Wu Zhe

Re: [D0, LA] A gift from a visitor

Post by Wu Zhe »

He supposed he was feeling like a sailor lost at sea. Able to see the stars and work the boat but unsure on what course to chart.

Why was he so nervous all of a sudden? And what was that fire?

''It is a very generous offer, Lady Chouri, and I would like to accept but...I do not know the customs of your people. I would not want to have people start untoward rumors against your person...''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

The shape moved and... it was just the heat distortion creating hearth illusions. It was just a normal fire.

"Oh, there wouldn't be any of that-" She starts, then looks embarrassed. "Oh, ah... Or were you obliquely saying no? I remember some of the followers of the Kami speaking rather indirectly..."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

The dragon fidgets a bit

''I do not want to refuse your offer, Lady Chouri, I just want to make sure I am not imposing.''

At that moment a tiny yawn could be heard by both silly humans and the red panda's head appeared from within the man's coat. Inspecting the situation and seeing a perfectly fine fireplace, the little animal jumped down on the floor and made it's way to it, curling down to continue it's nap.

''Ah, yes...I also come with this little furry one''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Oh no, not at all! It's my duty as the head of the village to be the first in line to offer our hospitality," she said, straightening. Her expression turned from serious to a delighted smile. "Oh, they're adorable! Where did you meet your friend here?"

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''On a mountain a few years back. He was in a sorry shape and I helped nurse him back to health. He's been following me since then.''

He reached out and scratched the troublemaker's head

''He used to be quite a handful but the years are catching up to him.''

He breathed in, returning to the subject at hand

''Well then...I would gladly accept your gracious invitation Lady Chouri. I must insist, however, that I will not only carry my own weight but contribute positively to your house during my stay. As the head of a village at the eve of a festival, I know you will be quite busy and will do my best to be a amiable guest.''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"He seems like a fun companion. And very cute!"

Chouri bowed deeply. "I appreciate your courtesy, Wu-sama. There is a great deal of preparation to do, especially with so many more people than expected. We'll have to expand what the plan was for the feast, and grab more materials for the effigies for the mental purification."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Of course'' he bowed back, smiling ''I can help with any dairy you might want to prepare and, while not a professional, I can help prepare the feast.''

He cocked his head, curious at the last mention

''Effigies for mental purification?''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"That would be greatly appreciated, Wu-sama. Whatever you feel moved to contribute, I will gladly accept," she replied warmly. "Ah, yes. Part of the festival involves clearing one's mind by decorating an effigy and naming it after your greatest fear, then beating up on it."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

That...sounded familar

''Oh? I think I have heard of something similar...we will have to face this fear afterwards, won't we?''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She nodded to him. "Indeed. If one issues a challenge, one will get a response, ne?"

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

There was a grave nod

''Yes...'' he paused for a second ''...do you know how this response will take shape?''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She shook her head. "I've seen many forms. The occasional nightmare, though not the same sort that people have arrived with. Unexpected encounters with their fear. People with existential fears often find themselves in thought spirals or something that brings them uncomfortably close to the idea of nonexistence or death."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He contemplated the uneasy answers

''And how do we fight these apparitions? Can we support others or must we stand alone?''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Generally, it's alone," she said. "The fears are personal, so the journey to cleanse oneself of them is, as well. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you something better."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Oddly enough, the dragon smiled

''Well then, we can still prepare ourselves beforehand. The journey is personal but I am not quite convinced we will be alone''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She smiled at that. "If there's one thing I've learned, it's that mutual support is important. We don't need to be truly alone. Even on journeys by yourself, you know the people you care about are out there and supporting you."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''True, quite true lady Chouri.'' there was some mirth in his eyes, as if he caught a plot twist before it's reveal ''It's why the festival is important, right? To have people in good spirits, to make human connections and to make them remember what is important before the final challenge?''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri burst into a laugh, smiling widely. "You're quite insightful, Wu-sama."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

The bushi tried to fight a blush coming to his cheeks.

''There is logic to it.'' he replied sheepishly ''The Wu neighbors the tattooed monks of the Togashi...we are well used in dealing with riddles''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She chuckles softly at the comment, her warm smile never fading. She seems to consider something for a moment, then, with a vivid blush blooming on her cheeks, she leans forward and kisses his cheek lightly. "There is. Thank you for understanding... Visitors are sometimes nervous, what with everything going on. I truly, truly appreciate you listening."

Played by GM Canary