Hiruma Naraku

Ok, so now what? [D6, ME] (OPEN)

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku sat next to the lake with a blank expression; wordlessly he retrieved his kiseru and lighted it, taking a few puffs from the pipe before exhaling a thick cloud of white smoke.

Thunder

The word crossed his mind still sounding like a dream to the young Hiruma. He looked at the lake, his reflection staring at him, had he changed that much? Or would he regress back to what he was becoming were he to face the same loss again? He shivered at the thought of losing Ai before shaking that feeling off. He was different. He now understood.

He took another pull of his kiseru, his eyes wandering off to the starry sky as he exhaled the air. Tonight would be a long night but soon a new dawn would rise on the Empire.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Zhe

Re: Ok, so now what? [D6, ME] (OPEN)

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Good evening, Naraku'' a voice greeted not too far, pensive and mirthless

The dragon soon came into view, the wide straw hat tilted backward.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku smiled when he saw the familiar face of the Zhe.

"Zhe-san," he smiled as he exhaled another cloud of white smoke. "Or should I call you the Thunder of Mercy?"

He laughed softly before sighing. "What a weird day."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

The dragon gave a nod

''Please, Zhe is more then fine...It has been something allright. I am not sure how to wrap my head around it or what to do to prepare.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He turned his gaze towards the pond and shrugged.

"We have received the blessings of the Nezumi, the favor of Heaven and the trust of our fellow men," he answered. "Yet the path ahead of us will still be hard. It will still be filled with peril. I think the best preparation is to steel our hearts and minds and walk into this fight unencumbered by any doubt."

He turned to look at the man.

"Have you told Chouri?"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe gazed was not fixed on anything specific: his eyes were open but he was not looking

''No, not yet''

He folded his hand into his kimono

''It feels odd...being chosen. At least the eventual glory from this will be of service to the people of this village. I have offered Chouri to put the villagers under the protection of the Wu and the Dragon Clan two days ago, as my power as a diplomat allows. She accepted.''

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He looks at him pensively.

"Do you have family Zhe?"

He takes another pull from his kiseru.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''I do'' he replied ''A father, a sister and nephews''

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He nodded and exhaled another cloud of white.

"What are your plans after we return? After we win," he looks at him. "What are your plans with Chouri"

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

"To remember and to forget"

He turned

"You?"

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Do you plan to wed her? Would that even be possible? Is that even something that you considered?"

His words might be blunt, but his tone is surprisingly polite.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe lowers his head

''I do not know. I do not know if either of us will survive this...the daimyos want their pound of flesh and they will make Chouri and Enrou scapegoats for all sins. They will try to make an exemple out of the village as well, burn it to the ground if they can.''

He frowned, a palpable spite and anger rising in his spirit

''As we go save the Ningen-do I may find myself unable to save the people here.''

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He took another pull from the kiseru before letting the smoke to slowly leave from his mouth.

"Not necessarily," he eyed at the Wu. "The village is under Imperial protection."

He leaned forward and turned towards Zhe.

"We will survive Zhe and you will return as the victorious Thunder of Mercy. Your words would carry weight to protect Chouri when she is on trial and I really do not think any of the daimyos here present would dishonor themselves by attacking the village while it is under the protection of the Heavens."

He offers him a reassuring smile.

"Talk to Lady Shiba, talk to Jiyo Sora. Perhaps you might have friendly ears in them for such cause and if you decide to marry the woman," he shrugs. "Last I heard the Dragon are not like the Stag."

He sighs and looks upwards, gazing at the clear sky.

"You know the funny part? Had it been one week ago, when I was on my warpath... I would have put this village to the torch," he looks at him, gauging his reaction. "Start the fire right in the headwoman's house and use her as kindling. I am fairly pleased that it was not me. It would have been stupid and it might just doom us all."

He shrugs.

"No village, no reason to investigate the mine, no ritual scroll."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''I am more cautious then you, my friend, though I appreciate the optimism.'' he scratched his chin...he would have to shave soon. ''But I share your view on the virtue of the imperials present here. I have a meeting with Jiyo-sama on the morrow to explain to him the situation. Still I don't know how long the imperial protection will last or what it entails.''

He motionned to the village around them

''This place is proof there are too many crack for people to fall through.''

He moved towards a rock so he could sit

''And while the dragon and stag are different beasts there is still...tensions...within the clan.''