Wu Zhe

Day 2 LA: The man: legend and curmudgeon

Post by Wu Zhe »

Being the imperial librarian and having gone into Jigoku and back presumably gave Jiyo Sora-sama only hell of an insight over what might be happening now.

It is why Wu Zhe had sent a formal invitation to the man. That might annoy him...but it was important. Sitting on the front porch while Shou was busy stalking a butterfly, he waited.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Jiyo Sora

Re: Day 2 LA: The man: legend and curmudgeon

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora arrived, in the full regalia of a cranky middle-aged man who hadn't gotten any sleep the night before.

Truly, he cut a resplendent figure, from the bags under his eyes to the worn leather boots on his feet.

But he gave the Dragon a friendly bow. His friendship with Wu meant he was inclined to give the long-vanished daimyo's family the ebnefit of the doubt, and Zhe in particular was known to him.

And besides, the guy had cheese!

"Wu-san. Restful evening?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Wu Zhe was somewhat amazed at the display, never quite having seen something like this.

He rose and bowed low

"I did, though I was told I am among the lucky ones. Did you have a restful sleep yourself?"
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Not a wink, Wu-san, not a wink. It may not be my first sleepless night, but they do not improve with repetition."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

That drew some concern

''I heard some person might have dispersed some kava at the dance last night. It is not very potent but mixed with the energy of the party and the troubles of Yume-Jigoku it probably did not help. I hope tonight might serve you better.''

he paused

''If not then I can help you meditate...'' he grimaced ''...or get you into a food coma.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I doubt very much it was the kava. I think our enemy senses the coming confrontation and seeks to strike at us any way it can. We are, after all, a threat."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''That is a very real possibility.'' he admitted ''It will not get better but that also means we are heading in the right direction.''

He then turned to go inside

''Please come in, would you like something to eat or drink?''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"An unfair question from a man I know has access to cheese..."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He grinned ''Cheese for your wisdom and experience then?''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I am ill-equipped to refuse, but the joke's on you if you think I have any wisdom... experience, yes."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Ah, I do think you have something to teach us. It might bring back bad memories but it could help what is coming"

With that he let the older man in and followed to prepare a proper seating

''Lady Chouri should be here soon. I have told her you were passing by. I should have some thenthuk soup if you are hungry or I can just prepare a selection of cheese''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Oh, just a nibble, Wu-san. It would be most vexing if I were unable to get into my armor, after all..."

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

As though on cue, the woman herself slides the door open. She smiles gently and chuckles a little. "There's a real risk there. The cheese is delicious."

Then she bowed deeply to Sora. "You must be Jiyo Sora-sama. It's an honor to meet you. I'm Chouri... well, as you probably heard last night." She rises with a smile.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I had indeed gathered as much, Chouri-san. And please, no 'sama' here."

He bowed in return.

"I leave excessive formality to others."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He smiles wide before going to the kitchen

''I will prepare something we can share''

He would come back a few minutes later

''Please, lady Chouri, could you tell him about your discoveries. Jiyo-sama might have additional insight''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Understanding lit up Chouri's eyes. "Ah, I see! There's enough that I'm not sure where to start with that. Did you have something you were thinking about specifically?"

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Perhaps you could talk to him about the tribe that was living here?'

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She nodded. "The Kisaki. We still haven't found a lot on them, even living on their old site. Supposedly, having visions of the future was fairly common among the tribe, as common as something like that ever is. I did my best to track them down, since I was looking for something that might help with the nightmare problem."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

"Would you know about that tribe, Jiyo-sama?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Not much. And what seems to have happened to them?"

Sora's own oracular eye was something he didn't entirely trust within the unnatural fog, but he still had an intent look around.

Carries: