Nanzi Ai

Re: [Day 6 - MM] Man of War

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I wanted to convey my condolences for your loss and learn more about the man he was, are you amenable to that if not we can return at a later time... though time grows short...well regardless if you do not feel up to it I would not wish to impose. But I am curious about him," she said.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

The woman paused for a moment and nodded stepping aside and offering them entrance into the home "Yes of course, I would be happy to share with you."
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Tyrus wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:59 pm
The woman paused for a moment and nodded stepping aside and offering them entrance into the home "Yes of course, I would be happy to share with you."
Ai smiled kindly and stepped inside with a warm countenance. Making room for the Dragon as well and said, “Thank you for your time and hospitality Akari-san, I am honored to be a guest in your home.”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Shang would follow behind Ai as she led the proceedings, to not be intrusive on the matter. She did however bow in greeting when she was noticed.

"Not at all! Thank you for allowing us into your home. And, yes, good morning," she said with a small smile.
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

"No it is an uh honor to have people such as yourself in my home."

She motions to a low table "I do not have much to offer but would you like some tea or water?"

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Tyrus wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:27 am
"No it is an uh honor to have people such as yourself in my home."

She motions to a low table "I do not have much to offer but would you like some tea or water?"
Shang would let Ai take the lead to sit at the table first before she would sit afterwards at the low table. She smiled faintly and smoothed down her robes. It felt like a while since she had a personal house call?

"...Would you have sake by chance?" She asked with a hopeful smile. "I mean, only if you can spare it!"
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai replied, "Tea would be a blessing, thank you."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

"Oh...um maybe. I would have to check. One moment." She went to another room and returned with a tea pot she hung over the fire and a bottle "I found this, it's a distilled plum wine some family brought me. It can be a little stronger than sake."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Ah! You're most kind, thank you for humouring me on such short notice. Wonderful hospitality! I won't take too much from you, one cup is more than enough. Please and thank you," she said as was already prepared with her own cup, bright as sunshine.

Description

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai smiled and said, “Thank you for your hospitality. What can you tell me about your father, Akari-san?”

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Akari poured some of the liquid from the bottle into Shang's cup it was a light purple color and smelled faintly of sweetened plums.

She grabbed the tea pot and poured a cup for herself and Ai before sitting and brushing a strand of wayward dark hair behind her ear.

"Oh well he was a kind man, raised my brother and I by himself after mother passed when we were children. He was a builder by trade. He built this home and likely half the homes in this village, or at least helped with them I know he did a lot of work designing the headwoman's home." She looked down into her tea cup turning it in her hands "He enjoyed those poems that have been going around, Waka I believe they are called."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai nodded and listened and then responded, “A builder is a noble profession and one that will be missed. You spoke of your brother is he also in the village? When I spoke to him two nights ago he was wondering death… he was quite afraid of what came after and that is what drove him to accept the Corruption of Yume-Jigoku.”

“I wanted to save him, but all I could grant him was rest.”

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

"Ah, not as such. He passed away a few years ago. It was just him and I in the family for awhile." She took a sip of her drink "We had actually been discussing leaving the village. We had our reasons for being here but he saw the innovations of the clans and we thought we might leave after the next winter."

She took a breath "but that doesn't surprise me. About the death, he recently read a poem regarding death and it seemed it awoke some sort of fear in him. I can't say I really ever think about it but he would bring it up from time to time. I suppose I should have done a better job of speaking with him about it..."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Tyrus wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:54 pm
"Ah, not as such. He passed away a few years ago. It was just him and I in the family for awhile." She took a sip of her drink "We had actually been discussing leaving the village. We had our reasons for being here but he saw the innovations of the clans and we thought we might leave after the next winter."
The Crane bushi nodded and said, “If you are seeking to leave I could offer you a place within the lands of the Crane, I would like to see something positive come from all this suffering. Would that be amenable to you, Akari-san?”

It was a small thing but maybe it could help. "Do you have this poem?" she asked.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

"Oh!" She seemed surprised by the offer. "Oh uhm maybe? I would have to think about it, having a destination makes it very uhm real I think." She took another sip

"Oh as for the poem I don't have it on hand, I believe it is still with his things in his house. But I could bring it to you."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I would appreciate it, if you could. I hope you consider my offer, if I have my way I would see to your family possibly elevated," she responded.

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Shang would quietly drink from her cup as her gaze followed both Akari and Ai as they walked. She supposed, this was a bit of a belated funeral visiting call, getting to know the man better after his passing. At the mention of the poem, she gave a few nods in agreement with Ai, also interested to seeing it as well.

Description

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:54 pm
"I would appreciate it, if you could. I hope you consider my offer, if I have my way I would see to your family possibly elevated," she responded.
She nodded "Of course Nanzi-sama. And I will think on it certainly, it is more generous an offer than I would have dreamed. May I ask why?"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“I still feel responsible for how things ended with your father, I know that perhaps it was always fated to be, but a [part of me wishes I had seen something, said something more in his moment of need to turn him from the dark side. And now I have a chance to maybe help another in need,” she said honestly.

“It seems selfish, perhaps, but I feel obligated to help.”

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"A very generous offer from Nanzi-sama, indeed," she said in passing commentary before taking a sip of her cup. "I could only imagine the family would do well under the wing of the Crane."

Description