Ryoshun Nao

(D4, EE, Expecting) Tell Me a Story

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao and San arrived at the Headwoman's house and checked to see if she was in. She hoped to follow up on her request from the previous night.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Re: (D4, LM, Expecting) Tell Me a Story

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Her cousin was there with her too, hoping to be a positive influence… on… something.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri answers the door, smiling at the two young women. "Welcome! Please, come in out of the rain." She stepped aside, letting them in.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Thank you." Nao dipped her head and entered. "I appreciate your assistance. It's seems like ever day brings more questions."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

she nodded, giving a soft sigh. "So it seems. You wanted to know about the festival and the traditions associated, ne?" She heads over to the hearth, gesturing for the two to take seats if they wished.

Played by GM Canary

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She nodded, “To the utmost extent you can. I’m afraid that the… kinda unknown aspect of all of this is starting to wear on a number of those of us who just arrived. The more we know and can explain… the less likely it is for people to give in to their growing fears.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She nodded as she listened to Kumori. "I can see why that might be. It must be stressful, everyone coming up here and experiencing some of the unusual things that come with this time of year."

Played by GM Canary

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao sat down. "I'd also like to learn more about the history of the village. I've learned a few things, but I'm sure there's more. We really need clear answers. If you cannot provide them, then we need to know who can."

Accompanied By| San

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Well, where would you like me to start?" She asked.

Played by GM Canary

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She looked to her cousin and then back to Chouri.

“The rituals… what can we expect to see or experience after each of the ones we have left?”

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Well, tonight you may find yourselves with more control over your dreams," she began, "and tomorrow is the healing ritual, which brings people back to... baseline, I suppose you would say. Restores scars, lost limbs, acute but not chronic illnesses. That sort of thing. That night will likely come with an image of your ideal self, based on your own ideas of what that is. Then the next two days are closed ceremonies for residents or those planning to say."

Played by GM Canary

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"So it was training? To prepare us?" Nao asked. "Is that what this village is for? Was it founded after the last time?"

Accompanied By| San

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She nodded. "In essence, yes. You have to be in a... somewhat lucid-dreaming-like mindset for the healing," she explained. "It goes on your image of yourself."

Played by GM Canary

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Can you describe what this… entails? I don’t think many of us were expecting a… needle shadow to try and do something to us as we slept… This has caused concern to explode among our people.”

She looked to the headwoman in earnestness.

“I don’t know how many more surprises they can endure… Especially after the incident this morning… That shook both the camp and the villagers no doubt…”

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"A- A needle shadow?" she echoed. "I admit, that's a new one. Usually it's a representation of a personal fear, usually represented by a version of the effigy you made. Not always, though."

She nodded. "It did. What was that?"

Played by GM Canary

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I think this village is intentionally cut off from other realms." Nao theorized. "To protect those within from the influence of the darker ones. But, it remains connected to Yume Do. That helps shape it into what it is, what it needs to be. And, to cut us off from our dreams would be dangerous. Unfortunately, due to the corruption Yume Do has suffered, we are still vulnerable."

"We need to fortify ourselves further, Chouri-san. Is there anything you could suggest? Did the groups that lived here previously, over the centuries, leave any knowledge we could use?
At the least, can you tell us who the shrine is for? "

Accompanied By| San

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Hmm... A reasonable theory, I think. People do seem to be drawn here periodically," she mused. "I wonder if this area was intentionally set up at some time in the distant past. Potentially biting us now."

She sighed. "I'm using what knowledge I can with the festival for now." She blinked a couple of times. "There could be more buried around here."

Played by GM Canary

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“And the shrine? What is it for in the final rituals?” She asked in a soft voice that expressed concern.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"What I learned in the graveyard is that the village likely dates back to, at least, the end of the last cycle. That may refer to the last time ningendo faced a challenge like it does now." she explained. "If so, the village was meant to preserve or prepare something until this time. Over the centuries, people were drawn here and tested. Only those who were appropriate remained, which is why there are so few grave markers."

"We can't be certain, however, whether this was done to defend ningendo or undermine it." she added. "That's why we need as much information as possible."

Accompanied By| San

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"A..." She paused, trying to think how to put it. "It serves much the same purpose as any shrine - the enshrinement of a deity and the focus of prayer to it. The final ritual is literally the latter. Those who live here or plan to stay all head up there on the seventh day. We focus our minds and cleanse ourselves throughout the week for that purpose."

"That is the question."

Played by GM Canary