Jiyo Sora

Re: A Matter of Trust [Day 4, Late Evening, Ask]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

His tone was quite dry. Suspiciously so.

"I believe we'll find some space for your story in the Libraries, Chouri-san."

A pause.

"It seems, after all, to be of some importance."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She smiled wanly. "Hopefully someone will open that book."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I think that can be promised."

He chuckled.

"If nothing else, my children are voracious readers."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Canary

Post by Canary »

She chuckled a little. "Good to know. If his other children is anything like Shiba Kumori-sama, I think we'll be in good hands."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Oh, they're..."

He sighed fondly.

"I can't really call them good kids anymore, not when Kumori's one of the youngest, and probably the one the most like, well... me. But you get the general notion."

A shake of the head.

"Now. As to the future. You have accepted Imperial Protection, but that has its limits. In fact, were it not for the circumstances in play, we would likely be making efforts to take you into custody."

But trying to arrest the head of a village full of people with little inherent trust for the samurai would likely end in a bloodbath.

"Some will likely still press for it. How do you propose we negotiate matters with your people?"

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"I... I'm not sure," she admitted. "Normally, I would accept arrest. But the Harbinger... she... well, she wanted a cult. So... even with your current caution, you may be underestimating how badly that would go."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Oh, I am not. But it will be useful to inform the daimyo."

He gave her a half-bow.

"When matters have resolved here, it might be moot. If not, I will ask that you submit to Imperial justice at the first opportunity. They will likely demand you be placed under guard, and I doubt they'd believe Wu-san to be up to the job. If it becomes necessary, would my presence in this house be an issue? I intend to advise them of the simple arithmetic of our situation, and if need be, Kumori can attempt to give them orders. But."

He sighed.

"No one ever lost many bets against the intransigence of people who have become Important."

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She nodded. "I will submit to justice as soon as we can, assuming any of us are alive, as you implied. Your presence wouldn't be an issue."

She closed her eyes and nodded. "Whatever else happens, I'm small next to what's coming. It's better to have more resources in dealing with the Harbinger's 'beloved'," she nearly spit the word, "than less."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Then I'll take up a room."

Assuming he survived his fight with zombies the next day, anyhow.

"While we're on the subject of resources... an account of how you did what you did and the path you took might be a useful record. We could head off such endeavors in the future."

Carries:

Canary

Post by Canary »

She nodded. "I'll start writing. How I did what I did in what way?"
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Ideally. Also your journey that led you to the choices you made."

Carries: