Saru Shang

Re: [Day 4 - Late Afternoon] Daydream

Post by Saru Shang »

"That is an offer worth considering, Isawa-sama, there's certainly the kind of places I'd consider venturing more into once I get back on the dirt road," she said before chuckling abashedly. "That said, I can't say that I have the experience when it comes to maintaining or fixing a wagon wheel! I perhaps have a bit more experience with horse, than anything."
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Well, that also could work out. I do have a pony, after all. I can't pull that wagon myself!" He chuckles.

"Truly, though. If you wish to travel, you have an invitation. Sometimes, as now, it is just me. Other times, I have as many as 5 wagons traveling."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Shang bobbed her head at the prospect of it as she started to put stock into it. "I did always want my own pony. Of course, being attached to a wagon is not quite the same but still a similar prospect. I've preferred to being pulled by a horse than oxen. Well! Let's see what the fates bring us and what lands in front of us. Provided that there will be an Empire at the end of this, I think I will very likely need a ride. Thank you for the invitation, Isawa-sama."
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Ah, yes, that is the important qualifier, isn't it? Always good to have plans for if the world ends. Gives you more reason to fight to keep it from ending!"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Only to a point, I imagine," she chuckled humourlessly on the matter, probably more tinged with anxiety. "Supposed a woodsman works hard at gathering lumber for the winter while building a wall at the same time, which probably putting all that lumber into the wall might serve best. If all goes well, that wall could be turned into firewood later. Hm! That might not be a good example but you get what I'm saying. Surely, you must have been the camp and spoken to a few people too? Despite the festival, not many in a festive mood for obvious reasons."

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"I've spoken to a few, but I only arrived last evening. Don't know much about this festival. I was trying to get to Small Lotus village, not Blu Lotus village. Wrong preparation."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"That would make the both of us, at least. So we're probably on the same footing there. Initially, I thought it was something relating to the harvest but it might be for a local custom. This is a rather unusual place, seeing as it's surrounded by fog but it's managed to have such bountiful stores. Of course, it's probably not always foggy around here, I would hope..." She gave a shake of her head. "Also, a lot of villages take after the lotus flower in this region, so it would be easy to mistake one for the other."

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Hai. I actually thought this was Small Lotus village at first - the set up is the same in both villages. Though, it is a normal enough set up, most villages that haven't encountered the little gods are set up the same."

"I do wonder, how much the little gods change things to be like the Heavens they fell from, and how much they change things to be like an idealized version of those Heavens? If that makes sense."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Shang looked a bit skeptical at this. "...Maybe from the outside but I think if you'll take a closer look, the village is quite unusual in many ways, especially for a place untouched by the Kami Empire. Their buildings are rather advanced from the looks of it. It's not just long houses and yurts, there are stone buildings and some of them even have two floors. Quite a feat of engineering but I imagine that might seem commonplace in an Imperial city."

She said as she looked around before a thought dawned on her. "Actually, perhaps you're the best person to look into this. I've been doing some casual snooping today and I'm sure this information could be of use to you. Apparently, this place used to be settled by a tribe of Isawa who broke off from the rest and they had been doing some research here on sleep. When they failed, they merely abandoned the place but they weren't even the first settlers here either."

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei's eyebrows rose. "Truly? This is news. I had not thought any from my tribe had come this direction. I knew a few went to the north, but not down here. This is worth investigating."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"From what I've been told, they're a splinter of your tribe, so there might be some differences in philosophy. They might have been lured here with a certain promise or the need to enter the realm of dreams supposedly. I would consider consulting Reiko Ohta if you ever happen to run into her. She managed to get a better reading of the old record scrolls than I ever could."

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"There are old scrolls here? I will try to gain access. One of my minor concerns is the library system of the Emperor. I would love to read, study, or hopefully copy those scrolls."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Shang frowned as she thought back earlier today. "They are heavily damaged but it would help to have another look over, I'm sure. I think there might have been only two pairs of eyes on it and none were shugenja. I did mention the idea that a shugenja could repair the scrolls but I was told it was unlikely. There's also the mention of nezumi too, considering the mysticism over dreaming. Regardless! Please check with the headwoman, she keeps them in her home."

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"One of my lesser used spirit callings, but one I am glad to have, can occasionally repair damaged items. Oddly, the spirits weren't willing to do so for my wheels. But, I do have that spirit calling."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"I personally think it would be worth a try, if it doesn't damage the scroll in question," she gave a shake of her head, feeling that she hit a stone wall during her visit to the house earlier. "Insight is gravely lacking here. It wouldn't be so bothersome if there weren't so many issues that didn't have answers. The bad dreams and the motives of the villagers included."

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Motives of the villagers? There are stronger ones than wanting to survive? That is most often the motive I encounter among the more common folk."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"If they were so keen on wanting to survive, I'm sure they wouldn't have been so eager to have us included in the celebrations when it might have been best to keep their wares in case the harvest wasn't so fruitful or the stores went back in the winter. I understand needing to honour tradition but the interesting times should make for interesting exceptions, no?"

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"hmm. Seems there might be more to learn yet, then. Something else that makes them eager to accept so many under those circumstances. It will be interesting to learn."

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"There's still so much mystery around this place, despite their storehouses being so inviting and the doors of their homes being open," she shook her head at that. "Anyway, on that note, I think I'll be heading back to less mysterious grounds at the Imperial Camp. If you haven't been there already, they'll be more than happy to receive you and give you a place to put up your tent. I hope I've been helpful in providing some insight into your stay here, Isawa-sama."

Description

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei smiles slightly. "I am aware of it. I saw another tent as I was looking for somewhere to set up last night, and it happened to be there. I awoke and knew one of those present this morning. I am old friends with Jiyo Sora-sama."