Togashi Satsuki

Delivery For You [D4, MM]

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Carrying the unconscious guard on her back, Satsuki was glad to finally have made it to the healer's building. "Uh, hello?" she announced outside loudly, unable to knock with her hands rather occupied with holding the wounded man as steady as possible.

"Got someone here who needs immediate help!"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Enrou

Re: Delivery For You [D4, MM]

Post by Enrou »

Enrou, who was at this point still considering himself to be quite busy, trundled his way out of his house in response to the loud summons. He took one look at the guard, sighed, rolled his eyes a little, then moved to help Satsuki carry the man inside. "For fuck's sake...come on then, let's toss him on the pile."
Heimin | Healer | Herbalist | Tired | Smoker

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

"Toss him on the pile...? Man, this guy was thrown into a tree!" she frowned at how nonchalant he seemed at the deal, yet she still helped to carry him inside. "He's lucky to be alive. You seem awfully calm about this."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Would you rather the man who's going to be," Enrou glanced at the guard, "resetting that shoulder, dressing those wounds, and applying a judicious amount of anesthetics be a gibbering pile of chaotic energy?" Fortunately there was an open bed for the man to laid down upon, but it was clear that the healer was not generally equipped for such a rapid influx of patients.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

"Some concern would seem more normal..." her words trailed off as she was realising that this wasn't the first patient of the day.

"Shit, what's happened to everyone else here? Is this a regular day for you?" Mostly Satsuki was confused now. Was this how life was in a normal village? Wait, no this wasn't a normal village.
Theme | Profile

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Oh, no, this is far from normal. I'd say it's only been about..." Enrou paused, pointedly. "Four days. That's about how long this increased workload has been going. So far." Despite the detached tone of voice, the healer did seem to be moving rather quickly and efficiently in concocting the necessary medicines to apply to the guard. "Mind listening to him breathe for a second or two while I do this?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

"Sure. I can do that." She helped make the guard comfortable at least, and leaned in to get a listen.

Now that she'd been able to digest the situation more, she calmed down. "What's been happening to bring in so many patients? I know of the wolf-attack..."
Theme | Profile

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Well, the wolves were responsible for a bit of it, there was a horse, apparently, and now..." Enrou shook his head. "Some crazed old man who can apparently throw a person halfway through a building as an afterthought."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

"A horse?" she blinked in surprise, but made sure to keep her focus on the man's breath. The only horses she'd seen had been the Ki-rin's...

"I didn't think any of the Ki-rin's steeds would do something like that. They seemed so disciplined. Or does this village have its own horses?"
Theme | Profile

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"I haven't found myself able to focus much outside my little patch of tengoku over here lately, I'm just repeating what I've heard so far." Enrou glanced over at Satsuki momentarily. "Hearing anything unusual?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

She listened still. "His breath is still weak. I think his inner air is weakened from the body's shock, but I don't think it's watery. So hopefully no blood blocking his breathing."

-------

D4 MM untrained Medicine/Intelligence to monitor the patient | 4k4 ⇒ 16
Theme | Profile

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel »

There is a very faint gurgle, far from obvious, but most certainly there.
AGM | Birb | Chonky | Floooooofy | Sub-Contractor of Horror | Experienced?

I charge by the anxiety attack.

Togashi Satsuki

"No wait... I hear a slight gurgle," she corrected herself.
Theme | Profile

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Oh, wonderful, punctured lung. Well, that makes this next part easy." Enrou popped open a jar of something....unlikely to be approved of by any kami, based on the smell alone, and mixed some of it into the cup he brought towards the fallen guard. "Small mercy he won't be awake for this part, make sure he drinks all of it, though. That sound is probably the worst news out of everything that happened to him."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

"Mm," she nodded in affirmation, and helped with providing the foul-smelling liquid to the patient. Satsuki had no idea what the brew could be, but she knew from Nadare's lessons that a lot of medicine smelled bad and often tasted bitter.

"He'll live, right?"
Theme | Profile

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Oh I can all but guarantee that he'll live. Might be a few complications if he's unlucky, but otherwise he should be able to survive. Lucky for him he's young, so if there are unforeseen complications, it's not likely to ruin his life."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

"You sound very certain," she remarked with some surprise. Maybe he was just very confident in his abilities, or knew it wasn't that bad? "What sort of complications might he expect? Short of breath, or laboured breathing...?"
Theme | Profile

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"More like occasional obstructions in the lung, increased difficulty breathing in areas with large amounts of dust or other such materials.... All depends on how quickly he recovers from the damages done. But normally, in cases like this, the sound you mentioned is significantly louder and more obvious, at which point the damage is almost irreversible. Seems to me like he only barely ended up with a puncture."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Satsuki

"That's good, I guess. It could've been much worse." She eased the man back down after he had finished swallowing all the liquid.

"Anything else I can help with before I run off to make sure you don't get more patients today?"
Theme | Profile

Enrou

Post by Enrou »

"Well, about that..." Enrou looked over at Isamu, then back out through the door to his house. "I'm pretty sure Isamu won't have been the only person that got hit by whatever it was that ran him down. I'll probably need a hand in here later, but what I could use most right now is eyes out there tallying up all the damages."

Played by GM Bakuriel