Jiyo Sora

Re: Do You Have Spears? [Day 2, Mid-Evening, Expecting]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Indeed. It's why I see every person-turned-monster we slay as a failure. Better than letting them kill others, but... a failure nonetheless."

He took a bite, chewed thoughtfully.

"Do you perhaps see why I wish for you to take a role here? Fear does not seem to have any hold on you, Wu-san."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''I do understand but as far as fear is concerned I am not so sure of that, Jiyo-sama. I am just used to things being different...habit might be what differences us in this matter. In the lands of Wu there are many tribes still practicing their ancestral ways and to those are added a diaspora from all over the Empire.''

He sighed

''We are used in defending, mediating and helping all of those peoples.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Yet none of the strangeness here seems to have worried you unduly. That's what I'm getting at."

He glanced at the direction Chouri had gone.

"Although I admit, you probably have other concerns at the moment."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''I am worried for her'' he admitted ''She knows that Yume-jigoku will lash out the more the festival and ceremonies go on but she keeps strong. I respect her faith and devotion to her people.''

He glanced in that direction as well

''I do what I can to assist but there is so much I can do''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Just knowing you give a damn is probably of help to her. Especially since I'm fairly certain most have approached with a degree of distrust after the incident at the festival. I certainly was prepared for it."

He shrugged.

"But if her story's a bit vague, how open would I be with a bunch of total strangers who showed up on my doorstep?"

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He nodded

''And it might still be painful to think or speak about it. I still feel the loss of the land of my birth even if I can't recall it anymore. I was still young when we left but sometimes I get memories of places and family.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Or she might feel it isn't any of our damned business."

He grinned.

"After all, we came here, she didn't come to us."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He let out a laugh

''And what a bunch of oddballs we must look like.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora laughed in reply.

"Right? The Crab are camped in some poor guy's field, the rest of us are scattered all over, we're all armed, we're all full of questions and nosing about..."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Ha! I was wondering what was odd about their camp. Still nice fellows...they agreed to help with a draw lot play tomorrow.''

he bid into a slice of bread

''How many came to introduced themselves?''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Crab? Well. I introduced myself to the Hiruma with the thing for bandages. Lady and Anjing and I go way, way back."

Too, too far back.

"Young Yoshitstune Ayako and I had a bit of a chat. Otherwise, I haven't spoken to any of them."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He shook his head

''I mean how many came to introduce themselves to lady Chouri? With the amount of high dignitaries that showed up here I might have expect that basic courtesy would been practiced.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Absolutely none. From the Crane, Stag, and Lion, that's no surprise. The Crab, I'll admit, I thought had a bit more of a sense of perspective..."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He rubbed his face

''So...a throng of armed and armored apes come make a fortified camp in your fields and the only ones trying to establish formal relations are a grumpy librarian, a dragon cheesemonger, a wandering warrior and her scorpion friend?''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"That does seem to be the way of it, yes..."

He tapped the side of his nose and grinned.

"Just shows who the important ones are, eh?"

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Shows who the sensible ones are, yes''

Sometimes he hated his job as a diplomat.

''Well I organized a draw lot play for the morrow...that should entertain the village people. Smoothing things over will take a lot of effort.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

And they didn't even know how many people would spurn the villagers' hospitality at the feast the next day!

"Oh, seeing if I'll reprise my starring turn from five years back?"

He had shared the stage with an actual Kami, after all.

"Count me in!"

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Indeed they did not!

''Oh! Your presence will likely be a crowd pleaser Jiyo-sama.'' he replied with a ever widening grin ''I cannot foresee how the villagers would'nt be roused by your stage presence.''

He chukles

''I will also try to organise kite painting the day after tomorrow. It's just a matter of getting the materials''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Busy man, Wu-san. But if you're this much of a glutton for work, I have definitely sought out the right samurai..."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''The play is certain to happens the rest is hopeful plans'' he replied waving a hand ''There will be time to rest once this is over but for now I do my best to help these people and their festival...and hopefully counterbalance the general unpleasantness.''