Otomo Akutou

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Hearth Room [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Otomo Akutou »

The gyoza are excellent!
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:43 am
"I imagine she was referring to their champion. But, she's keeping who or what they are a secret." she shrugged.
“Lovely…” She said with an annoyed tone.

“Well… I’m glad you made it back. Got ourselves a party here to celebrate it… You feeling up to eating?”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:38 pm
"Yes. I was wondering if I could ask for your collaboration for a project tomorrow. To be more specific I would like your help in painting kites"
"Kites?" Hikaru frowned. Then he sighed, nodding.

"I should be able to devote some time." He said, his expression serious. "May I ask, what is the nature of this project?"
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:07 am
"Ah, but haven't we all? I'll admit, my pleasant dreams last night.... I had to fight for them. Something wanted to show me my wife in terror, cradling our youngest daughter."

He grinned rather savagely.

"And if you will pardon the expression, I fucking refused to have any part of that."
"Our enemy can go sit on a shit-stick for all I care," she noted in agreement. She felt no need to explain what sort of nightmares it had been giving her.

"How's it going trying to organise and delegate stuff though? Not exactly your usual job, right?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:19 am
"Our enemy can go sit on a shit-stick for all I care," she noted in agreement. She felt no need to explain what sort of nightmares it had been giving her.

"How's it going trying to organise and delegate stuff though? Not exactly your usual job, right?"
"Well. I vastly preferred it when people were trying to kill me with spears, does that help?"

He shook his head.

"So many egos to balance. And we have an interesting mix of talents that tend to be very focused in their area of expertise, while being absolutely awful in others. I honestly wish we had your mother here, she's always had a real gift for diplomacy."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Togashi Satsuki

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:22 am
"Well. I vastly preferred it when people were trying to kill me with spears, does that help?"

He shook his head.

"So many egos to balance. And we have an interesting mix of talents that tend to be very focused in their area of expertise, while being absolutely awful in others. I honestly wish we had your mother here, she's always had a real gift for diplomacy."
"I'm not gonna lie, I really wish she was here too. I think she would be able to do so much so easily..." her shoulders rose with a sigh. "But she's been busy the past years. With dad... I know he never asked her to step up, but she's been practically leading the Dragon for the past years now during this crisis."

For a moment, Satsuki was silent, her thoughts offering prayers to her family for their continued safekeeping. "But you know, we're not doing too badly. Sure, we have some pretty big names and all, but in camp, I feel like there's no problems really. People are getting along, working together across the clans. The daimyo all seem to be on the same page even. Which says a lot when auntie Anjing and Lady Makime can find an accord."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:25 am

For a moment, Satsuki was silent, her thoughts offering prayers to her family for their continued safekeeping. "But you know, we're not doing too badly. Sure, we have some pretty big names and all, but in camp, I feel like there's no problems really. People are getting along, working together across the clans. The daimyo all seem to be on the same page even. Which says a lot when auntie Anjing and Lady Makime can find an accord."
"Oh nonsense, all it takes for them to agree on something is for some young idiot to piss on a wall!"

He... appeared to be joking?

"But the Empire is more than the Clans, isn't it? The daimyo are in accord, but what of the clans who sent no daimyo? What of the farmers, the monks, the unsworn warriors? Can the daimyo of a Clan, accustomed to routine obedience, see to all of the needs of a mixed group of people, some of whom owe them no fealty at all? Can they be flexible?"

He shrugged.

"I ask, Satsuki, because I seriously have no idea. We all need to come together, and I hope that we can, but... there are things you need to worry about when you're coordinating and delegating."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:31 am
snip
Sora can feel a headache coming on, creeping slowly from the back of his head forward.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:39 am
Sora can feel a headache coming on, creeping slowly from the back of his head forward.
"Your pardon, Satsuki, something seems... amiss."

[Strength of the Earth means he's able to be this polite :lol:]

Carries:

Togashi Satsuki

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:31 am
"Oh nonsense, all it takes for them to agree on something is for some young idiot to piss on a wall!"

He... appeared to be joking?

"But the Empire is more than the Clans, isn't it? The daimyo are in accord, but what of the clans who sent no daimyo? What of the farmers, the monks, the unsworn warriors? Can the daimyo of a Clan, accustomed to routine obedience, see to all of the needs of a mixed group of people, some of whom owe them no fealty at all? Can they be flexible?"

He shrugged.

"I ask, Satsuki, because I seriously have no idea. We all need to come together, and I hope that we can, but... there are things you need to worry about when you're coordinating and delegating."
"I understand your concerns," she nodded. "So far I think it's going well though. Ranmaru and Shang seem to be fine letting me coordinate with the daimyo, and so far I don't think anyone is objecting to what is being done there." Even Ai and Naraku seemed to have worked out their little difference easily enough to her.

"As for the others, I think that..." her words trailed off a bit in thought only to be interrupted.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:40 am
"Your pardon, Satsuki, something seems... amiss."

[Strength of the Earth means he's able to be this polite :lol:]
"... What's wrong?" her voice lowered and she instantly stepped closer to the older man, ready to support him or defend him.
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:50 am
"... What's wrong?" her voice lowered and she instantly stepped closer to the older man, ready to support him or defend him.
"Either thinking about Makime and Anjing this much has finally gotten to me, or..."

He closed his eyes. Mostly for the sake of the oracular one.

"... I'm about to see something urgent."

Carries:

Togashi Satsuki

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:54 am
"Either thinking about Makime and Anjing this much has finally gotten to me, or..."

She didn't say anything, but as he closed his eyes, she put her hands on one of his arms to support him. In case he would fall and break his hip or something, like old people worried about happening to them.
Theme | Profile

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:

Sora reacting as if in pain caught Kumori’s eye from a short distance away… and she kept watching the old man…
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Canary

Post by Canary »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
The vision hit him like a boulder dropped off a 200 foot cliff.

Him, and everyone near him.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:50 am
snip
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:17 am
snip
Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:02 am
snip
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:43 am
snip
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:53 am
snip
Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:38 pm
snip
Pain spikes as you suddenly see the world shifting around, molded like clay in the hands of a skilled sculptor. Yet there is something consistent in the midst of it. A statue of a tall woman made of stone, dressed in dark blue armor. She stands as a bulwark against the shifting world, protecting eight vaguely human-shaped shadows behind her of far less defined attributes.

Then it ends and you're back in the hearth room.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora let his breath hiss out.

"That... was a bit intense."

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Not being use to visions herself…. Han-Hei took a step back after seeing what she saw.

“Who was that…?” She asked aloud to no one in particular.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"One of Nine."

Sora frowned.

"I do hope I don't have to do that eight more times..."

Carries:

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Hikaru grit his teeth, both hands coming up to clutch at his head as the vision took hold. Fear, confusion, and a healthy does of nausea all seemed to wash over him in those few seconds.

He swallowed as he came out of it, blinking, looking around, confusion turning to shock as he realized everyone else had gone through the same thing.

"What was that?" Hikaru swallowed again. "Who was that?"
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Satsuki had initially planned to support Sora, but ended up clinging to him for support as this glimpse hit her like a boulder. She had experienced glimpses of the future before, but never like this.

"..." Anjing? Or... Ayako? her thoughts raced, without realising her hands were holding Sora's sleeve in a death-grip.
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"It would seem my vision was a shared one."

Sora looked about to see if any of the villagers had seen it too.

Carries: