Hiruma Naraku

Re: Conflicted [Day 2 LE]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Do not get me wrong, I am still very much driven to ensure that the Harbinger is destroyed and our Empire is protected, it's just..." he was struggling to find the correct words to describe what was happening. "There were many things that occurred here that made me stop and think."

"This is not going to be an easy fight. We both know that. The enemy will use any avenue it can to assault our mind and soul," he continued. "I will not offer them an easy way in. I will fight side by side with all of you and offer my life if victory demands that," he remembers the effigy he killed. "I think that is why I slew mistrust during the ritual. I trust each and everyone of you."

He looks to the distance, the sadness in his eyes slowly shifting into nostalgy. "When I held my twin in my arms, when..." his voice breaks, forcing Naraku to compose himself. "She told me I could be a hero. That I should show that I am not doomed."

"I guess only today I really started believing that."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Your sister sounds wise, even in her final moments. It has been a journey for you, but here you are, there is no shame in that,” she reassured him.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I guess that is why I felt a gut feeling to come to this village," he smirked. "But I think I've monopolized this conversation with myself. I'd like to know more about you? Did you come here because of the Little Teacher's summons or were you also dragged whilst performing your duty?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“My Honored Father during the rescue of my Uncle, Hisomu, encountered a monster that was the living personification of Shinsei’s hubris. It tried to kill Matsu, while she was a child. He and others cut this creature down but it was then he learned about the Day of Thunder and the Cycles… since then my Father has prepared me for this day, all of us that a time would come when we would need to fight for the protection of Ningen-Do,” she responded.

“I was always meant to be here.”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"The rescue of Hisomu," Naraku's voice trails off. "I've heard tales of the heroism demonstrated by the soldiers of the Empire. How they ventured into the heart of Jigoku and not only rescued Hisomu but also managed to close the festering pit that served as connection between our two realms. I am glad we did not got to know what a corrupted Kami was."

"I was born during the rescue of Hisomu, or that is what I was told."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I was born shortly before it began," she mused.

"It would have been horrific to have my uncle so thoroughly corrupted. Thankfully it shall never come to pass," she finished. "Whatever champion we face will still be a dangerous and powerful being or entity. Utilizing corrupting dream logic, the strength of arms and magic may not be enough and any victory will need to probably rely on some kind of unconventional means."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I did not take you as being older than me, should I use the honorific Obaasan?" he teased the Crane.

"You know which methods I utilize," he gauged her reaction. "They might not be the most conventional but they wreck chaos among the ranks of the corrupted. The stronger their corruption, the stronger its effect."

"Still we do need to take the initiative. I am planning to head with a small team into the forest tomorrow. Strictly reconnaissance, setting up small alarms that might assist us in preparation from any advance from that side. Perhaps they might be useless but if they work, we might gain precious time to lead the villagers in the outskirts to safety."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“If it gives you some comfort, Hiruma-sama,” she said warmly. At the mention of methods she did her best to remain neutral but the idea of poisons and was unseemly and lacked Honor so she decided to use Doji Ignoring Bad Behavior Technique, perhaps it would work?

When he spoke about the excursion that seemed more palatable and she responded, “That would be useful, I suggest you coordinate such actions with Makime-dono so she is aware of such early detection protocols.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I've been learning from you Nanzi-obaasan. There is proper politeness in addressing our elders," he teased her, his tone playful rather than mean. "I have to have my best behavior when in front of someone as esteemed with you."

He nods at her suggestion. "Indeed, there is no sense in going gung-ho into what could be a dangerous situation. Properly informing Lady Makime and coordinating some basic scenarios is just common sense," he rubbed his chin. "I'm sure Lady Makime will have many ideas on how to improve the defenses in this village after all she did write the book on warfare. Or well, co-authored."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Have you gathered your team for this endeavor?” she asked. “I could recommend, Otomo Akutou, as he seems well versed in the field… perhaps your animalistic friend, Kai as well.”

