Nanzi Ai

Re: [Day 4 - LM] Street Spirit

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Then don't miss, we strive for that moment, that is the ideal not always the reality," she admitted.

"Alright in practice it is simple, find your Center, then assess your opponent, find your Focus and Strike... and whoever is fastest to the cut, wins," she said.

"Though in this case we shall not seek to do harm," she said honestly. "Show me your stance," she said taking her sacred stance.

OOC: Standard Iaijutsu duel, beginning with Initiative and us taking Center stance in the first round. Initiative | 6k3+10 ⇒ 32, Entering Center Stance, Assessment vs. IR3? Ai is Insight Rank 3 for reference | 8k3 ⇒ 50.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku nodded assuming the stance in front of Ai. His stance was awkward and it was clear he had growing pains going into it as his own stance was filled with holes and openings.

As he focused on assuming a correct pose, he committed a cardinal sin and failed to properly gauge his opponent.

---
D4 LM | Initiative Iajutsu | 6k3 ⇒ 31

D4 LM | Assessment | 3k3 ⇒ 16
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Normally," she said calmly, "One could bow out here if they feel their opponent is of greater skill or perhaps to prove a point."

"But for an exhibition and for learning, we should continue," she said as she found her Focus.

OOC: Focus for Fun Includes Nanzi bonus and Center Stance bonus Plus Iaijutsu Specialty | 10k7+10 ⇒ 51
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He chuckled at her words, it was obvious that the gap that existed between them in Iajutsu was insurmountable but still Naraku was decided to at least practice the basics.

Perhaps he would have found his focus easily if he had not focused on thinking how awkward he must be looking.

---
D4 LM | Focus with center | 4k4 ⇒ 11

8 FR? I guess haha
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

The moment came and was gone in an instant, the flat of her blade sliding gently across his chest. She nodded and said, "My Honored father would chide me on my slowness, but you acquitted yourself well."

She sheathed her blade. She added, "You have great potential, it is raw and unformed but the potential is great if you ever sought to learn."

OOC: Strike done, not doing damage but showing where she could have, Strike +8 FR + Nanzi Bonus + Center Stance Bonus Raises used to be Fancy | 10k6+5 ⇒ 52 (TN: 30)

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku could not react it had been over in the blink of an eye. Even his famous speed had been for naught as his lack of familiarity with the form had made his movements sluggish and predictable. He shivered slightly as the flat of her blade slid across his chest.

"Then it is good that this was not the duel you pictured," he smiled as he was defeated. "It would have been anticlimactic to be disposed so swiftly."

"Then perhaps I will have to learn this sacred art. Though will you be able to bare with more of my esteemed company?" he teased her

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:59 am
"Then perhaps I will have to learn this sacred art. Though will you be able to bare with more of my esteemed company?" he teased her
She had to take a moment and think on it, tapping her chin lightly before she said brightly, “If you do not mind spending time with the most coarse Crane, then I would be honored.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:19 pm
She had to take a moment and think on it, tapping her chin lightly before she said brightly, “If you do not mind spending time with the most coarse Crane, then I would be honored.”
"Coarse you say?" he squinted his eyes "Do not worry Ai-san. I can teach you to have a bubbly and cheerful demeanor. Soften those edges. Maybe then you can be as delicate as myself."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I am ready to attend the Naraku School of Etiquette," she said warmly.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I don't know, you must understand Ai-san the requirements to enter the Naraku School of Etiquette are quite high," he perked his nose and spoke with an elitist accent; where had been this acting during the play. "We strive for excellence and perfection in all of our students. Why do you think you can join?"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Well, Naraku-sensei, I am a dedicated student and I put my all into anything worth doing. A Crane does nothing by half; we devote ourselves completely to our craft and our Duties. I am driven to succeed, and do not accept failure as an option for myself,” she replied calmly.

“And I will hold you to a high and exacting standard, Naraku-sensei.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"You do not accept failure as an option? You dare?!" he feigned indignation and opened his hand in front of his mouth, mimicking a fan. He eyed the cheeky Crane for a while before closing his hand-fan and nodding in appreciation. "Very well! You have passed the first test. If you must know, to properly be a Naraku Courtier you have to embrace the scowl and grimace."

"Now let me see your scowl-face"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

A scowl… she pictured what she felt would be sufficient and then offered her best scowl, which would come off as more an impolite pout but it might be getting there.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku couldn't hold his laughter when she pouted, laughing whole heartedly at the sheer absurdity of this moment. Tears of laughter trailed down his cheeks as he laughed, feeling genuinely happy for the first time in many years.

He eventually calmed down and composed himself "Thank you Ai-san," he wiped a tear. "I needed this."

His eyes lingered on the Crane. Who would have thought it all started with the two nearly coming to blows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Execute secret technique, Doji Have to Cut a Bitch Glare.

"I aim to please, Naraku-sensei," she said.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Her glare does set him back. "Oh sorry if I offended you," he blushes struggling to find words to apolize; perhaps he shouldn't have laughed too much.

"Oh no need to call me sensei, specially not after you showed me how easily you could end me," he laughs nervously

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:14 pm
"Oh no need to call me sensei, specially not after you showed me how easily you could end me," he laughs nervously
“No need to be so dark, Naraku-san, I have no wish to end your life. As I told you then, and now you have my sword,” she said calmly.

“A samurai is bound by their deeds and words, both are as steel. Perhaps that is naïve of me, despite what I have seen, but I hold to my Honor. I enjoy your presence, all things considered.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:29 pm
“A samurai is bound by their deeds and words, both are as steel. Perhaps that is naïve of me, despite what I have seen, but I hold to my Honor. I enjoy your presence, all things considered.”
"Honor," he gave her a small smile. "I know that you will glare at me but... for a long time I cared little for honor. I found it a nuisance if I'm being perfectly honest. Yet..." he looks at the sky, "I have been reassessing that. Duty never truly abandoned me, I was always focused it and took shelter on it and Compassion... well it was something that I grew to appreciate."

"I think you are not naive Ai, I think you are correct. Honor is not simply a code of conduct, it is something that we can hold onto and that can serve as a lifeline when everything seems lost," he looked at her. "You've made me see that. I might not be a paragon and I might still have a lot of pecularities. But I've come to appreciate the tenants of honor with each passing day."

"I also enjoy your presence..." he blushed slightly. "A lot."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Then our partnership should continue. I much enjoy our conversations and I am humbled that you feel the same,” she said warmly.

“I am curious, why did you are so little for Honor? Did you find it an impediment to your Duties?”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I think for a long time I just saw it as a code that did not fit me. I was so consumed by my personal vendetta that I cared for little besides that."

"It is just now that I begin to see that error," he smiles. "Not regarding some of my methods but rather of letting myself be consumed."

"For what is worth, I do thank this village for that realization."