Shiba Kumori

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Hearth Room [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori similarly looked for the hostess to see if she reacted in a similar way…

Quite the buzzkill for a feast…
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"That was... something to remember." Nao took a moment to catch her breath. The experience reminded her of one of her seizures. Thankfully, it hadn't been ad debilitating.

- - -
Edited after seeing what I'd missed.
Last edited by Ryoshun Nao on Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:34 am
Kumori similarly looked for the hostess to see if she reacted in a similar way…

Quite the buzzkill for a feast…
Chouri is indeed bracing herself on the floor, holding her head. She smiles and waves the other villagers off when they ask about her wellness.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:02 am
Chouri is indeed bracing herself on the floor, holding her head. She smiles and waves the other villagers off when they ask about her wellness.
Sora approached and offered his hand.

"My apologies, Lady Chouri. My visions are not often that strong, but they have never been quite so... widespread."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

About that time, quite late, Norikage walked into the house. He had a small bottle of something alcoholic he procured along the way and placed it on a table, bring something where you arrive, after all.

He then grabbed some food and scarfed it down. Noticing that things were a bit baited and tense, he looked around, shrugged and.kept eating.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:21 am
Hikaru grit his teeth, both hands coming up to clutch at his head as the vision took hold. Fear, confusion, and a healthy does of nausea all seemed to wash over him in those few seconds.

He swallowed as he came out of it, blinking, looking around, confusion turning to shock as he realized everyone else had gone through the same thing.

"What was that?" Hikaru swallowed again. "Who was that?"
The dragon's legs became wobbly so he sought stability at the nearest wall before the vision came. He was confused about it's source but he thought he understood the meaning of vision.

''Was that Lady Doji?" He frowned "No... that's not it"
Last edited by Wu Zhe on Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

For his part, his player having been asleep when it happened, Akutou drops the bowl he had been holding.

"Well," he says aloud and to nobody in particular, "that's a strange party trick."

~~~~~
Still open; quote to flag me!
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

snip
Last edited by Wu Zhe on Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

The vision flashes as Naraku finishes taking a bite. It forcefully presents to himself and washes his body with a healthy dose of nausea and anxiety. The symbolism was clear but was it truly a vision? And if yes, from whom?

He stumbles a bit, still wobbly from the forceful intrusion.

"Did anyone else?" his words are cut off as he feels a numbing headache.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei stepped toward the center of the room and asked aloud, “Everybody who saw something just now… Please raise your hand.”

After waiting an appropriate amount of time to give everyone opportunity to choose whether or not they raise their hands….

“I think the first question is… Did we all see the same thing?”

She looked around for a second.

“One woman in armor… Eight ill-defined figures behind her… That sound familiar to everyone?”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''That might be the thunders'' he replied, raising a hand ''The first might have been revealed?''

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Did she seem familiar, then?" Nao asked, uncertain herself.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Fair warning... the futures I see are subject to change. But I think Wu-san has the broad strokes correct."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei replied, “It could mean that… But it could mean a lot of things. Visions don’t always give you things that you hope for from what I have heard…”

She looked around, “I don’t know many stone-ladies walking around camp… So… there’s something we don’t quite get.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"The Thunders," he managed to say as he reeled back from the forceful vision. "The stern determination. The courage to stand in defiance in the face of peril and for the protection of others. That was the Crab Thunder."

"But... I could not see the face," he composed himself, feeling slightly better. "Merely that it was a woman."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Saw blue an' big," Akutou says. "Couldn't tell on th' rest."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Shaking out of it, Satsuki had followed Sora to look after the headwoman. She might've been the one most surprised by this sudden vision. "Are you doing alright?"

She glanced to Sora. "I have a feeling that will happen each time destiny takes shape before the day is upon us..."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Hikaru frowned. "Jiyo-sama's eye is known throughout the Empire." He bowed to the man.

As he straightened, his frown deepened. "But why did the rest of us have this vision? Correct me if I'm wrong, Jiyo-sama, but you do not normally share them with others."
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:03 am
Sora approached and offered his hand.

"My apologies, Lady Chouri. My visions are not often that strong, but they have never been quite so... widespread."
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:37 pm
Shaking out of it, Satsuki had followed Sora to look after the headwoman. She might've been the one most surprised by this sudden vision. "Are you doing alright?"

She glanced to Sora. "I have a feeling that will happen each time destiny takes shape before the day is upon us..."
"Ah... Yes," she said, smiling apologetically and taking Sora's hand to straighten. "I apologize, it was just... a-a shock. Are you all all right?"
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:09 pm
"The Thunders," he managed to say as he reeled back from the forceful vision. "The stern determination. The courage to stand in defiance in the face of peril and for the protection of others. That was the Crab Thunder."

"But... I could not see the face," he composed himself, feeling slightly better. "Merely that it was a woman."
"A... Thunder? I get the impression you're not talking about the weather..." She said, looking around at the others.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:52 pm
"A... Thunder? I get the impression you're not talking about the weather..." She said, looking around at the others.
“No… no they’re not… They are linking one prophecy to another… Though I am not sure we should be so eager to jump to conclusions…”

She looked over to Sora.

“Sora-sama’s visions are not always the clearest…”