Reiko Ohta

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Garden [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Anjing wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:29 am
Anjing nods, having raised a hand to prevent a low speed flower inspection collision.

"The food looked appetizing but my tastes are simple. Although I am sure our hosts will feel put out having gone to all this trouble."
She makes a rising motion with her hand.
"There is no need for ceremony, we are both guests enjoy the evening. Although perhaps you were enjoying the flowers more than I was." Anjing's knowledge of flowers extended to the fact some of them looked nice and some didn't.

"I am Anjing of the Crab, I do not think we have spoken before?"
"Ah, no... I do not believe I have had the opportunity, Anjing-sama. I am Ohta. Reiko Ohta, of the Spider. And I will admit, I was... well, perhaps enjoying the flowers is not the right word. They make me curious more so. I find a good mystery has a way of absorbing the attention. Maybe attention I should have put elsewhere, but things seemed slow enough, especially since I'm not hungry and I don't want to bother my sensei more."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai shifted to another song on her shamisen, something a little more sedate and relaxing for the moment.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:15 am
There was a fever for more cowbell but she dared not voice it, perhaps some dark urge from Yume-Jigoku… no good can come from more cowbell even if it would be so pleasing. She enjoyed the vibe and then noticed the stranger, another ronin or tribal? She gave greetings, “Good evening, do enjoy the beautiful feast the village has laid out before us.”
"May Air continue to lift you," she returns, by way of greeting by the tone of her voice. Shifting slightly, uncomfortably, her shoulders raise as if preparing for an attack from behind. Yet, such an attack would never come. With this distraction playing in her mind she allows, "Is it normal to make offers of other peoples generosity where you are from?" but snaps her mouth shut. Shaking her head, she quickly adds, "Nevermind. Please, continue, I shan't disturb you more."

Should she not be sought further, she would slink back a few steps to hide among the people but remain near to continue to listen.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai raised a brow at the… was that a rebuke? She would have been concerned but the woman was of low station, a ronin at best and another hidden child of the Emperor at worst. Either way the creature retreated and she continued playing her song.

The strange woman’s presence was quickly forgotten.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:25 pm

"Ah, no... I do not believe I have had the opportunity, Anjing-sama. I am Ohta. Reiko Ohta, of the Spider. And I will admit, I was... well, perhaps enjoying the flowers is not the right word. They make me curious more so. I find a good mystery has a way of absorbing the attention. Maybe attention I should have put elsewhere, but things seemed slow enough, especially since I'm not hungry and I don't want to bother my sensei more."
"Blessings upon you Ohta."
Anjing cocks her head slightly at the mention of a mystery.

"Is that so? There is some hidden truth to the garden? That seems more interesting than standing around and gossiping, and if your sensei is busy it can be a diverting task."
She crosses her arms. "What are you searching for?"
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Kai

Post by Kai »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:48 pm
"I can't say for certain Kai-san." He offered after a moment. "The festival here has been somewhat peculiar though, but I believe this is a normal part of it."

"The villagers don't seem to think it's out of the ordinary at least."
"Peculiar is a word I would use. I wonder if this festival has anything to do with the weird fog that is around." He wondered. "Any ideas... have you been able to sleep?" He came out of the blue.
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"It's hard to say about the fog. I know I'm not a fan though." He finished with a grimace.

"As for sleeping, I've managed. I have heard others have had quite a bit of trouble though." He paused. "How about you Kai-san, getting plenty of rest?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Anjing wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:34 pm
"Is that so? There is some hidden truth to the garden? That seems more interesting than standing around and gossiping, and if your sensei is busy it can be a diverting task."
She crosses her arms. "What are you searching for?"
"Nothing... important I suppose."

She turns and looks at a plant, cupping a white flower in one of her small but rough looking hands, "I was just wondering the effects of the local oddities on the garden plants. This area is ripe with mysterious spirits and odd weather. All the more so if these temperature changes and constant fog are NORMAL for this place... This garden is very well tended and lush if the fog keeps the sunshine out so much."

Ohta looked up at the sun through the mist, just a low orange blob to Anjing's side, "...it hardly seems enough."
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:45 am

"Nothing... important I suppose."

She turns and looks at a plant, cupping a white flower in one of her small but rough looking hands, "I was just wondering the effects of the local oddities on the garden plants. This area is ripe with mysterious spirits and odd weather. All the more so if these temperature changes and constant fog are NORMAL for this place... This garden is very well tended and lush if the fog keeps the sunshine out so much."

Ohta looked up at the sun through the mist, just a low orange blob to Anjing's side, "...it hardly seems enough."
"Ah, something to keep the mind and hands busy then?"
She peers down a the white flower. "It is...unusual how everything grows despite the fog. Lady Amaterasu is so dim here."
Indeed, now that Ohta mentioned it the garden was quite impressive for the conditions indeed.

"Are you a gardener then? When you're not following the path of destiny?"
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Kai

Post by Kai »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:45 am
snip
Kai frowned. "No... I feel like I have to keep an eye opened or be attacked by what lives in the shadows." He shook his head. "It may sound crazy but with the fog and the expectation of the attack... one just cannot know."
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kai wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:56 am
Kai frowned. "No... I feel like I have to keep an eye opened or be attacked by what lives in the shadows." He shook his head. "It may sound crazy but with the fog and the expectation of the attack... one just cannot know."
"It is hard to know, but it's still important to try and rest at some point. Otherwise, you might just fall over at important moment, and that would be for the best. Especially with the way things are. Better to try and sleep somewhere safe or at least as safe as it can be then to pass out who knows where."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Anjing wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:14 am
"Ah, something to keep the mind and hands busy then?"
She peers down a the white flower. "It is...unusual how everything grows despite the fog. Lady Amaterasu is so dim here."
Indeed, now that Ohta mentioned it the garden was quite impressive for the conditions indeed.

"Are you a gardener then? When you're not following the path of destiny?"
"I'm a healer and herbalist on the side. Which leads to its own path towards learning about plants. I could probably keep a garden alive if I put my mind to it, though I've not found the free time... I wonder if there's something smaller I could put my mind to, something I could keep with me even when busy..."

She trailed off before shaking her head, "Either way, it's more a fascination than anything; There are so many interesting creatures and plants in the Empire, I like learning about them and discovering ones I've never heard of before. Learning how they work and behave and thrive."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:18 pm
"I'm a healer and herbalist on the side. Which leads to its own path towards learning about plants. I could probably keep a garden alive if I put my mind to it, though I've not found the free time... I wonder if there's something smaller I could put my mind to, something I could keep with me even when busy..."

She trailed off before shaking her head, "Either way, it's more a fascination than anything; There are so many interesting creatures and plants in the Empire, I like learning about them and discovering ones I've never heard of before. Learning how they work and behave and thrive."
"A very small plant maybe? You could carry it around like Shinsei and his stone perhaps? Be the little gardener."
Anjing smiles faintly at the image.

"That sounds like an excellent duty. Your people prize knowledge, do they not? I assume what you learn must be well sort after, is there a library somewhere filled with your musings on creatures and plants perhaps?"
Great Destiny

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Anjing wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:39 pm
"A very small plant maybe? You could carry it around like Shinsei and his stone perhaps? Be the little gardener."
Anjing smiles faintly at the image.

"That sounds like an excellent duty. Your people prize knowledge, do they not? I assume what you learn must be well sort after, is there a library somewhere filled with your musings on creatures and plants perhaps?"
"The Teacher carries around a stone? Amazing..."

Ohta's eyes sparkle and she thinks a moment. "There are few enough libraries that even fewer specialize. The only library I know of from the tribal period was the one in Isawa lands, but I'd love to start one just for the natural world."

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:23 am
"The Teacher carries around a stone? Amazing..."

Ohta's eyes sparkle and she thinks a moment. "There are few enough libraries that even fewer specialize. The only library I know of from the tribal period was the one in Isawa lands, but I'd love to start one just for the natural world."
"It's quite a big stone, as a conversation piece and for training mainly. Imagine how easy it would be for you to strike up a chat with someone if you were carrying a big rock?"
Anjing reflected with some mirth that the stone had at least worked on her.

"You should talk to Sora then, he loves his libraries. Sometimes I think we invented paper just to help him stock them. If you say it's for the glory of the Emperor or whatever he'd at least consider one devoted to the natural world."
Shrugging. "Worst he can do is say no and maybe cuss you out a little."
Great Destiny

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:31 am
"You should talk to Sora then, he loves his libraries. Sometimes I think we invented paper just to help him stock them. If you say it's for the glory of the Emperor or whatever he'd at least consider one devoted to the natural world."
Shrugging. "Worst he can do is say no and maybe cuss you out a little."
"Sora... Jiyo Sora-sama? The sarcastic one with the interesting eye?"

The short woman tilted her head like a dog, not knowing that part of Sora's little legend.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:36 am
"Sora... Jiyo Sora-sama? The sarcastic one with the interesting eye?"

The short woman tilted her head like a dog, not knowing that part of Sora's little legend.
"That's the one...unless there are two. But I don't think the Fortunes are that unkind. He's big on learning, big on libraries, it's something he takes very personally and he's connected with the Imperial Family. Probably one of his better accomplishments if I have to be honest."

She looks around but can't spot the imperial.
"So if you want a library, he's one of the only options in the land. Just be prepared to deal with the whole...him."
Great Destiny

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:42 am
"That's the one...unless there are two. But I don't think the Fortunes are that unkind. He's big on learning, big on libraries, it's something he takes very personally and he's connected with the Imperial Family. Probably one of his better accomplishments if I have to be honest."
"Ah. So sensei and I aren't the only scholars here. Interesting indeed. Do you like reading much, Anjing-dono?"

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:50 am

"Ah. So sensei and I aren't the only scholars here. Interesting indeed. Do you like reading much, Anjing-dono?"
"It has its uses I have to admit. Even if I only learnt the skill later in life. There seem to be so many clever ideas you can store for someone to then later pickup. Still, it can be a little slow sometimes, I think I prefer the spoken word."

With a slight smile.
"I certainly hope you like reading though, or you have found yourself in a difficult situation."
Great Destiny

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:11 am
"It has its uses I have to admit. Even if I only learnt the skill later in life. There seem to be so many clever ideas you can store for someone to then later pickup. Still, it can be a little slow sometimes, I think I prefer the spoken word."

With a slight smile.
"I certainly hope you like reading though, or you have found yourself in a difficult situation."
"I love reading!" Ohta chirped before composing herself, calming and blushing before continuing, "I will admit, I do like hearing the stories from other people first hand too. About different experiences, parts of the Empire, the lands beyond, the past... It is nice that they can be preserved though and spread across the lands, since there are so many people across such a large land, and people are lost over time..."