Makime

Re: Purification of the Form [D5, EE, Event]

Post by Makime »

From her position nearby, Makime continued to watch in silence as this little drama ran it's course. As always her face was without emotion, concealing her thoughts on the matter.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Oh, yes, perhaps you should have. Yet it was hardly just you, who seem to have found me a convenient test for their theories!"

Reaching to her left wrist with her right arm, she drew her prayer beads, letting them fall so all could see the jade beads, and then she took them in her right hand and squeezed. Squeezed so hard she heard the hollow clay beads crack, and jade dust trickled between her fingers, before she finally let them dangle loose again, where they hung, unmarked and unmarred by her touch.

"If that is your concern, you may consider it passed. Thank you, Chouri-san, for showing me more kindness than any in this gathering."

Turning, she strode away from the gathered samurai, with all the poise and fury of a cat with its ruff up, eyes blazing with indignation and /exited unless restrained.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:43 pm
Yukara gazed at Kumori. Then Sora. Then all the gathered 'important people.'

"You all... suspected. And you just let me walk up and do this!?"

Her eyes blazed with betrayal, and she practically snarled, "Please, Hisomu-san, do your tests. And when you are finished, perhaps those gathered can explain why I was to be their test case!"
Goju eyes goes wide at this. Wait? She trusted them?!?!?! After the first night of drugging people, Goju hasn't trusted these villagers at all. He assumed pretty much no else did.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:17 pm
Shizuku smiled and brought up her foot, tapping it gently.
After Yukara was tested by jade, then abruptly stormed off, Ayako turned back to Shizuku, her eyes wide with alarm.

"You're still okay, right?" she said, very softly. "....Right?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:19 pm
angry cat things
He didn't get it, but he could do something. Even if maybe he shouldn't.

A few swift steps after Yukara got his hand on her shoulder. Another two saw him next to her as she stormed away. He was looking at her with a strange excitement he possibly didn't quite grasp himself.

He whispered something in her ear, it took more than a second or two. Then he patted her on the shoulder and smiled at her.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

When he grabbed her shoulder, for a brief moment it almost seemed she would turn her blade on him, but she did not, merely bristled at the touch. After her spoke, her eyes widened, and she bit out a tiny, hushed reply.

Then she pulled away, in ever greater turmoil.

/exit
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:39 pm
After Yukara was tested by jade, then abruptly stormed off, Ayako turned back to Shizuku, her eyes wide with alarm.

"You're still okay, right?" she said, very softly. "....Right?"
Shizuku looked up at her. "Of course I am."

Along with the other villagers, though, she's looking a little agitated.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:19 pm
"If that is your concern, you may consider it passed. Thank you, Chouri-san, for showing me more kindness than any in this gathering."
She let out a soft sigh and roses, bowing. She looked around at the villagers. "Everyone, please... Let's calm down and proceed, ne?" It wasn't directed at the samurai present. the villagers calm down, and Chouri returns to where she was sitting.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:01 pm

She let out a soft sigh and roses, bowing. She looked around at the villagers. "Everyone, please... Let's calm down and proceed, ne?" It wasn't directed at the samurai present. the villagers calm down, and Chouri returns to where she was sitting.
Reo nods to the woman. "If you have room for one more..."

He looks back at Naraku and Ohta. "I will similarly submit myself for testing and followup. I understand potential risk, if I show signs of turning, nip it in the bud. But the chance at discovery..."

Reo sits back. "I may have many years left. But each would be agony, wondering "what if?""

They have been already.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

After watching Yukara take her leave finally, Norikage also returned to where he had stood before. He gave Chouri a look, gauging her On. He didn't seem disappointed, but he did seem uncertain. He would watch the rest of this and think it over.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji's eyes turned towards Matsu as one of her Clan stepped forward to try out this ritual that had already potentially doomed the soul of one of their members.

He did bad not stepping up and stopping Yukara, but it was Matsu's place to step forward this time. To stop her clanmate from doing something completely fucking nutters.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora didn't pursue Yukara.

Mostly because his player had been offline when she made her exit and he was already hosting the catering in the next timeslot.

Her anger's not misplaced. All these gawkers. None of them convinced because they don't want to be.

He spoke aloud, to no one in particular.

"Miraculous, but hardly the weirdest thing I've ever seen."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:30 pm
"There's reason f'r concern, is all I'm gonna say 'bout it," Akutou whispers back. "'Specially since th' higher-ups seem t' have it in hand."

He takes a breath and holds it a moment before continuing. "That don't mean don't keep an eye on it, though."
Shang quietly watched the scene play out from the peanut gallery. On the topic of the warning, she would have thought it was obvious by now but the promise of healing was too difficult of a thing for many to turn away. People don't have any options and they'll offer the first solution given to them. That said, it often ends with great disappointment when they are cheated, so seeing one solution work so blatantly was really something else.

"I suppose that sort of answers that suspicion..." she murmured from behind her fan. "We could have had that without the scene but then again...Some of us are very tired. It shouldn't be surprising that there are some foul moods and snapping going around here."
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:32 am
"I suppose that sort of answers that suspicion..." she murmured from behind her fan. "We could have had that without the scene but then again...Some of us are very tired. It shouldn't be surprising that there are some foul moods and snapping going around here."
Akutou shrugs slightly.

"Still more goin' on, too," he says, quietly. "An', well, I know how it feels t' feel b'trayed by them as you'd wanna trust."

He shakes his head.

"Caint always recover fr'm that kinda hurt."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju knew his father-in-law. He was unsurprised by this offer. He only hoped it wasn't too reckless.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Makime

Post by Makime »

"In my experience such things have a price," Makime said to Matsu, "If you do not wish your clan mate to see what that is...you might want to stop them. We will have to keep an eye on the Bat girl for much the same reason."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Canary wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:59 pm
Shizuku looked up at her. "Of course I am."

Along with the other villagers, though, she's looking a little agitated.
Ayako hovered protectively near Shizuku; she eyed the other villagers and samurai speculatively, as if unsure whether the crowd was about to turn ugly.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Ayako offered in a low voice.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:17 pm
Snippy snip
The Spider tched at Makime's words. She didn't uncross her arms as she strode down from where she stood, heading to her fellow Spider. Standing before him, her eyed narrowed.

"Consider what you are you doing. Consider that you are trusting a demonfucking hag. Our mandate as given by Lord Hisomu is to destroy all corruption. Not to expose ourselves to it. Evil tempts and deceives with false promises." She spoke plainly, though not loudly.

"If you do this, and you so much as have a hint of corruption, I'll take your fucking head myself."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:40 am
Akutou shrugs slightly.

"Still more goin' on, too," he says, quietly. "An', well, I know how it feels t' feel b'trayed by them as you'd wanna trust."

He shakes his head.

"Caint always recover fr'm that kinda hurt."
Shang shook her head and let out a sigh. "At some points during the stay, I almost wonder if we kept the camp separate from the village, it would have been best for both of us. Maybe not but it's too late to conjure some scenario that will never come to be. The fish has already been skinned, hard to put it back together and throw it in the river, I guess. That's a saying you're familiar with, right?"
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Chuchu, half-asleep, finally toddles into the headwoman's house... she fell asleep on accident again... blearily she looks around for a friendly human to lean against.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.