move to eat her own food.
"If offered freely, well..."

He shrugged.

"I, for one, try not to spurn honest hospitality. Were I a Crane, I might say something about Courtesy, but... I am not, so I'll simply note that Shinsei spoke against paranoia and anxiety."

He gave a sort of stretch.

"And while stealing food off of your plate might be unseemly, I see no point in not getting one of my own."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:51 pm
"And while stealing food off of your plate might be unseemly, I see no point in not getting one of my own."
"If you're sure..." she murmured, uncertain if she wanted Sora to subject himself to whatever could be in the food. If there was drugs in kami-damned fireworks, who knew what else these folks would do, with ill intent or not. "I won't stop you."

"And it would be poor form of me to let an elder go hungry, Sora," Satsuki offered her plate to Sora, a touch timidly. "How are you holding up though? Been able to sleep lately?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:57 pm
"If you're sure..." she murmured, uncertain if she wanted Sora to subject himself to whatever could be in the food. If there was drugs in kami-damned fireworks, who knew what else these folks would do, with ill intent or not. "I won't stop you."

"And it would be poor form of me to let an elder go hungry, Sora," Satsuki offered her plate to Sora, a touch timidly. "How are you holding up though? Been able to sleep lately?"
"Last night, I slept like a baby, Satsuki. Dreamed of Kinyoubi, and Shirayuki, Phi, Soryu, Kozan, Reiko, and a few others."

He took a bite, and his eyebrows went up.

"It's good, in case you were wondering."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:00 am
"Last night, I slept like a baby, Satsuki. Dreamed of Kinyoubi, and Shirayuki, Phi, Soryu, Kozan, Reiko, and a few others."

He took a bite, and his eyebrows went up.

"It's good, in case you were wondering."
She smiled. "If Wu Zhe helped making it, like some said, I'm sure it is." Even if she wasn't eating the food, she could praise those responsible for it.

"I'm glad you've been able to sleep. Many have been struggling with that lately it seems after coming here. Can't say I've had the same trouble myself though, but maybe it helps that I've had plenty of things to keep me busy."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:05 am
She smiled. "If Wu Zhe helped making it, like some said, I'm sure it is." Even if she wasn't eating the food, she could praise those responsible for it.

"I'm glad you've been able to sleep. Many have been struggling with that lately it seems after coming here. Can't say I've had the same trouble myself though, but maybe it helps that I've had plenty of things to keep me busy."
"Ah, but haven't we all? I'll admit, my pleasant dreams last night.... I had to fight for them. Something wanted to show me my wife in terror, cradling our youngest daughter."

He grinned rather savagely.

"And if you will pardon the expression, I fucking refused to have any part of that."

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:02 pm
"Oh yes. She was trying to convince me that what they were doing was for our own good." She rolled her eyes. "They want to empower humans to reach their highest potential and fulfill their greatest dreams."
“Sounds like it’s rather lonely… That’s what happens when you consume all your friends I guess.” She said with a chuckle.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Well, she did mention her beloved a few times." she laughed. "But, never said more about them than that."

Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Beloved… Like not humans or something like that?” She asked.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I imagine she was referring to their champion. But, she's keeping who or what they are a secret." she shrugged.

Accompanied By| San