Hiruma Naraku

I just want to talk [Day 4, MA]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku had never understood why 'May you live in interesting times' was used as a curse by some of the older retainers of his father; he had always thought that boredom would lead to dullness and that was much worse than any sort of interesting times.

Until today that is, today he had fully grasped the intent of that expression, chiding his past self for not understanding the purpose. His self reflection was cut short when he arrived to Chouri's house and knocked on the door, awaiting for either Chouri or Wu Zhe to open the door.

"Times might be getting more interesting."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Zhe

Re: I just want to talk [Day 4, MA]

Post by Wu Zhe »

It was the dragon who would open the door first, cup of herbal tea in hand

''Ah! Good afternoon Hiruma-sama.'' he greeted with a pleasant smile and a bow ''You are here to speak to Lady Chouri about your findings, yes?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

If Naraku was surprised to see the man drinking tea, his face did not betray that.

"Good afternoon Wu-san," he smiled. "Amongst other things. The times are... interesting to say the least, so I believe speaking with Chouri-san would be appropriate."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He gave a nod

''Please come on in, I'll will go and fetch her.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku nods and walks inside, deciding for the Wu to bring Chouri.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

He doesn't have to wait long. The woman in question comes out and bows. "Good afternoon, Hiruma-sama. To what do I owe the pleasure?"
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

The Hiruma smiles as Chouri makes her way.

"How are you feeling Chouri-san? Is your headache better?" he comments as he greets her. "I just came to talk for a while, perhaps get to know you Chouri-san. I've been a guest fort he past three days and I believe yesterday was when we exchanged the first pleasantries."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Much, thank you for asking," she said, nodding. "Please, join me for tea. It's true... a terrible oversight on my part. What would you like to know, Hiruma-sama?"

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Do not worry Chouri-san," he waves her concern away and retrieves a small bag from his pouch. "Yesterday I tried to prepare some sweet dumplings. I hope this makes up for not visiting you before." He hands her a small bag with a few dumplings that, if Kai was any measure, were surprisingly tasty.

"I was just wondering about the person that is Chouri-san. I believe I heard you are not a native of this village?"

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She bowed to him and set out the dumplings on a plate. "Thank you, Hiruma-sama." She settled back, pouring some herbal tea. "That is true. I was originally from Southern Crane lands."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"The southern crane lands?" Naraku seemed impressed. "You must have seen the ocean, no? I tell you Chouri-san, the ocean is something one day I'd like to known. I've only heard tales from it from my father. An endless salt water lake with tones of gray and blue... it does seem quite beautiful."

He drums his index finger on his chin. "Yet it is fairly far away, the Crane lands that is. What made you leave and search for a home here?" he gestures an apology "Of course I do understand if you do not wish to share it."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri smiled nostalgically. "It's so beautiful. My village was a fishing village, so I spent many hours by the sea." She closes her eyes, as if imagining it. "You could tell what the weather would be by the scent of the air. Typhoons were dangerous, but also exciting. I was only six, so I didn't really understand the danger."

She opened her eyes. "It's fine. My parents left me behind when they left the Empire, so I had to to make ends meet at first. Then I took to it later."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

After a moment Wu would bring a platter of salted cheese to go along with the sweet dumplings and a new kettle of hot water.

''Anjing-sama traded some tea from the Crab lands with me not too long ago. Would you like some, Hiruma-sama?''

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri looked up and smiled warmly as Zhe came in.

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku was going to respond to Chouri when Wu Zhe appeared with a plate. "I think, if you forgive me, I will only drink tea for now. I have already had lunch and I believe my armor will not fit me if I continue to snack through out the day," he laughed.

He then turned to Chouri "Your parents left the Empire? And they did not take you?" he bites his lip "Sorry, I was just... surprised."

"Were you a merchant perhaps?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe returned the smile and served the tea

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Thank you, Wu-sama," she said warmly before returning to the conversation at hand.

"Yes. They couldn't afford to take someone who couldn't take care of themselves, especially a sickly one as I was," she said. "If someone needed to pick up in a hurry, there was a harsh winter and not enough food, things like that, sometimes people living a subsistence life would have to... well, do the math with regard to survival."

"Among other things, yes. Eventually I settled into an ascetic and contemplative life. Moving around, learning what I could, that sort of thing."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

His eyes shifted towards her hands for a few seconds before looking back at her.

"I can relate to that lifestyle. I did spend the past years in a mostly isolated life," he smiled at the woman. "But what drew you to this village? I must say that I do not know the lands between the clans too well but this village seems to be something else. Was it like this when you arrived?"

---
D4 MA | Inv/Perc | Voided vs TN 20 | 4k3 ⇒ 19 (TN: 20)

(OOC: Sakkaku :( )

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Well, it wasn't built up like this. The previous inhabitants' homes were here, but they were run down where they hadn't simply collapsed," she said, looking around. "As for what drew me, I was looking for information that could help me learn more about the crisis. It led me here in the end, though I think I was also drawn here, like many."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chouri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:58 pm
"As for what drew me, I was looking for information that could help me learn more about the crisis. It led me here in the end, though I think I was also drawn here, like many."
Her comment made his eyebrow arc in interest. "I can relate to that Chouri-san," he admits. "Unlike many of my fellow samurai, I did not come here due to the summons of the," he pauses slightly before clearing his throat. "Little Teacher... but rather because something drew me into this village."

"I wonder, did you find anything that could shed more information about the crisis?"