Bayushi Norikage

Re: We’re there… Here. (D0, MM, cont.)

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:45 pm
"End of winter, sort of a purification thing as we get ready for the next year," he said. "Starting off on a new foot, you know?"
He shrugged and took his own pipe out. "Good enough reasons as any. Can I use your light, ojisan?"
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:55 pm
“Only a few people? That’s amazing.” She replied.

“I’ve been around the past year or so… I don’t know of any place like that anymore.”

She finished the cup of tea and asked, “Who is this Chouri-san?”
"We're lucky to have found this spot," she agreed with a small smile. "Chouri-chan is the headwoman of the village. She used to be an ascetic of some sort before people starting arriving at her meditation spot." She chuckled.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:43 pm
He shrugged and took his own pipe out. "Good enough reasons as any. Can I use your light, ojisan?"
"Sure thing, kiddo," he hands over his flint and steel. "I think it might be protective, too. Not too many nightmares around here, despite the outside."

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Bayushi Norikage

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:47 pm
"Sure thing, kiddo," he hands over his flint and steel. "I think it might be protective, too. Not too many nightmares around here, despite the outside."
He puffed smoke. "Oh?" There were a lot of places that weren't as bad as others, and the old man said there weren't too many, not that they had stopped altogether. That and if a simply priest could banish the nightmares easily, that would have happened already. "This mountain sacred or something?"

Maybe a sacred beast lives here, or there's some sacred ore.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:56 pm
He puffed smoke. "Oh?" There were a lot of places that weren't as bad as others, and the old man said there weren't too many, not that they had stopped altogether. That and if a simply priest could banish the nightmares easily, that would have happened already. "This mountain sacred or something?"

Maybe a sacred beast lives here, or there's some sacred ore.
"You know, I wouldn't be surprised. That would explain why people with issues get drawn here," he mused.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:46 pm

"We're lucky to have found this spot," she agreed with a small smile. "Chouri-chan is the headwoman of the village. She used to be an ascetic of some sort before people starting arriving at her meditation spot." She chuckled.
“Meditation spot?” She asked with interest.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Bayushi Norikage

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:57 pm
"You know, I wouldn't be surprised. That would explain why people with issues get drawn here," he mused.
"You wouldn't be surprised? C'mon, you lived your whole life here and if you haven't heard of it by now...tsk. Even where I'm from there's people who say tigers protect them from bandits, or a fox guided them through a forest to their family when they got lost...then let's not get started about the thousand stories of the Spine of the World."

He rolled his eyes, mostly to himself.

"But your village head would know, huh? This Chouri-san you mentioned before?"

Canary

Post by Canary »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:02 pm
“Meditation spot?” She asked with interest.
Yoshie made a circular motion indicating the village itself. "Used to be the abandoned village of some tribe or other. She apparently came here to meditate because they used to have a lot of visions of the future and whatnot."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:03 pm
"You wouldn't be surprised? C'mon, you lived your whole life here and if you haven't heard of it by now...tsk. Even where I'm from there's people who say tigers protect them from bandits, or a fox guided them through a forest to their family when they got lost...then let's not get started about the thousand stories of the Spine of the World."

He rolled his eyes, mostly to himself.

"But your village head would know, huh? This Chouri-san you mentioned before?"
"I've only been here for four years, kiddo," he said. "My wife and I came here after she started having nightmares. Went away right quick after."

He nods. "Chouri-san would probably know, yeah. She used to be some kind of monk or ascetic, or something. Philosopher type."

Bayushi Norikage

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:18 pm
"I've only been here for four years, kiddo," he said. "My wife and I came here after she started having nightmares. Went away right quick after."

He nods. "Chouri-san would probably know, yeah. She used to be some kind of monk or ascetic, or something. Philosopher type."
Oh, so someone I might want to stab after a minute or two of conversation.

"I'll give her a chat", Norikage nodded. "Village seems a little small, despite people flocking here. There a proper inn or just the bath house?"

Canary

Post by Canary »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:24 pm
Oh, so someone I might want to stab after a minute or two of conversation.

"I'll give her a chat", Norikage nodded. "Village seems a little small, despite people flocking here. There a proper inn or just the bath house?"
"No inn, I'm afraid. We're not exactly used to guests."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:16 pm
Yoshie made a circular motion indicating the village itself. "Used to be the abandoned village of some tribe or other. She apparently came here to meditate because they used to have a lot of visions of the future and whatnot."
“Huh… That’s neat. I’m glad it works…” She logged some of this in her mind, not sure of what to make of it.

“So… I can be a bit clumsy at times… Are there any customs y’all have here that an outsider may not know? Don’t wanna make anybody mad for walkin’ on the wrong side of the road or something.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Bayushi Norikage

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:29 pm
"No inn, I'm afraid. We're not exactly used to guests."
"Well, in the mean time until I figure out what I'll do, maybe I'll help set up with the festival a little more. Keeps the bones warm."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:43 pm
"Well, in the mean time until I figure out what I'll do, maybe I'll help set up with the festival a little more. Keeps the bones warm."
"Well, if you want to warm up, you're welcome to come in. Sounds like Yoshie has another guest in there anyway."

Bayushi Norikage

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:59 pm
"Well, if you want to warm up, you're welcome to come in. Sounds like Yoshie has another guest in there anyway."
"How about I take you up on that tonight?" he said. "I can go lend a hand still during the day, and I might go talk to your Chouri-san."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:32 pm
“Huh… That’s neat. I’m glad it works…” She logged some of this in her mind, not sure of what to make of it.

“So… I can be a bit clumsy at times… Are there any customs y’all have here that an outsider may not know? Don’t wanna make anybody mad for walkin’ on the wrong side of the road or something.”
"Me, too, I tell you what," she chuckled. "Well... We do have some hospitality traditions. Guests are kinda expected to join in things with the family. In this case, probably just meals, but it does mean that since you're here during the festival, people are gonna look at you real funny if you don't participate."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:16 pm
"How about I take you up on that tonight?" he said. "I can go lend a hand still during the day, and I might go talk to your Chouri-san."
The old man gets up and hobbles in, opening the door into the vestibule. "Come on in. Take off your shoes once you get to the hearth."

He heads in first, smiling at Yoshie and bowing to Han-Hei. "I see you got yourself a guest, hon."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:01 pm
"Me, too, I tell you what," she chuckled. "Well... We do have some hospitality traditions. Guests are kinda expected to join in things with the family. In this case, probably just meals, but it does mean that since you're here during the festival, people are gonna look at you real funny if you don't participate."
Han-Hei smiled and nodded, “I think I can manage that. Sounds like a good time.”

She then turned to see Norikage and the husband walk in with a bit of surprise.

“What chance is this! This is my friend Yoshie-san.”

Bayushi Norikage

We caught the same fish, I see...

Norikage bowed slightly to the woman after he had followed the old man in.

"I'm called Bayushi Norikage, pleasure to meet you, ma'am", he said to Yoshie. He looked at Han-Hei. "Indeed, fancy meeting you here."

Canary

Post by Canary »

"Oh, how lovely! Please, come join me." She indicates the cushion to her side, like the old man hobbles over to the one remaining. She looks at him in concern as he does. "How is your hip, dear."

He waved the concern off. "Just fine, just fine. Better since this young man helped move the dishes for the feast."