Canary

Our Daily Bread: The Hearth Room [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Canary »

The Hearth Room is definitely the busiest place in the house, and the warmest between the fire and all the people. The food is laid out here with plenty of ceramic plates so people can take it and go where they want. Chouri is here.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hisomu Tadaka

Re: Our Daily Bread: The Hearth Room [D3, EE, RP Thread]

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju was here. Though he wasn't getting any food yet. Partly because he already ate. But mostly because he was concerned that the food could be drugged. Sure drugged food sounded like a good time, but he remembered his promise to Hisomu and would avoid it if possible.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei had the pleasure of knowing the hostess and Yoshie and Daisuke were adamant that she attend the meal.

She mingled with the fellow guests and thanked the hostess for her hospitality.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora was there, although his state of mind was somewhat nebulous to his player as much of the day hadn't happened to him yet.

Assuming he hadn't gotten into a fistifght with Anjing or tried to strangle Hoto-Hori for taking away his Most Profanity in One Day title, he could be assumed to be maintaining a certain composure and being as pleasant as he ever was at a party.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Since Chouri was here...ahem

He had helped make the food and was quite happy with the spread of things available and the situation. Things were getting more tense but they were going and many kept the cheers.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Hikaru was around!

(quote if approached)
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:54 pm
Hikaru was around!
A tall woman nodded to the Crane as he entered the room.

“Good evening Doji-sama. It’s a pleasure to see you again.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Satsuki did dig out one of her nicer clothes, featuring vines and twisting dragons, to attend this feast. Though it was hard to not be on guard considering the continual stream of oddities this place provided.

She did take a plate of food with a very modest amount on it, but was still working up her will to try to eat it. So far she could at least hide behind mingling around. "Good to see you're still in one piece, Sora."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:52 am
Sora was there, although his state of mind was somewhat nebulous to his player as much of the day hadn't happened to him yet.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:14 pm
She did take a plate of food with a very modest amount on it, but was still working up her will to try to eat it. So far she could at least hide behind mingling around. "Good to see you're still in one piece, Sora."
"Doing my level best to confound the predictions of literally everyone who knew me in the first two decades of my life, Satsuki."

He favored the young Dragon with a grin.

"Any new developments I should be aware of, or should I just help you make some of that food disappear?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:01 pm
A tall woman nodded to the Crane as he entered the room.

“Good evening Doji-sama. It’s a pleasure to see you again.”
For the briefest of moments, Hikaru looked blank, but then he gave a nod of greeting. "Ah, Ronin-san. The pleasure is mine. I see you no longer wear your mask."

Reminded, his eyes narrowed, studying her features. "I apologize, but now I very much do believe we've met before. Besides the other day, of course." The corners of his lips just barely turned up. "Out of context, though, I'm afraid it's not coming to me. Was it with Lord Kakita?"
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:26 pm
snip
There was another who would approach the crane.

Having make his best to fulfill his role as a liasion, the dragon did not have the time to seek out the crane delegation. This was a good place as any but he did not want to barge in a conversasion

''Doji-san'' he bowed ''When you have a moment I would like to discuss with you''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:26 pm

For the briefest of moments, Hikaru looked blank, but then he gave a nod of greeting. "Ah, Ronin-san. The pleasure is mine. I see you no longer wear your mask."

Reminded, his eyes narrowed, studying her features. "I apologize, but now I very much do believe we've met before. Besides the other day, of course." The corners of his lips just barely turned up. "Out of context, though, I'm afraid it's not coming to me. Was it with Lord Kakita?"
“Oh, yes. Sorry… I was wearing that the last time we met. I leant the mask to a close friend of mine for good luck.” She replied.

“I was indeed a guest of the Lord Kakita when you came up to visit. Though I did not go by the moniker that I do here…”

She gestured with her head towards the Dragon princess across the room, “I saw an interesting note about you on the public pole yesterday… I wonder if it had anything to do with my cousin over there.”

She might have been trying to introduce herself in a way without sharing her name…

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:32 pm
There was another who would approach the crane.

Having make his best to fulfill his role as a liasion, the dragon did not have the time to seek out the crane delegation. This was a good place as any but he did not want to barge in a conversasion

''Doji-san'' he bowed ''When you have a moment I would like to discuss with you''
Frowning politely (he didn't really smile politely), Hikaru turned to the Dragon. "Wu-sama." He greeted the man with a bow. "It is an honor to meet you again. I believe our paths crossed at Winter Court, years ago."

Again he bowed. "Is this urgent? I shall place myself at your disposal shortly."
Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:38 pm
“Oh, yes. Sorry… I was wearing that the last time we met. I leant the mask to a close friend of mine for good luck.” She replied.

