Canary

Purification of the Form [D5, EE, Event]

Post by Canary »

Many members of the village are gathered at the headwoman's house, in the garden. She has her legs folded and her hands folded in her lap. Her eyes are closed, and her breathing is steady in her meditation. The villagers around her are in seiza, some of them still, some of them rocking gently, others with their hands folded, all with their eyes closed.

Eventually, one of the villagers comes through the crowd. It's Shizuku, leaning on her crutch. Her foot is still wrapped in a bandage, though it looks fresh.

Chouri opens her eyes and gestures for her to sit down in front of her, putting her hand gently on one foot. "I heard some of what happened, shizuku-san. I'm glad you're still here with us."

Shizuku smiled. "A broken foot is a small price to pay for my life. I really owe it to the two who saved me."

The headwoman smiled warmly. "I understand. I owe more than one of them, as well." She chuckled a little, then turned her head, picking up a cloth and coughing into it before returning her attention to Shizuku. "Let me at least help finish what Enrou-san started."

The grumpy man wasn't present, and the villagers seemed to be looking for something that wasn't coming.

The villagers around look surprised, murmuring to each other, but the brunette woman seems to pay them no particular mind. Instead, she focuses solely on Shizuku. "Close your eyes and picture yourself whole in your mind; as complete and detailed a picture as you can. Focus you whole mind and heart on it. Let nothing else enter your mind. This dream is yours to shape and mine to give form."

They both close their eyes and Chouri holds her foot gently, murmuring something to herself. As she goes on, something shifts in the air around the two of them. Something... changes. It's hard to describe. It's not sudden, but it's not horrible either. It's like there's something in your eye for a moment, but the visual effect is only where her foot is. When it clears, Shizuku lets out a sigh of relief and unbandages her foot, standing carefully to test it and them puts her full weight on it with a sigh of relief.

She smiles. "Thank you, Chouri-sama. I'm glad to be able to have a hand in rebuilding our house myself."

Chouri smiles gently. "Be careful. Enrou has his hands full enough at the moment." She looked around the crowd. "If you need help, please don't hesitate to come forward."

[Players may use this thread to heal one Physical Disadvantage for no xp cost, as well as restoring Wounds. The interaction will be RPed, so please be patient, as I will get to you in order of posting.]
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Re: Purification of the Form [D5, EA, Event]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora was present... but not as a participant. His scars were part of who he was, at this point, and none of them impaired him.

No, he simply watched. Observed that the villagers were surprised by some change to the expected ritual. And stayed reasonably close to Chouri in case he had to make good on a promise.

Now, if they question her for not corrupting them, that would be a black joke to share with Makime. We might both laugh at that one.

The thought actually put a species of smile on his face.

He wondered who, if anyone, from the samurai contingent would participate, knowing what they knew.

[OOC: And since he's completely uninjured and his only Physical Disad is a Disturbing Countenance tied to a Spiritual Advantage and Disadvantage, there's not much point in his participating, even on a nuts and bolts level! But he's keeping her under observation.]
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Zhe

Re: Purification of the Form [D5, EA, Event]

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe was present as well, spear at rest, armor partially hidden under a cloak bearing the Wu mon and a straw hat hiding most of his face save his mouth.

Beads slowly flipping in his free hand, he faced partially outwards. His body language relaxed but clear: he was here to protect the assembly and Chouri during the ritual.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Otomo Akutou

Re: Purification of the Form [D5, EE, Event]

Post by Otomo Akutou »

No sense not bein' here after what all's happened, Akutou thinks. An' it might be that things need pacifyin' again.

So he is there, watching, despite his earlier injuries being healed and having no physical ailments to address.

Mental ones, oh, very yes, but psychiatry doesn't seem to be a thing.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

If asked, Kai will answer:

"No thanks. I don't think growing back fangs, claws or tail will do me any good.

Once, I thought it was a loss I could never overcome. Now, I see it as a change. I've ceased to chase the past, found a new balance in that new body. Going back to a half feline form wouldn't be restoring. It would be undoing."
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime was there, watching. Her expression was unreadable. The villagers hated her already, so she wasn't particularly concerned if she got glares from a few of them.

It was all rather perfunctory, and she would have been for more awed if the source of the healing wasn't already very suspect in her mind.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori was also present… Concern was on her features.

She had no need for healing… not of the physical kind.

The only healing she could hope for was in the bonds of the people here.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Seeing Makime arrive, Akutou touches the brim of his hat.

Seeing Kumori arrive later, he again touches it and dips his head.

Seems a lot o' the higher-ups're interested, he thinks. Makes sense, given what all we know.

He notes Wu Zhe.

That'n might present a prob'em, he thinks.

Another voice in his mind says You'll be a good meat shield.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Perhaps curiosity got the better of Shang but she was also here to witness what this supposed ritual was about. It seems that the festival had led up to this. She hoped that there wouldn't be too much food and drink offered in terms of hospitality here. After the most recent news, she found her appetite a bit withdrawn.

There was nothing that she needed to be healed, or at least nothing she would admit. Shang was more than content to stand on the sidelines and watch the event from the periphery.
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:57 pm
Shang was more than content to stand on the sidelines and watch the event from the periphery.
Akutou makes his way over to Shang, tipping his hat as he gets to her.

"Evenin', ma'am," he says. "Been doin' alright these past few days?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

(observing, not participating)

Satsuki didn't think this was a good idea, but she wanted the chance to observe what was going to happen to look for any signs of corruption. Many people were already compromised, and she wanted to know how deep this problem would go.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:00 pm
Akutou makes his way over to Shang, tipping his hat as he gets to her.

"Evenin', ma'am," he says. "Been doin' alright these past few days?"
"Hm? Oh, Otomo-san, good evening!" She would greet him with a bow. "I suppose all right would be the easier way to sum it up. I've managed to sleep, wake up to talk about it, and I haven't suffered a grave injury. So, all in all, I would consider that to be a blessing in itself nowadays. I'm faring well so far. And how about you? Are you are curious as I am about this whole ritual or custom?"
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:37 pm
"Hm? Oh, Otomo-san, good evening!" She would greet him with a bow. "I suppose all right would be the easier way to sum it up. I've managed to sleep, wake up to talk about it, I haven't suffered a grave injury, so I would consider that to be a blessing in itself nowadays. I'm faring well so far. And how about you? Are you are curious as I am about this whole ritual or custom?"
"Glad t' know you're okay," Akutou replies. "Had a rough night last night, but else, I've been more'r less okay.

"An' I'll confess to a powerful curiosity 'bout this here thing. Been a lot goin' int'restin'ly, an' I've heard tell o' miracles at work here. Be somethin' t' see one, y' know?"

He nods. "Be a better sight'n sev'ral I've seen."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara strode across the square, expression clouded. She gazed at the proceedings with a mixture of interest and concern.

Standing just a few steps from the healing circle, she struggled internally, debating if she took part in this... thing... she didn't understand. More than any other magic, this seemed alien to the nature of the realm.

The realm of mortals, at any rate.

Standing there, she wavered, torn between a desire to regain her strength to defend others, and the desire to accept her own mortality as it was - and to avoid tangling in powers she truly did not understand. Power never came for free, after all.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji was there, but much like the many others was not participating. The events happening seemed unnatural at best and unholy at worst after all

No he was here to keep an eye on Lady Makime, not that he thought any harm would come to her. But still best to be prepared.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:53 pm
Yukara strode across the square, expression clouded. She gazed at the proceedings with a mixture of interest and concern.

Standing just a few steps from the healing circle, she struggled internally, debating if she took part in this... thing... she didn't understand. More than any other magic, this seemed alien to the nature of the realm.

The realm of mortals, at any rate.

Standing there, she wavered, torn between a desire to regain her strength to defend others, and the desire to accept her own mortality as it was - and to avoid tangling in powers she truly did not understand. Power never came for free, after all.
Chouri met her eyes as she worked and smiled gently, but didn't make any gestures insisting she come over. The choice was up to Yukara.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:37 pm
The villagers around look surprised, murmuring to each other, but the brunette woman seems to pay them no particular mind. Instead, she focuses solely on Shizuku. "Close your eyes and picture yourself whole in your mind; as complete and detailed a picture as you can. Focus you whole mind and heart on it. Let nothing else enter your mind. This dream is yours to shape and mine to give form."

They both close their eyes and Chouri holds her foot gently, murmuring something to herself. As she goes on, something shifts in the air around the two of them. Something... changes. It's hard to describe. It's not sudden, but it's not horrible either. It's like there's something in your eye for a moment, but the visual effect is only where her foot is. When it clears, Shizuku lets out a sigh of relief and unbandages her foot, standing carefully to test it and them puts her full weight on it with a sigh of relief.

She smiles. "Thank you, Chouri-sama. I'm glad to be able to have a hand in rebuilding our house myself."
Yoshitsune Ayako's shoulders were tight with tension as she watched Chouri working on Shizuku's foot with obvious concern; Tai's warning to be suspicious of this ritual still rang in the young Crab's ears. She went to Shizuku immediately after the healing was completed.

"Did it work, Shizuku-san?" Ayako asked anxiously. "What was it like?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:13 pm
Yoshitsune Ayako's shoulders were tight with tension as she watched Chouri working on Shizuku's foot with obvious concern; Tai's warning to be suspicious of this ritual still rang in the young Crab's ears. She went to Shizuku immediately after the healing was completed.

"Did it work, Shizuku-san?" Ayako asked anxiously. "What was it like?"
Shizuku smiled and brought up her foot, tapping it gently. "Good as new! As for what it was like..." She looked up, considering. "It's hard to describe. The focusing part is like meditating, and the healing... It's like that feeling when people say 'I feel like myself again'."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:17 pm
Shizuku smiled and brought up her foot, tapping it gently. "Good as new! As for what it was like..." She looked up, considering. "It's hard to describe. The focusing part is like meditating, and the healing... It's like that feeling when people say 'I feel like myself again'."
"That... that doesn't sound so bad." A cautious smile crossed Ayako's face. "From how Enrou talked about it, I thought it would be harder."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

As none had warned her against it, and indeed she was ignorant of much of what had transpired, she had no reason to say no, save her own lingering doubts.

So she approached.

"I do not claim to understand this, Chouri-san, but if it can restore my claws, I will take part. I wish the strength to defend this realm, and the people in it. I am not too proud to accept aid in that task."

Taking a steadying breath, she inquired, "What must I do?"
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme