Canary

Our Daily Bread: The Garden [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Canary »

The garden is full of people, and a variety of braziers make sure people can be warm despite the cold snap. A couple of people are snuggled under the tree with a blanket around both.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Reiko Ohta

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Garden [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta is in the garden for the discussions; While the food was interesting, one thought about eating fish from the river made her feel like she needed fresh air instead. Despite the slight chill and the fog that was still hanging around.

Come to think of it, the swinging temperatures and fog should have been effecting the plants, part of what lead her out there.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Finding herself a place for herself among the gardens guests, Yumi sits on her own whittling a small twig with her knife into a most important tool. Small, sharpened, and then dulled the twig finds itself crafted into, and expertly used for, extraction tool for the bits of food from between the woman's teeth. Yet carrying everything that she owns the woman doesn't trust her things to some hiding place. Wearing her armor, and her bow unstrung for travel at her side. Hardly the image of a woman who came here for the party but then she wasn't really. Just an opportunist looking for a bit of food while nothing else seems to make sense around her.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

While Kenji wasn't against the idea of coming to the headswomans Estate? He would have wonder why this place was here later. He was wary about eating any of the food. Especially given the fact that he had already been drugged once at one of these events.

So staying outside it was, there was less temptation out here, as well as less chance to offend. The evening chill had him standing near one of the brazier though. Hands held close toward them.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Tai finds her way to tonight's ritual, feet finally wrapped against the chill, bear cloak across her shoulders. Frankly, after the walk here, it was too warm for her taste indoors, and the garden seemed a bit quieter so far, so Tai found her way there, offering polite nods to those already assembled, villager and outsider alike.

(pm/quote if coming to chat.)
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Anjing had made her way outside where there was a little more peace and quiet with the greater space.
The villagers' spread was impressive indeed, a greater bounty than anyone in her Clan would eat outside of the greatest feasts, and maybe even then.

She nods at those present she recognises while calmly waiting to see what had gathered everyone together while trying to keep warm.
Everyone now and then she shoots a suspicious glance out of the fog and towards the forest.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Anjing wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:51 am
Anjing had made her way outside where there was a little more peace and quiet with the greater space.
The villagers' spread was impressive indeed, a greater bounty than anyone in her Clan would eat outside of the greatest feasts, and maybe even then.

She nods at those present she recognises while calmly waiting to see what had gathered everyone together while trying to keep warm.
Everyone now and then she shoots a suspicious glance out of the fog and towards the forest.
An old woman would be joined by the young, a woman without affiliation but armor adorned in the telltale style of a lone traveler. Yumi approaches her with toothpick still reservedly working at her teeth. Somewhere in her early twenties she has enough years to have learned manners somewhere but declares herself lacking in this way. Though she has enough propriety to finish the task before speaking

"What do you see out there, grandmother?" she asks, tossing her toothpick aside. Glaring out among the trees which offered herself only questions as well.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Yumi wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:11 am

An old woman would be joined by the young, a woman without affiliation but armor adorned in the telltale style of a lone traveler. Yumi approaches her with toothpick still reservedly working at her teeth. Somewhere in her early twenties she has enough years to have learned manners somewhere but declares herself lacking in this way. Though she has enough propriety to finish the task before speaking

"What do you see out there, grandmother?" she asks, tossing her toothpick aside. Glaring out among the trees which offered herself only questions as well.
"Trouble hiding behind more trouble. And us having to fix it all."
Anjing turns and looks the other woman over with a raised eyebrow.

"Hmmm, I don't know you child. But perhaps I recognise that expression. Do you see the same? Something worse perhaps? It seems as though any shape can form in the fog these days."
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Anjing wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:25 am
"Trouble hiding behind more trouble. And us having to fix it all."
Anjing turns and looks the other woman over with a raised eyebrow.

"Hmmm, I don't know you child. But perhaps I recognise that expression. Do you see the same? Something worse perhaps? It seems as though any shape can form in the fog these days."
"Then you know me well enough, grandmother," she takes her own moment to look back to that distance, the trees she had hunted among. A deep sigh holds in her chest. "Worse, I fear. I see that which I do not know. An exciting challenge, usually, but this unknowing offers few answers. Answers that do not reveal much other than more questions."

"I do not like what I cannot understand, grandmother. If you see it only as trouble, might your wisened eyes know more than mine?" she says, and turns to regard the older woman in turn. An eye about her that scans with a students mind.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Yumi wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:38 am

Snip
"Wizened? Ha! You sounds like my children, next you will tell me I'm too old to hold a blade or go to war."
Anjing grins. The daimyo stands easily in her heavy armour that has seen years of heavy use but has lately been cleaned and polished. Her eyes are light but tired and they rarely stop following any villager who gets close.

"How old we must seem to the next generation. But I do hope in all these longs years I have learnt a little, if only by accident. And my old bones tell me that most of us see the same, that which we do not know. Or perhaps, that we only know in part. The question I am interested in, perhaps the most relevant one."
She drops her voice slightly.
"Is if anyone gathered here today knows exactly, what is out there. Because we should fear them most of all."
Great Destiny

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

The garden is the place Reo feels most comfortable: outside, space away from people, and with plants around. Picking it is a no brainer. He picks out a blanket and awkwardly sits, stretching his leg out.
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:39 am
Ohta is in the garden for the discussions; While the food was interesting, one thought about eating fish from the river made her feel like she needed fresh air instead. Despite the slight chill and the fog that was still hanging around.

Come to think of it, the swinging temperatures and fog should have been effecting the plants, part of what lead her out there.
Reo waves to his student
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime chose not to remain in the house, finding literal interest in the feast. Normally she would feel some joy in the knowledge her fellows were eating well. But the drugging of two nights ago was still fresh on her mind...so she hoped her fellow samurai would exercise great temperance with the food.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Matsu's nose itched. She was already well on alert, with the wrongness of the place. Her hands tucked into the sleeves of her kimono, and the Amazon stalked through the garden.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai arrived, she was quiet and serene. Her eyes were distant. She was here but not here.

OOC: PM or Quote if approached.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:05 am
Reo waves to his student
Noticing, Ohta walks over and gives a bow.

"Sitting on the job, are we sensei?"

Her tone is playful, but certainly short of mocking in any way; She'd known Reo long enough to know what was likely too far or not.
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Genji observed the garden, a soft glow still emanating from him, he glanced around, at the various people, bowing as appropriate.

OOC: PM if talky!
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Anjing wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:50 am
-snip-
Yumi's eyes narrow at the initial response, but widen as realization hits. Sheepishly she glances away but reasserts herself not a moment after. Young, but well enough along on her path of controlling those emotions.

Swallowing, "I would never suspect you are ever too old to hold a blade, grandmother." Taking to a suspicious glance over the rest of the party she lets the subject matter drift. "Should there be such a villain among us I would be glad to know you are present. Though I would hope that we manage to learn more about what is going on before such a villain would be revealed," she sighs a heavy sigh with the pang of loss on it, "or at least after."

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:43 pm
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:05 am
Reo waves to his student
Noticing, Ohta walks over and gives a bow.

"Sitting on the job, are we sensei?"

Her tone is playful, but certainly short of mocking in any way; She'd known Reo long enough to know what was likely too far or not.
"It's one of the few advantages of being senior and you know it." Reo offers a pretend huff. "Why are you wasting your time with this old relic?"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:49 pm
"It's one of the few advantages of being senior and you know it." Reo offers a pretend huff. "Why are you wasting your time with this old relic?"
"Just waiting, mostly. I suspect there will be some sort of announcement or welcome. It beats just looking at the plants but not being able to take samples."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai began sampling the food on display, it was good even if her heart and mind were elsewhere.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings