Yamagato

Re: Combat Event: Family Matters D6, LE

Post by Yamagato »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:31 am

"Don't blame yourself, there's been a lot of strange things happening lately," Ayako said, trying to reassure him. "Was she having bad dreams? I think that was one of the symptoms."
The child in his arms had begun to quiet and possibly passout from the stress. He looked almost numb at this point but nodded slowly at her question "Yes, they happen every year but hers seemed particularly bad especially after the accident with Kimi. I had also caught her murmuring to herself at times but like I said i...I had just thought it was the stress from having so many new people and, and everything going on."
Artisan | Doting Husband | Gregarious

Run by GM Tyrus

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara approached the man, crouching in front of him, a definitely reassuring and not at all discomforting sight, bloodstained hands, sweat beaded upon her, still wincing as she moved.

"You should not blame yourself. It is important for your own soul, that you remain at peace. Do it for your children."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

The bandaging did seem to give the Crab some relief. "Thank you, Akodo-san," Ayako said afterwards. "That should keep me going until I see a healer."

[Ayako is now at 32/92 wounds (Nicked).]
Tyrus wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:14 pm
The child in his arms had begun to quiet and possibly passout from the stress. He looked almost numb at this point but nodded slowly at her question "Yes, they happen every year but hers seemed particularly bad especially after the accident with Kimi. I had also caught her murmuring to herself at times but like I said i...I had just thought it was the stress from having so many new people and, and everything going on."
"Do you have somewhere else you can stay for the night?" Ayako asked. "Your family needs rest ... but, uh, not here, I think." She tilted her head towards the empty lot where the house had once stood.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Yamagato

Post by Yamagato »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:24 pm
Yukara approached the man, crouching in front of him, a definitely reassuring and not at all discomforting sight, bloodstained hands, sweat beaded upon her, still wincing as she moved.

"You should not blame yourself. It is important for your own soul, that you remain at peace. Do it for your children."
He flinched back from Yukara possibly just now noticing her for the first time but he nodded to her words and seemed to calm, if just a little.
Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:29 pm
"Do you have somewhere else you can stay for the night?" Ayako asked. "Your family needs rest ... but, uh, not here, I think." She tilted her head towards the empty lot where the house had once stood.
He pauses for a moment but nods again "Yes, we'll be fine. Thank you, all of you. You saved my family, it is a debt I can never repay."
Artisan | Doting Husband | Gregarious

Run by GM Tyrus

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Her ghostly ears twitched, and the tails swept back and forth as if she were looking at a mouse, but she smiled, attempting to soothe their nerves.

"Yes. You should not return here. Find a new happy place - and think of what you still have. I am sorry I cannot offer you more than this."

Rising, she glanced at the others. "We should get Ayako-san patched up, and then both of us could use a wash - not wise to sleep like this."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Tyrus wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:11 pm
"Oh I uh," He seemed hesitant but he sighed "I lifted it off someone a few days back." He murmured.

The scene was slowly returning to what passed for normal here as the guard managed to disperse the remaining stragglers and now only one or two stayed to watch over the scene.
"Like I said, son, I ain't mad atcha," Akutou says. "I've done as much m'self, an' more'n once.

"But it might be important; who'd y' lift it offa? Might have somethin' t' do wi' what happened wi' y'r momma, Fortunes rest 'er."

His eyes cut over to the others. Y'all gonna ask 'im 'bout any funny business? he wonders.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

He seemed a little confused "I don't see, I mean I lifted it off Asashi. He's got plenty and I didn't think he'd miss it..."
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Tyrus wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:56 pm
He seemed a little confused "I don't see, I mean I lifted it off Asashi. He's got plenty and I didn't think he'd miss it..."
"'Bout when'd you do that, son?" Akutou asks. "An' remin' me who Asashi is, please. I've met a whole awful lotta folks here, an' I ain't always able t' keep straight who's who."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

He shrugged "like, like a month or two ago. Asahi is just you know, a guy. He's one that's able to like do things for people if you want it kept quiet." He spoke in a slightly hushed tone.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Tyrus wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:28 pm
He shrugged "like, like a month or two ago. Asahi is just you know, a guy. He's one that's able to like do things for people if you want it kept quiet." He spoke in a slightly hushed tone.
Welp, that puts that t' bed, Akutou thinks, and he nods.