“Apologies if you have your team already built.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I have thought about a few people, but we will see who volunteers. I have no intention of forcing anyone to come and if it comes to a no show, I will ask to head out alone,"" he admitted. "I would not wish for us to be caught as unprepared as the last time."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I intend to patrol the village tomorrow but if I have time and duties permit, then you have my sword," she said.

"I am no scout, though."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"And a sharp one at that," he smiled. "I would be reliefed to have you protecting my back. I must say I much prefer smiling Nanzi 'if looks could kill' Nanzi."

"Regarding the expedition, I am unsure how deep we can venture or what will we truly find. Perhaps for starters the focus would be best in just placing some signaling traps that would warn us about incoming attacks."

"We should also consider another thing. We might need to start checking at our supplies. Jade in particular."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:34 pm
"And a sharp one at that," he smiled. "I would be reliefed to have you protecting my back. I must say I much prefer smiling Nanzi 'if looks could kill' Nanzi."
Did he just call her ugly… she mused at the words and decided they were meant to be a compliment. She said, “Then I will be there, Hiruma-sama.”
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:34 pm
"Regarding the expedition, I am unsure how deep we can venture or what will we truly find. Perhaps for starters the focus would be best in just placing some signaling traps that would warn us about incoming attacks."

"We should also consider another thing. We might need to start checking at our supplies. Jade in particular."
"I have some jade, but not limitless," she said darkly. "We may have to pool our supplies, but that is a decision for our burgeoning leadership."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

His expression darkened as he clucked his tongue in annoyance "I shouldn't have been living off as a glorified hermit for the past five years," he complained. "Had I know about the Little Teacher's summons rather than following some gut feeling, I'd have stocked on more jade."

"A Hiruma knows how to extend the duration of jade, but I brought sufficient for my previous assignment. What I brought here was merely one finger, and I'd be remiss to call it a finger by now. More like a pebble of jade."

"I'll talk about this with Lady Anjing, it'd be good if its addressed by our burgeoning leadership."

He sighs "Things are rarely easy, aren't they Nanzi-san. And please, we are comrades now, every time you call me Hiruma-sama I can only think about my father's face reprimanding me about not packing extra supplies."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“It would be impolite and improper to address you in a more familiar manner without your consent, but if you prefer that I will comply, Hiruma-san. Jade aside, I think we will manage. We go to war with the army we have,” she replied.

“No need to scold yourself on your hermitude, the past has happened, it brought you here. That is enough.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Now you're making me thinking about the times your uncle and father would celebrate and feast," Naraku cringes as the thought of his father with slight rose tinted cheeks, stoically drinking sake and singing melodies without breaking a smile. "Call me Naraku. I allow it. After all, all of us here are brothers and sisters in arms."

"Is not so much the hermitude, it is also partly the lack of foresight. Gut feelings shouldn't trigger instinct reactions. Are you this forgiving with yourself?"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“No, but I am not your lord or honored parents, it is unseemly to judge you in lieu of those with more authority and right to do so. I could chastise myself and have, but in the end it does not change the moment, we work with what we have,” she said calmly.

“Naraku-san, then if it pleases you, you may call me Ai, in the name of unit cohesion,” she replied warmly.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Parent" Naraku corrected her. "Hiruma is both my father and mother. And one that I will always be thankful for despite our differences. He is the best father/mother me and my sister could have asked for."

"I am enjoying my new sense of retrospective. Perhaps I was too impulsive at times, that is why I am making back the time where I did not do as such," he laughs. "One must always remember the potholes they tripped, least he trips again."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai had to consider that, no she didn’t, she could nod and just assume she understood how that worked. Yes, just preen and nod, Doji Preening Listening Technique, go. She was pleased with his newfound joy and said, “That is how we learn and grow, through overcoming our many faults and mistakes. I did not know her, but your sister would be proud of the man you are and the hero you are becoming, Naraku-san.”

“I apologize if that is too presumptuous on my part.”