Jiyo Sora

Will the Caged Bird Sing? [Day 5, Late Afternoon,Ask]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora approached Chouri's house with his traveling pack on his back and a sort of bemused expression on his face.

He rapped his knuckles on the doorframe- no sense in being rude.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Dai Lu

Re: Will the Caged Bird Sing? [Day 5, Late Afternoon,Ask]

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri opened the door and breathed a soft sigh of relief. "Jiyo-sama, please, come in."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Chouri-san, I've told you, no 'sama' with me."

He walked in and had a look around.

"I gather from some information I have received and your breathless delight as having a visitor that Lady Makime has been here."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"My apologies," she said with a smile. "Hard habit to break."

"And yes, she did visit a few hours past."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Sounds like fun. Don't take it too personally, that woman can't forgive herself for being human, so you can imagine how she regards everyone else."

He set his pack down.

"Somehow raised a quite lovely daughter, probably by whatever alchemy lets my own children be so wonderful..."

He paused.

"So. I presume you were grilled about the shrine, and a few other details. I'm going to go out on a limb as assume she didn't tell you exactly why."

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She heads over to the hearth and starts tea. "She didn't, no."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Now, whatever choices you've made, you're not an idiot. So. Why do you think she asked?"

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She sat back as she waited for the kettle to heat. "Someone found my notes?"

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"And if someone had?"

He idly popped the knuckles on his left hand.

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

"Then I hope they have someone who can manipulate their dreams skillfully," she said with a shake of her head. "It needs to have an incredible amount of will behind it."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora frowned.

"Pretty sure their distrust makes getting your help easier for me than getting them to accept it. In fact, at least one of them would be having a fit if she knew I were even discussing this with you, even in such broad strokes. Would a Nezumi Shaman work? Do you know?"

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She nodded. "I think so. I'd like to speak with the shaman, though. Make sure all the kinks are worked out before someone tries to use it and... I don't know, accidentally traps themselves or something."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I can arrange that. She likes my Name."

He grinned.

"Might be at the meal I'll be hosting later if you can make it. If not, I can get her a note to see you first thing in the morning."

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She nodded. "I'll be there. I was planning on it anyway."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Can't promise any delicacies, but we've got some know-how on the cooking staff..."

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She shook her head. "Like I said the other day, just being willing counts for a lot."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"When this is all over, I hope we can persuade your people to opt in... and if they opt out, I hope we can send 'em along with some good memories at least."

He paused.

"So I gotta ask. The original plan. At what point did your people start to weigh more than your patron?"

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She chuckled ruefully. "Early on. My early experiences convinced me that people were cruel and uncaring. The people who came here didn't judge me for my initial wariness. They'd all had similar experiences in one way or another. Having someone who gets it makes a difference. I found myself really wanting to help them"

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

He chuckled.

"Something we have in common. Before the Kami, in the old days... this eye of mine has its uses, but making me welcome or popular among my own tribe wasn't anywhere on the list. I was barely able to endure being around more than about two or three people at once. Now? Now I find myself worried about everybody. All of the time."

Carries:

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

She smiled a little. "Stressful, isn't it?"

Played by GM Canary