"I know that kinda guy," he replies. "Hell, I've been that kinda guy a time'r two. But I ain't got a poppa who loved me'r a sister as needs me, neither. S' mebbe y' oughtn't t' try t' go that way yourself, son. Mebbe y' oughta go an' love your kin. Ain't ev'rybody got any t' love."

He stands and brushes off his knee.

"An' I'm sorry f'r what happened t' y'all. I truly am. Ain't deserved."

Insufficient as he knows the gesture is, he pats the youth's shoulder. "Go be wi' your poppa an' sister. They'll need y' t' be strong. An' you'll need it fr'm them, too. Ain't nothin' wrong wi' either o' 'em."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

The young man nods he wasn't crying but there was a pain in his eyes "You know the last thing we did was fight...before..before the dream or whatever it was. I yelled at her and-" He cut off and swallowed it "doesn't matter now."

He nodded to Akuto as he stood brushing himself off as well, he was lanky and tall but basically a man grown at this point. He touched the hilt of the short blade tucked into his belt.

"Thank you. You saved my family and we owe you for that. I, don't know how I can repay that but I will if you call it in."

With that he left Akuto to be with his family.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

That boy's gonna be trouble, Akutou thinks, and he rejoins the others.

"So, what all's next?" he asks Yukara, Ayako, and Kenji. "Y'all're all okay?"

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Rumors of what happened had spread and Nao had come to investigate and see if anyone needed assistance.

"Is anyone injured?" she asked those gathered.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Yoshitsune Ayako

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:26 pm
"Is anyone injured?" she asked those gathered.
"Thank you for coming, Ryoshun-san," Ayako said, bowing politely. "I've taken some minor wounds, and I think we've all had a .. very peculiar experience in what appeared to be Yume-do."

-
[Ayako is at 32/92 wounds (Nicked).]

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"I'm not sure that was Yume-do exactly." Kenji replied to Ayako, after giving a shake of his head to Nao.

He was uninjured after all.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Of course, Yoshitsune-san." She examined the woman's wounds. "I'll treat you right away."

She cut herself and called on the healing power of water, as she had before. There was an unexpected surge of energy that rushed through her and into the Crab, rapidly mending all of her injuries.

- - -
Combat Event: Family Matters D6, LE, Casting PtIP on Ayako, Water ML 1, Deficiency | 5k3 ⇒ 43 (TN: 10)
Nao takes 1 Wound
Ayako is fully healed!?!
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Don't think it quite were Yume-Do, neither," Akutou says. "When I's there yesterday with th' Princess, it stunk somethin' powerful. Didn't have that stink here."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Yume-Do can be whatever we imagine. Or, whatever someone else imagines." Nao said. "Of course, the corruption of Jigoku tends to inspire more nightmares than anything pleasant."

Accompanied By| San

Yoshitsune Ayako

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:03 pm
She cut herself and called on the healing power of water, as she had before. There was an unexpected surge of energy that rushed through her and into the Crab, rapidly mending all of her injuries.
Ayako sighed with relief. "Thank you! I feel much better," she said.
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:06 pm
"Don't think it quite were Yume-Do, neither," Akutou says. "When I's there yesterday with th' Princess, it stunk somethin' powerful. Didn't have that stink here."
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:09 pm
"Yume-Do can be whatever we imagine. Or, whatever someone else imagines." Nao said. "Of course, the corruption of Jigoku tends to inspire more nightmares than anything pleasant."
"I was able to re-shape things a little, just by thinking about it ... kind of like a dream," Ayako said. "And it was day there, while it's night time here. All that is what makes me think we were in Yume-do. The whole thing wasn't quite real."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou shrugs.

"Main thing's that we got th' non-belligerents out an' got ourselves out wi'out much hurt. Ain't a bad evenin' f'r that."