Bayushi Norikage

[D4, EM] Trying Everything Pt 1

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Norikage was at this wits end. Yes, nightmares are all over the empire, but at the very least he had never experienced them as badly until now. He could barely think, every moment seemed to stretch on and on, aimlessly.

Even as he sat in front of the table in the hearth room that morning, methodically making tea, performing a literal ritual to set his mind in order...it just wasn't working.

All he could see was horror. Every little shadow, every scent, everything in ningen-do now seemed to be a trap. If he paid it mind, he would find he was still dreaming as it all twisted into a new nightmare.

He poured the tea, he performed the ceremony, but he was too tired, too frustrated, to scared. He never found his center. He needed to try something else.

1 man tea: 13
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Wu Zhe

Re: [D4, EM] Trying Everything Pt 1

Post by Wu Zhe »

There was a pattern that was beginning to be repeated, though only one with a keen ear could notice it and what was it's source.

It was thus: a knock on wood far away, a door opening, words exchanged, a door closing. The pattern repeated itself, ever closer, with the only variance being the length of time it took to exchange words.

Then there was a knock on the door of the scorpion's house.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Bayushi Norikage

It was too early for visitors, so that meant it must be something horrible that's befallen the locals.

Or maybe the village exploded and he didn't notice due to how tired he was.

Then how did you notice the knock on the door? he wondered as he got up. He knew the others were out, which is why he tried to perform the tea ceremony in the first place.

A few moments later, a very tired looking man wearing a mask came to meet the Dragon samurai. "Yes, Wu-san?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Oh, Bayushi-san'' the dragon seemed surprised to find him here ''I hope I did not interrupt your sleep?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Bayushi Norikage

"The only thing you'd be interrupting is another nightmare, so I would be thanking you", the Scorpion replied, tiredly, grouchy, but he bowed his head in greeting. "If you were looking for Daisuke or Yoshie, they seem to be out already. Can I help you with anything?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

The dragon bowed his head in return

''I am sorry to hear about your nightmares, Bayushi-san. As for my visit...'' he opened a waterproofed container and pulled several sheets of colored paper, handing them to the scorpion

''This is the paper for the folded cranes. I am passing door to door to distribute them so that each family can do so together without risking the rain''

Bayushi Norikage

"The...cranes...is someone sick?" He yawned. "Oh...no, this is well-wishing for Lady Doji, isn't it?" He took the papers. "You want some tea?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

The dragon still had a lot of houses to visit...but he already visited many...and the rain...the raaain

''Only if I do not put a burden on you, Bayushi-sam''

Bayushi Norikage

"Hardly, come on. I just made some", he said and waved him in.

Sure enough, at the hearth room table, was some matcha tea already made. Still hot. Norikage sat down after offering the Dragon a seat. "So tell me a bit more about what it is you're doing."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

The dragon began by removing his shoes, coat and hat to let them dry, at least become less wet, in the entrance.

''Thank-you, Bayushi-san. I will not hide that something hot is quite welcome with this weather.'' he gratefully took the seat offered ''Togashi Satsuki-san proposed the idea of folding paper cranes for lady Doji yesterday during the banquet, as you know. She said that it was a practice from some place she had visited before...Though I do not know any details.''

He took a breather

''But the act in itself is important, regardless of any spiritual impact.''

Bayushi Norikage

"Well, wouldn't...", he was tired, true, but.. "Wouldn't any unseen effects be considered spiritual? I mean, people doing nice things for each other is an improvement on kharma of the devotee and the recipient, yeah?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Perhaps but I am not an expert on these things...'' he replied as he took a cup ''...but I have experience with people like these. In troubled times people need things to hang on to and uplift their spirits...may they be a good or humorous story, faith in a higher power, a momento or just time spend with family folding cranes''

Bayushi Norikage

Isn't he a Dragon? Doesn't that mean he's an expert?

Norikage sipped his tea.

"Well, you can be certain I'll pass this along to the ojichan and obachan. How's Chouri-san, by the way?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He gave a nod and sipped his tea a well

''Well, all things considered. The princess's action yesterday at the feast will do much to soothe the villager's fears and worries. Already many of the more spiritually inclined members of the delegation have said they would pass by today to collaborate and shared their knowledge.''

He gave a nod

''Better late then never!''

Bayushi Norikage

"She isn't being dragged down too much by all the stress from these lords and ladies making demands of her?" he sipped again.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''The daimyos are...something...allright. Makime-sama might be the worst, however.'' he shrugged ''But Chouri is a stronger woman then she appears and her spirits remain high.''

He gave a nod to the scorpion

''You are kind to ask''

Bayushi Norikage

He was too tired to press further. Later, maybe. Probably not.

"Good, certainly, thanks", he said and finished the tea. "Sorry it wasn't very good. Been working on my method, at least it shouldn't be poison."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Heh'' he waved a hand and gave a large smile ''The only things I have been drinking for the past few days are herbal teas and water. Your tea is a breath of fresh air''

''How has been your stay so far?''

Bayushi Norikage

"Awful, want to hear about my nightmares?" he smirked. "I don't want to talk about them, so nevermind. Truth is this place is an onigiri full of shit and it's a matter of time before someone squeezes or bites it too hard."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

That got a laugh out of Zhe

''Very illustrative, I admit'' he returned to seriousness ''But I am sorry you have been plagued by nightmares. On the bright side, the enemy would not assault us so if we not a real threat to it's plans''