Bayushi Norikage

Re: [D4, LE] Trying Everything Pt 2

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

"W-well, that's...", he didn't recoil, but he certainly wasn't plunging right into her either.

Yes, that does seem to be the problem! Suddenly it's about my decision...

He actually smiled. Of course. She hit it on the head.

"Yukara-san, you...", he chuckled a little and petted her head. "No matter what happens, I'm glad we had this moment." He then unhanded her and took a serious posture. "I will think, I will communicate, and we will see things through." He bowed slightly and let the quiet hang for a moment longer.

"But for now", he said, taking a light hearted tone. "I believe you offered me some singing."
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara raised her hand, gently flicking his forehead. "You are incorrigible. Yes, I did."

Standing, she stretched, using the chance to try and regain her composure. "You should be sure to speak to Shiba-sama as well - and be sure of your thoughts. Make sure she is aware of them. No... ambiguity... for either of us. She is a good woman. She deserves honesty."

Moving around the table, she glanced about, as if searching for the futons. "I believe it was to be a lullaby, was it not? Or do you no longer believe yourself prepared to rest?"
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Bayushi Norikage

"I wouldn't deny what was promised", he said emphatically. "And rest is something I need, absolutely."

With a sense of regret for the possible sweetness of the moment he sighed. "What's coming for all of us will need our sharpest wit and most able courage."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"You are quite right. And perhaps tomorrow, after you have rested, you will find time for your thoughts, and we might have more to discuss. But tonight, I promised you a lullaby. A lullaby, I will give you."

She smiled, and there was a kindness to it. "I am not one to turn back from my promises."

Stepping lightly, she gestured that he should make himself comfortable. "I will see you get rest, tonight, or go hoarse in the attempt, Norikage-san."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Bayushi Norikage

Norikage stood up and walked across the room to the shoji screen that separated them from where they slept. "I'll get changed, then."

And he did just that for several moments. Quickly though, so no one would suddenly lose their nerve.

He came out in a sleeping yukata and beckoned Yukara back over to him.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara did not flee, or get cold feet even. The room was quite warm, perhaps too warm.

As he settled down, she moved to sit nearby, somewhat nervous. She was not precisely a virtuoso, and she was singing an old song, without the instrument to normally accompany it.

Still, if it helped him rest, she would do her best.

Bayushi Norikage

Norikage sat on the tatami and as she approached, eased himself down onto his back. His eyes were very tired, he should be far gone into yume-do, but the world was a horrorshow and rest was not his friend as of late. Now laying back, the tired hit him extra hard, but his eyes wouldn't shut. Perhaps dream images were already seeping into his vision when he blinked and he didn't want them ruining the moment.

He smiled, then nodded to Yukara and rested his hands on his chest, trying to steady his breath.

He seemed as ready as he could be.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara knelt near him, just at the edge of his vision, settling in so she was comfortable.

Taking a deep breath, she began to sing. Her eerie eyes lended the song an otherworldly air, and it might have been discomforting were her voice not gentle and smooth, as she sang. The song was not one full of meaning, the lyrics almost blending into meaningless sound, but the haunting and beautiful strains of a misty forest full of life and mystery still remained, soothing and sending Norikage drifting toward sleep.

As she sang, she focused her chi, allowing it to spill outward, rejuvenating and strengthening him, an imperceptible blessing for his rest.

Soon, the realm of dreams would have him, though this time perhaps he was armed for the task before him. She hoped so.

Bayushi Norikage

It was calming. He didn't know the tune, and the lyrics made little sense, but there was a comforting feel. Things he could no longer consciously remember tugged at his mind. He suddenly felt more as if he were in a large hut than a house. What was that feeling? He couldn't grasp it in his mind, and the further he reached for it, the further from wakefulness he ventured.

She really is a good girl.

His last thought before his drift to Yume-do was completed was that he did not deserve her kindness.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

As he fully drifted off to sleep, she sighed, emotions in turmoil.

After a long pause, she leaned forward and gently kissed his forehead. "Rest well, Norikage-san."

Rising, she walked to the table, gathering her things, looking for her sandals.

Then she slipped them on, and exited quietly into the night, not at all sure what to feel.

/exit