Bayushi Norikage

Re: Patients, Please!!!! D5, LE

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

"You know, fighting something strong enough to pulp one's head sounds exactly like how a man associated with the Order of Heroes should leave ningen-do", Norikage observed. "It must have been stressful for everyone else there, certainly, but I imagine the monk was living his best life."
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"It certainly was fitting to the man." Reo finishes the concoction and treats the first two patients, seeing their bodies slump. "I should take some of this myself if it allays the concerns of some of the people from earlier."
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Bayushi Norikage

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:11 pm
"It certainly was fitting to the man." Reo finishes the concoction and treats the first two patients, seeing their bodies slump. "I should take some of this myself if it allays the concerns of some of the people from earlier."
"Some people are indeed a bit concerned", he answered. "Not that I place blame for that, but their barely contained murderous rage is a bit concerning to me."

He worked the shoulder of his armor and lifted his sleeve, exposing a cut on his arm. "Almost as concerning as this little nick. Think Enrou's going to mind if you do his job while he snoozes?"

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Hardly. He might give me some grief about raiding his supplies, but considering that his patients are alive because of you, I think he will cover it."

It isn't much, but some bandaging and a good night sleep will likely help the Scorpion.

"To be fair, I don't have an overabundance of trust in Chouri. But the last time we marshalled to face Jigoku we kicked it in the face...and so it got smarter, and sneakier. I will not blind myself to the clues of its next approach by burning everything immediately."

Patients Please- Heal Norikage - Medicine/Intelligence with one raise - fatigue penalty | 8k5-5 ⇒ 39 (TN: 20)
Patients Please- Heal Norikage - Medicine/Intelligence healing with one raise | 2k1 ⇒ 3
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Bayushi Norikage

"I have some experience myself", he said as the healer did his work. "It's definitely sneaky, and can reach almost anyone. As far as Chouri-san, it isn't her that I don't trust, it's what.she put her trust in. If she sees it for what it is, I'm confident she would turn away. If I'm right, then it makes her an ally, not an enemy "

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori heard the conversation and spoke up.

“I know it’s probably hard to believe for anyone who wasn’t there… But my cousin and I traveled to Yume-do and confronted the Harbinger over Chouri… She fought against the Harbinger to free herself from its control… She still bears its mark, no doubt, from the years she lived under its influence.”

She paused, “But she has just as much motivation to fight against the evil than we do… And I hope that her heart will last through the trials of the next few days.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Bayushi Norikage

"Oh...so...", he blinked at her, then looked at Reo. "I guess I was right...?"

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"The thing is, I understand Makime and Matsu." Reo finishes tugging a bandage. "Makime is a general, and a simple solution to eliminate all obstacles undoubtably has an appeal. Matsu....Matsu was with us when we went into the Shadowlands and saw the horrors firsthand. Her father" Reo pauses. "The first to accompany the Kami have barely aged in decades. We don't know our lifespans. Matsu's father gave that up to rescue Hisomu, and Hisomu's charge to us has been to root out any sign of the realm that tortured him. So I get why they react as strongly as they do."

"Doesn't mean I think there's no better way."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori nodded her head in agreement.

“I understand them too. We are who we are. And we all have a role to play in this… each with our own skills and perspectives to bring to bear.”

She paused for a moment.

“And I trust that in the end… when everything is on the line… Those experiences will be necessary for each one of us. We just need to avoid doubt and paranoia… That’s the game the enemy has been playing this whole time… Ever since it threw down the gauntlet five years ago. But, if we choose to use what we have to protect the people of this world… both high and low… then we will have the strength to defeat hell and all its preparations.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Bayushi Norikage

He nodded in thanks to Reo.

"Not much of a mortal real without mortals in it", he said by way of agreement. "Though we'll always mistrust, always do stupid things, and sometimes we won't even admit our faults...I know I'm terrible at it." He scratched his mask thoughtfully. "If they're good people though, they'll come through properly. If they falter because the enemy gains the upper hand, then they'll have their comrades to rely on, even if it's someone like me."

He stood up and lowered his sleeve again. "Well, seems the work here is mostly done aside watching over them. Some of us should rest."