Enrou

Re: Looking for healing (D2 ME)

Post by Enrou »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:43 pm
"I will assist." she nodded. ""I can attempt some magic healing, but let's make sure there aren't any complications."
"There's no heartbeat in the arm until here," he said bluntly, pointing to the indicated spot. "The magic will help make a clean heal once I get the dead flesh off her."

He picked up the knife. "Please be ready with the cloth, Yoshitsune-san."
Heimin | Healer | Herbalist | Tired | Smoker

Played by GM Bakuriel

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She nodded silently and watched.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Enrou wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:52 pm
He picked up the knife. "Please be ready with the cloth, Yoshitsune-san."
Having lit the brazier and heated the implements, Ayako nodded grimly and held up a fresh cloth. "I'm ready, Enrou-san."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

Enrou began the operation, carefully cutting the flesh of the shoulder. The internal muscles of the shoulder, something that should never seen the light of day, are revealed. Arteries slowly leaking blood in the rhythm of Yukara's heart are coldly exposed, the damaged parts removed, and then sealed closed with the hot instruments. The same happens to nerve bundles.

Muscles are taken, rearranged, and then sealed back together, hiding the blood vessels and nerves away. Skin is finally held together.

Enrou's face never changes from an expression of clear, cold purpose the entire time.

Finally, he looks to Nao. "If you would."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Yoshitsune Ayako

Ayako dabbed blood away with the washcloths with a serious expression on her face, careful to avoid getting in Enrou's way as she did so. Her hands were steady now, the trembling entirely gone as she focused on the task at hand. As the washcloths became stained dark with blood, the young Crab swapped them out for fresh ones.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She nodded and stepped forward. Drawing a small amount of her blood with her knife, she whispered and watched it become clear. She then reached out and touched Yukara, letting the healing power flow into her.

- - -
Looking for healing (D2 ME), Casting PTh to Inner Peace, Water PL 1, Deficiency, 1 Wound | 5k3 ⇒ 21 (TN: 10)
11 Wounds healed
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

The wound seals around her empty shoulder socket, sealing the wound. Enrou nods. "Won't have to worry about infection, then."

Then he moved back over to Shizuku. "I need to finish with her foot, unless you feel like pulling out some prayers for a farm girl."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

That prompted Yukara to start to stir, eyes fluttering, unfocused, and her lips parting as she drew breath.(moved to Down, from Out)

What was... going... on? Why was her entire body... on fire?

Perhaps it would be best if she were medically returned to oblivion for a time.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

He didn't miss her waking - healing, if nothing else, was serious business. Still, he only looked up briefly from settling the delicate bones of the foot. "Yoshistune-san, could you please pour this young lady one of the small cups of the same concoction I gave Shizuku-san?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Yoshitsune Ayako

Enrou wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:42 am
He didn't miss her waking - healing, if nothing else, was serious business. Still, he only looked up briefly from settling the delicate bones of the foot. "Yoshistune-san, could you please pour this young lady one of the small cups of the same concoction I gave Shizuku-san?"
As Enrou attended to Shizuku's foot, an expression of concern momentarily crossed Ayako's face, but she nodded agreement to the healer's request. "Of course."

Fetching a cup, Ayako poured more of the healer's strange elixir, then carried it over to Yukara. "Drink this, samurai," the Crab said gently, raising the cup to the wounded Bat's lips. "It should help."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara didn't seem to realize, or to hear, the request. But the liquid passed through her lips and she reflexively swallowed, coughing.

The pain seemed to push her back into darkness, and perhaps the medicine would keep her there for the night.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"My prayers will heal anyone who needs it." Nao said.

Accompanied By| San

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:06 am
"My prayers will heal anyone who needs it." Nao said.
Enrou nodded and finished setting her foot. "If you are willing, please. As much skill as I have," he gave a bitter smirk and headed over to take out a pipe, stuffing something into it. "- the power of the kami will always supersede my abilities." He almost sounded like he was quoting.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

She repeated the same brief ritual, asking the water spirits to do what they could.

- - -
Looking for healing (D2 ME), Casting PTh to Inner Peace, Water PL 1, Deficiency, 1 Wound | 5k3 ⇒ 18 (TN: 10)
8 wounds healed.

Accompanied By| San

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

He checks over Shizuku's foot carefully after Nao was finished, then nodded. "She'll be able to walk tomorrow. Tonight she should rest."

"Thank you, ah... Sorry, we haven't been introduced," he said. "Enrou. Village healer... obviously."

He looked to Ayako. "Thank you, as well, Yoshitsune-san. You've got a steady hand and steady nerves. Don't think I've seen someone handle watching their first surgery that well in a while."

He gestured toward the hearth room. "Come on. You want to talk, we should do it there rather than disturbing the patients." With that, he headed toward the indicated room.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Yoshitsune Ayako

Ayako nodded. She took one more glance at Shizuku and Yukara, then followed Enrou to the other room.

"I'm afraid a lot of people were hurt tonight. Your knowledge and skill were invaluable, Enrou-san," she said. "Thank you very much!"

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

He gives a small smirk as she thanks him, lighting his pipe but not taking a drag yet. "You're welcome. You're a good kid, Yoshitsune-san."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Yoshitsune Ayako

Ayako fairly beamed at the praise, but said only, "I'm trying my best. I was so worried... Shizuku and the other samurai were so badly hurt. I'm glad you were able to save them."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"All of you did well tonight." Nao said. "Protecting the village and tending to the wounded."

Accompanied By| San

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"I did my job," he said with a shrug. Taking a pull from his pipe, he went over and glanced outside. "Fuck, it's late. Have you two even eaten yet? Who are you, anyway?"

He looked to Nao at that.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:54 am
snip
Medicine (Wound Treatment)/Intelligence, Void | 10k5+5 ⇒ 54 (TN: 40)
Wounds treated (Mastery, 5 raises) | 6k1 ⇒ 16
Yukara heals 16 wounds!

Played by GM Bakuriel