Enrou

Re: D4 EA A Mother's Worry

Post by Enrou »

"Was sedated would be the more adequate term. I was about to administer some more, but there's a chance he might be lucid before his next dosing. Uncanny timing you've got there." Enrou jerked his head towards the side rooms as he made for the doorway. "Hell of a series of injuries that guy ended up with, he's lucky to still be walking right now."
Heimin | Healer | Herbalist | Tired | Smoker

Played by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I've learned in a long life of killing and trying keep others from killing that humans are amazing. Some die to ridiculous little injuries, some survive things that would kill a bear."

He paused.

"What's his name?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Isamu. And I've learned some similar things in my life of preventing death. Enough, in this case, to know that the man's youth is about the only thing that kept him from an early grave today." Enrou stopped as he reached the bedside, then turned to start preparing the next draught for the guard. "You'll have a bit of time to talk to him while I'm getting this ready. With any luck he'll be lucid enough to say what you need to hear, but don't tax him too much. The pain he's in is immense."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I'll not ask much of him. He's already given plenty."

Sora leaned to the guard.

"Isamu-san. The man who did this to you... did you see the color of his eyes?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

The young man looked up at Sora groggy and dull from pain medication but still his voice was strained "his, his eyes? I am not sure what I saw was a man. It moved too fast."
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora nodded, as if the lack of information was no great concern.

"Thank you, Isamu-san. You rest easy. You took a hit that would have snapped plenty of men in half. Enrou's going to do what he can, all right?"

Carries:

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"And unfortunately what he can do is going to taste like last year's rice harvest after calling Inari a layabout twat." Enrou brought a cup over to Isamu and held it to his lips. "Try not to leave any in the cup, you need as much as you can tolerate."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

The young man drank the whole thing without complaint. Whether that was through Valor or exhaustion was anyone's guess. He soon drifted away back to unconsciousness.
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Well, so much for that idea. I'm going to try and see if we can get some of our shugenja to swing by, free up some bed space."

He said, still unaware of the Nezumi Shaman looking in.

"Either way, tell him, when he wakes, that if he can't read and would like to, I'd be willing to teach him. The one who asked me here did this- he should have something by way of compensation."

Carries:

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Mmm, all right then? I'll relay the message, though I don't know exactly what he'd considered adequate compensation. Either way, you can ask him when he's recovered." Enrou made sure to adjust Isamu's bedding a little, so that the man wasn't lying too long in an uncomfortable position, then started to leave the room. "What were you hoping to find, if I may ask?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Five years ago, a demon wearing human flesh had one tell. One that I missed until far too late. Green eyes which had once been blue."

Carries:

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Hmm." Enrou pursed his lips and gave a short nod of surprise. "Well, that's rather courteous of the demon, isn't it? I'm sorry Isamu wasn't of more help, but I can't say I'm surprised he didn't see much."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora waved that away.

"It was a longshot. I'm just glad he's alive."

Carries:

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Yeah, given what he went through alive is a pretty optimistic description of his health." Enrou shook his head. "So you have some kind of idea what did this to him then?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

(OOC, of the PCs+NPCs whose wounds are most grievous? Chuchubaby is gonna beeline for 'em.)
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Enrou wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:20 am
"Yeah, given what he went through alive is a pretty optimistic description of his health." Enrou shook his head. "So you have some kind of idea what did this to him then?"
"I do. A great man grappling with an entire Spirit Realm."

Carries:

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

Enrou took a long draw on his pipe, mulling that over. "So, if you were a betting man..."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I would have lost a large wager on Isamu-san still being able to draw breath."

Carries:

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Huh." Enrou puffed out some smoke thoughtfully. "You make it sound almost like this man should have killed Isamu outright, but somehow didn't."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Had his will been focused on it, he would have. There's a good man in there, fighting what's happening."

Sora glanced over and spotted the Nezumi.

"Chuchu?"

Carries: