Hiruma Naraku

Re: D5 - EA - Childrens' Games and Self-Reflection (Wide-Open)

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:12 pm
snip
He shakes his head. "We all worked towards it Lady Shiba. We are in this together and we will win this together."
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:25 pm
snip
His furrowed his brow at the Otomo and then turned to Kumori, seeing if she had heard anything
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Chuchu watches Naraku's sidelong glances to Ai ... and her tail starts to wag. Maybe they'll have babies! She watches, though the longer things go on, the harder it is for her to stay awake...

[D5EA] Willpower roll to avoid falling asleep | 3k3 ⇒ 22 (TN: 20)

With a yawn, the ratling stands, starting to wander around all the adults to keep herself from falling asleep.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:08 pm
Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:12 pm
snip
He shakes his head. "We all worked towards it Lady Shiba. We are in this together and we will win this together."
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:25 pm
snip

His furrowed his brow at the Otomo and then turned to Kumori, seeing if she had heard anything

“I hear there is a search party going out for him… But I do not know much else.” She replied with a morose expression
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime arrived armed and armored, her eyes took in the group and the monk.

With a sigh she waited for whatever came next.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Makime wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:31 pm
With a sigh she waited for whatever came next.
Chuchu, seeing someone she doesn't know, stops and cheeps out a "Hello-hi!" at Makime before starting to walk around her.

...poor Makime.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou glances over, sees Chuchu approach the Ice Lion.

Oh, no.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:25 pm
“I hear there is a search party going out for him… But I do not know much else.” She replied with a morose expression
"I heard that he has shown shows of restraint when going on his rampage, as if he was waging his own battle inside his mind," he commented. "Perhaps there is still hope."

He notices Akutou looking at Chuchu and then sees who the small Nezumi is approaching. He waits with baited breath to see the reaction of the Daimyo.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:50 pm
"I heard that he has shown shows of restraint when going on his rampage, as if he was waging his own battle inside his mind," he commented. "Perhaps there is still hope."
Chuchu's ears go up and she stops her pacing around Makime, looking to Naraku. "Sick-sick?"

Makime

Post by Makime »

Of the list of things Makime expected, being approached by a Nezumi was at the bottom.

For her part the Lioness remained unperturbed, watching Chuchu walk around her out of the corner of her eye. She had expected the ratfolk to be more...intimidating.

"...you are the Nezumi that has been speaking with those in our camp I assume." She crossed her arms, "I am Makime, Servant of Akodo, who is Lord of the Lion."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:52 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:50 pm
Chuchu's ears go up and she stops her pacing around Makime, looking to Naraku. "Sick-sick?"
He smiles warmly at the Nezumi and shakes his head. "Not me Chuchu," his tone is kind and warm, the one would use for a cute child.

He eyes the cold Lion and nods his head in greeting. For all his reports to the woman he had never met her directly.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Makime wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:54 pm
"...you are the Nezumi that has been speaking with those in our camp I assume." She crossed her arms, "I am Makime, Servant of Akodo, who is Lord of the Lion."
The little ratling's eyes turn to Makime, and she cheeps again, much softer this time; oh, there are so many words she is still just barely grasping. Chuchu pulls up a little hand, whispering into her palm, its glow brief but there before she answers, "Sorry sorry, I was not prepared. It is nice to meet you, Makime! I am Chuchu, Nameseeker of the People, Friend of Humans!" She gives a bow like she knows she's supposed to around certain humans.
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:55 pm
He smiles warmly at the Nezumi and shakes his head. "Not me Chuchu," his tone is kind and warm, the one would use for a cute child.
"Who is sick-sick?" She asks now, hands clasped together. Maybe she can help!

[D5EA] NAMEBOUND spell: Name Talent, +3 raises for 4 hours of Rokugani Language 4 | 8k5 ⇒ 65 (TN: 30) SUCCESS (also jesus christ what a roll)

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"He was, is, the man who gathered us here at the village. The Little Teacher Shinsei," he explains in a warm tone.

"Lady Makime," he turns to look at the Lioness. "We have not been formally introduced. I am Hiruma Naraku. A pleasure to meet you."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:06 am
"He was, is, the man who gathered us here at the village. The Little Teacher Shinsei," he explains in a warm tone.
Chuchu waits for Naraku's own introduction before very softly asking, "Oh... do your healers need help?"

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime looks to the Crab, "I am aware of who you are. You have done good work so far. You are wrong though, it is not Shinsei but one of his students here now."

She notes the tone used with the Nezumi by the Crab, and really that a Crab's tone wasn't scornful when dealing with the Nezumi.

"You are a rather long way from home, Chuchu, Friend of Humans." She didn't attempt the presumably Nezumi bit in blue. "And a rather poor choice of place to visit if I might add. You do not strike me as the fearsome warriors I read in the reports, and this place is very likely a battlefield." Makime's tone remained the steady cadence it always held, radiating a sort of confidence and control. She did consider the Nezumi might not know the human term 'battlefield' so quickly added, "A place of danger."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Makime wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:13 am
"You are a rather long way from home, Chuchu, Friend of Humans." She didn't attempt the presumably Nezumi bit in blue. "And a rather poor choice of place to visit if I might add. You do not strike me as the fearsome warriors I read in the reports, and this place is very likely a battlefield." Makime's tone remained the steady cadence it always held, radiating a sort of confidence and control. She did consider the Nezumi might not know the human term 'battlefield' so quickly added, "A place of danger."
Her ears and snout both lower a little -- this one is an Adult adult, a chieftain, from her tone and the nervousness of the other humans at her approach.

"I am what is called a shaman in your tongue," Chuchu answers honestly. "And a Dreamwalker in mine. My Name is a peaceful one compared to the warriors and warrior-shamans of my people. Neither am I here to play, but to help. I know it is dangerous-dangerous here, and I know I may not survive the coming storm, but I accepted that on the journey to join you."

Makime

Post by Makime »

A bit of recognition came over the Lioness, an earlier conversation. Those watching something that, in all likelihood would shock the observers. She went to one knee to look the Nezumi in the eye.

"I know your name now. Chuchu," She spoke, "The shamans of my people believe you have knowledge that can help us in our struggle. And I do not believe it an easy task."

"My name is carried by a great many, some of my blood and others not. Beyond that there are a great many who do not carry my name or my blood." Makime held the Nezumi's gaze. "But all of them are in part my responsibility. My duty. My burden. You manner and nature brings to mind a child. And for that I am more burdened because I must ask you to do this, to help my people even as it endangers your own life. That you made the trip with such intent and understanding is a relief. Thank you."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Makime wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:13 am
Makime looks to the Crab, "I am aware of who you are. You have done good work so far. You are wrong though, it is not Shinsei but one of his students here now."

She notes the tone used with the Nezumi by the Crab, and really that a Crab's tone wasn't scornful when dealing with the Nezumi.

"I tried to maintain my reports as short and concise as possible. I predicted that Lady Makime would be looking for information rather than to critique my prose. I appreciate her words of encouragement," he answers calmly "I inferred such from the somewhat peaceful atmosphere or the unknown whereabouts of the Little Teacher."

"A Nezumi shaman, specially one as talented as young Chuchu will be of great assistance in our coming fight against Yume Jigoku," he nodded "And strangely fitting given the role played by one during the rescue of Hisomu no Kami"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Makime wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:45 am
"My name is carried by a great many, some of my blood and others not. Beyond that there are a great many who do not carry my name or my blood." Makime held the Nezumi's gaze. "But all of them are in part my responsibility. My duty. My burden. You manner and nature brings to mind a child. And for that I am more burdened because I must ask you to do this, to help my people even as it endangers your own life. That you made the trip with such intent and understanding is a relief. Thank you."
Chuchu nods. She understands the chieftain's duty to her people -- the weight of carrying all those you feel obligated to, of protecting them. "Of course, Makime-sama." A hand raises to gently touch the Lion's cheek. Her voice grows softer, comforting in a manner beyond her years. "I understand. Both our lives are bound to the needs of our people. To spend one's life protecting others is an act of great Name. Yours will be carried forward across generations to live far beyond your years."

The way she says that... it's almost a promise.
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:49 am
"A Nezumi shaman, specially one as talented as young Chuchu will be of great assistance in our coming fight against Yume Jigoku," he nodded "And strangely fitting given the role played by one during the rescue of Hisomu no Kami"
Her manner returns to its normal affect, and Chuchu pulls from Makime, cheeping happily at Naraku's praise. She really does just want to help.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

The Ratling speaking t Lady Makime did manage to draw Kenji's gaze for a few moments, though the little creature had seemed harmless enough when he had chatted with it earlier. So soon enough his eyes and attention turned away once again.

He didn't expect Shinsei to appear this afternoon, but you could never tell for certain.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:49 am
Akutou nods.

"By account, that weren't an easy fight," he says. "Either in Hell'r out o' it. An' there were resources then we ain't got now. I ain't th' O-Iemoto, f'r one.

"But then, didn't have quite th' same shenanigans goin' on then as now, neither. At least, as I've heard tell."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it