Makime

Knock Knock Redux (D3 MM)

Post by Makime »

With the meeting over, Makime made her way to the healer's home. Again she was armored and armed. And as with the head woman's home, the Lioness stood next to the door and lightly knocked.

She glanced back at her fellow Lion, "Akodo-san. Try not to terrify the poor man." Was that a hint of mirth in her voice?
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Akodo Kenji

Re: Knock Knock Redux (D3 MM)

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"I'll do my best Lady Makime." Kenji replied from beside the older woman. He was armed and armored as well, and such just might prove an intimidating sight to the doctor. But sadly, there was little he could do if that was the case.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Makime

Post by Makime »

While they waited, Makime rubbed her knuckles, "So you mentioned you spoke to Sora last night? Who is this liaison he is talking about? The only Dragons I am familiar with here is Togashi Satsuki."

She reaches up a pinches the bridge of her nose as if to staunch a headache. "Though I have seen the shirtless swordsman wandering around. I hope someone found him clothes this morning."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Approaching from down the street came a Scorpion, wearing one of those silly masks some people have seen a few of them wearing. He was in his red kimono, he carried his blades, but he wasn't armored like the Lion. He carried some flowers with him wrapped in paper. Scraping his sandals along, he approached the house and bowed to the two other samurai, offering them a morning greeting.

He didn't seem fussed about them being there decked out for war, he curiosity was certainly in his dark brown eyes.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

A few moments later, Enrou poked his head out from the doorway of his house, taking in the sight of those gathered out front to see him. There was a keen, almost annoyed focus to his eyes as he looked each one of them over, sizing them up and scrutinizing every little detail he could from simple observation. When he was satisfied, he opened the door and inclined his head towards his visitors.

"Well, you're not bleeding, so that's a start. To what do I owe the pleasure?"
Heimin | Healer | Herbalist | Tired | Smoker

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime eyed the Scorpion briefly but the door opening killed anything she was planning to say.

"You are Enrou. The village healer." It wasn't a question. "I am Makime, Servant of Akodo, who is Lord of the Lion. And this is Akodo Kenji. I have some questions for you."

Bayushi Norikage

The Scorpion bowed to all present. "I am Bayushi Norikage, servant of the lord of the Scorpion clan. I also have some questions, but the honorable servants of Akodo have the initiative."

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

Enrou pursed his lips, taking a quick puff of his pipe before opening the door and stepping inside, inviting everyone in. "For some reason I feel like I should be requesting some form of written documentation right about now, but come on in. I'll try to answer what I can as best as I am able."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Makime wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:23 pm
While they waited, Makime rubbed her knuckles, "So you mentioned you spoke to Sora last night? Who is this liaison he is talking about? The only Dragons I am familiar with here is Togashi Satsuki."

She reaches up a pinches the bridge of her nose as if to staunch a headache. "Though I have seen the shirtless swordsman wandering around. I hope someone found him clothes this morning."
"Wu Zhe, I haven't met himself, but seems like he's 'shacked up' with the village head. People were talking about it all over town yesterday." Kenji replied, falling silent a few moments later as the door opened and the Medicine man appeared.

He didn't speak though instead just nodding his head in greeting.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Makime

Post by Makime »

Enrou wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:09 pm
Enrou pursed his lips, taking a quick puff of his pipe before opening the door and stepping inside, inviting everyone in. "For some reason I feel like I should be requesting some form of written documentation right about now, but come on in. I'll try to answer what I can as best as I am able."
Makime gave him a small frown in response and stepped inside. "I will keep this brief I have two things on my mind. First can you be ready to store medical supplies at the head woman's home. I intend to speak with her on using it as a gathering point in an emergency. Having what supplies you can there means you can treat any wounded quickly if the need arises." That was the easy question.

"Secondly I want to know why a bunch of people were drugged the night of the festival."

Bayushi Norikage

That was indeed going to be one of Norikage's questions, and he was glad to not have to ask it. He leaned against the wall near the entrance while they spoke.

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

Enrou puffed pointedly on his pipe, pursing his lips a moment before proceeding with his response.

"As to the first, I can make sure we have enough supplies available there in case of an emergency, but what you suggest is already a contingency for the village, so at most I'd be maintaining plans already underway. I will, however, take it under advisement. Now, as to the second..."

He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath as his fingers drummed against the side of his pipe. "It's a fucking festival, you're going to have to be a lot more specific than that. Are you talking about people drugged against their will, completely within their will, heavily drugged, mildly drugged? Are you sure you caught all the drugs? And what kind of substance are you referring to as a drug? That's a pretty vague term in my line of work, I do hope you realize."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime

Post by Makime »

"That night during the festivities some fireworks were set off. At precisely that moment I and several others smelled an odd earthy smell. At which point several members of the crowd began behaving oddly." Makime's voice was level as she spoke. "Something was released into air. Something that effected multiple people. Such things fall into your line of work as you put it."

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Mm, well I'm inclined to at least partially agree with you on that point, though most of the responsibility falls to those who crafted the fireworks. However that is beside the point, allow me to express this from my perspective."

Enrou turned and began to rummage through his supplies, pulling out a series of three jars, inside which were various powdered concoctions, all bearing a similar slate-gray appearance to them. For ease of sight, he poured a little bit into three individual bowls and placed them before Makime, Kenji, and Norikage.

"In front of you are three separate powders. All three of these have medicinal uses based on how they are applied, be it eaten, mixed into a salve or a tea, or inhaled. If you were to set fire to all of them, one would put you to sleep, one would burn a vibrant blue color, and one would void everything you've eaten since last summer. Now," he waved his hand at the bowls. "Which one is which?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Bayushi Norikage

Norikage snorted slightly. Wondering why the village healer was being such a git.

Makime

Post by Makime »

"Are you saying that it was an accidental mixup?" Makime asked, her tone flat. "That some one made a simple mistake when they mixed the solution for the fireworks?"

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"I'm saying it's a distinct possibility, and a much more presentable one than barging into the healer's house with a series of accusations about my line of work." Enrou sighed, though it quickly devolved into a frustrated groan. "For fuck's sake, I literally had to chop someone's arm off last night and nearly had to do the same for someone else's foot, and you people have been here for two days. If I may ask, how serious was this supposed drugging?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Bayushi Norikage

"If I may?" the Scorpion asked, barging in further. "None of the substances you mentioned produce the effect that was felt that night, Enrou-san. So what smells earthy and pungent, but also makes people loosen up, possibly go wild? Sounds like a for-fun puff to me, but since you don't seem to know much about it, maybe that description can aid in us all helping each other, hmm?"

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime turned to glare at Scorpion but instead nodded in approval. "Indeed."

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji didn't particularly enjoy evasiveness, especially when it was sprinkled with accusations that the attack yesterday was their fault.

Still he did his best not to loom, having stationed himself near the door while the other two did the asking of questions.