“I was indeed a guest of the Lord Kakita when you came up to visit. Though I did not go by the moniker that I do here…”

She gestured with her head towards the Dragon princess across the room, “I saw an interesting note about you on the public pole yesterday… I wonder if it had anything to do with my cousin over there.”

She might have been trying to introduce herself in a way without sharing her name…
Hikaru studied her a few moments more. Her features were familiar enough that, with the additional clues, he was able to recognize her. His expression didn't change, but he froze.

Slowly Hikaru nodded. "In that case, it is an honor to meet you again as well. Ah... how would you prefer that I call you?" He asked, blinking.

Ah, right, but she'd asked him a question. Once more, the corners of his lips just turned up. "It does, in fact. It is not a common tradition in the Crane, but nor is it unheard of." He looked over at Satsuki, his smile growing just a little. "My deeds may not be the equal of Lord Nanzi's, but I will give them my utmost."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:53 pm
Hikaru studied her a few moments more. Her features were familiar enough that, with the additional clues, he was able to recognize her. His expression didn't change, but he froze.

Slowly Hikaru nodded. "In that case, it is an honor to meet you again as well. Ah... how would you prefer that I call you?" He asked, blinking.

Ah, right, but she'd asked him a question. Once more, the corners of his lips just turned up. "It does, in fact. It is not a common tradition in the Crane, but nor is it unheard of." He looked over at Satsuki, his smile growing just a little. "My deeds may not be the equal of Lord Nanzi's, but I will give them my utmost."
“Han-Hei is fine.” She replied with a soft smile.

And then in answer to his comment, “I like it… It’s aspirational. Romantic. Makes people feel good.”

She turned to him with the same warm expression on her face, “It’s important to remember the good things in life that we all cherish so much… I wish you luck.”

She then nodded to the Wu as well and waited to see whether or not the Dragon was hoping to talk to Hikaru one-on-one.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao had chosen to stay near the fire. There was something extra comforting about it today. She hadn't spoken much, just offering greetings or friendly smiles to the others.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:17 pm
"Doing my level best to confound the predictions of literally everyone who knew me in the first two decades of my life, Satsuki."

He favored the young Dragon with a grin.

"Any new developments I should be aware of, or should I just help you make some of that food disappear?"
"Many new developments, one could say. Like it was five years ago though, I'm at a point of looking at all the puzzle-pieces I have before assembling them." In other words, she was definitively on to something about this place but she didn't have all the pieces yet.

"Seems this village was lucky to have so much food after a winter with little trade, considering the circumstances. Quite a blessing, yeah? More than enough to offer to visitors too." She smiled but still made no move to eat her own food.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:03 pm

“Han-Hei is fine.” She replied with a soft smile.

And then in answer to his comment, “I like it… It’s aspirational. Romantic. Makes people feel good.”

She turned to him with the same warm expression on her face, “It’s important to remember the good things in life that we all cherish so much… I wish you luck.”

She then nodded to the Wu as well and waited to see whether or not the Dragon was hoping to talk to Hikaru one-on-one.
Hikaru nodded acknowledgment. "Han-Hei, then."

His gaze lingered on Satsuki a few more moments before looking back to Han-Hei. Before, he would not have let his gaze linger so, but now they were courting; they could look at each other if they wanted! To Han-Hei, he frowned thoughtfully. "Thank you. And it is important. I had not thought of it as aspirational, though." He tilted his head, thoughtful look deepening. "I suppose in times like this, it is especially important that we have things to keep our spirits up."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:16 pm
Hikaru nodded acknowledgment. "Han-Hei, then."

His gaze lingered on Satsuki a few more moments before looking back to Han-Hei. Before, he would not have let his gaze linger so, but now they were courting; they could look at each other if they wanted! To Han-Hei, he frowned thoughtfully. "Thank you. And it is important. I had not thought of it as aspirational, though." He tilted his head, thoughtful look deepening. "I suppose in times like this, it is especially important that we have things to keep our spirits up."
“Who doesn’t aspire to love and be loved?” She asked with a warm look on her face even as other thoughts filled her memory.

“And if they don’t… Well, they probably should.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku had come to the hearth room, conserving all of his limbs, soul and life after the reconnaissance mission

He stood away from the center of the party, keeping to himself

(OOC: quote or pm if approach)
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Meanwhile Zhe was politely standing to the site until adressed. Nothing he wanted to discuss was private matters but he prefered to be careful since cranes could be very touchy about etiquette.

Since he was about to ask something out of the man, forcing the issue might just makes things go sour.