Enrou

Re: I require your assistance [Day 1, EM, Open]

Post by Enrou »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:17 pm
"That's the goal. It won't make sense if you need to constantly feed it through the night to keep it stable." Reo thinks. "But I didn't come out here to bulldoze you with new ideas. I am here to learn Enrou-san. Please, show us how you work. Don't feel bad about putting me to work."
"All right, all right. It'd be easier to demonstrate," he sighed. "You got a particular medicine you want to learn, or something you need to fix? In the body, I mean."
Heimin | Healer | Herbalist | Tired | Smoker

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Enrou wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:19 pm
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:17 pm
"That's the goal. It won't make sense if you need to constantly feed it through the night to keep it stable." Reo thinks. "But I didn't come out here to bulldoze you with new ideas. I am here to learn Enrou-san. Please, show us how you work. Don't feel bad about putting me to work."
"All right, all right. It'd be easier to demonstrate," he sighed. "You got a particular medicine you want to learn, or something you need to fix? In the body, I mean."
Reo pauses in thought. "There are a few things. I believe one would be something that would be a binding agent, something that would help the body" he casts a quick look back over at Narkau "or the bloodstream, absorb somthing ground in it.:

"Also, sleep aids, or something that helps a patient deal with trauma through lucid dreaming."
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Satsuki nodded along with the others. "Hisomu-san and Hiruma-san seem more knowledgeable on the matter than I, as is Nao-chan I bet, so I'll take their lead in which lesson to learn today."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"The absorption thing depends on what you want them to absorb. Some things work better worked into food with some fat. Some things work better with anything but that," he explained. "A general one that works on a variety of things is ginger. The one I prefer is haldi, but you have to go through the Nezumi to get that, and they're not exactly handy to us. I have to save it for important situations."

"As far as sleep aids, depends on how strong you want it. Lavender has a mild and gentle effect. Blue lotus helps with that to a middling degree, and also can help with lucid dreaming. I have something that really helps, but uh... don't plan to be doing anything for the next four hours if you cook it into something. And there's poppy wax, of course."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Valerian can also be a mild anesthetic, specially if dried and mixed with water or another liquid agent," Naraku commented idly. "Though really depends on what type of sleep one wants to have... or force someone to have."

"I have a few binding agents I enjoy using. I can guarantee they make my concoctions... more lingering."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Hmmm. What did you have in mind?"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Nothing too big. I can make a few sleeping potions but... I don't know if a restful sleep would be the outcome from imbibing them."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Togashi Satsuki

The Dragon for her part had gotten out some charcoal and parchment, and was busy taking notes in short-hand about all that was being said.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao was listening closely, as well. It reminded her of discussions Agasha had with her students.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:44 pm
"Valerian can also be a mild anesthetic, specially if dried and mixed with water or another liquid agent," Naraku commented idly. "Though really depends on what type of sleep one wants to have... or force someone to have."

"I have a few binding agents I enjoy using. I can guarantee they make my concoctions... more lingering."
Enrou nodded. "Valerian does also help. Of course, most sleep aids should be used with caution, lest someone go to sleep for good."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I would leave the crafting of the medicine to you Enrou," he commented. "I fear my own skill in the medical arts is that of an initiate at best."

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:48 am
"I would leave the crafting of the medicine to you Enrou," he commented. "I fear my own skill in the medical arts is that of an initiate at best."
He waved the idea off. "All the more reason not just to leave it to me. You don't learn without doing."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

"Nothing is learned by not doing," she said with a thoughtful nod. "I had originally intended to come here to trade for medicine, but if possible I could make some myself with your teaching? I will of course do my best to give you something for your time and materials." Resources were limited and all, so it wouldn't be fair to just assume she could have his teachings and materials for free.
Theme | Profile

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:38 pm
"Nothing is learned by not doing," she said with a thoughtful nod. "I had originally intended to come here to trade for medicine, but if possible I could make some myself with your teaching? I will of course do my best to give you something for your time and materials." Resources were limited and all, so it wouldn't be fair to just assume she could have his teachings and materials for free.
He folded his arms into his kimono and nodded. "Sure. Just... show up a little later for it."

Played by GM Bakuriel