Ukyou

Re: Dawn Awakening [D3-D4, LN-EM, Event]

Post by Ukyou »

Ukyou couldn't do anything. Couldn't help the kid, who seemed like he was fighting this thing. Couldn't help the four he was beating on. Every time he breathed in, the air came with blood, and his exhalations were coughing. He couldn't even turn to the side to stop it. It kept him from focusing or breathing properly to use kiho.

Dammit, kid...

He felt his consciousness fading.
Monk • Mischievous • Likes Birds

Played by GM Canary

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

The archer took a shot, the arrow finding its mark in the mad monk.

---------------------
D4 fight ghost shoot for Sugri vp +1k1 | 10k6 ⇒ 31 (TN: 30)

D4 fight ghost shoot for Sugri damage | 5k3 ⇒ 24
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

The flames scorched across already burnt flesh and Sugri's arrow lodged itself firmly into his shoulder the monk hissed.

"the weakness of this flesh disgusts me. Could be more, you alll could be so much more." He flexed his hand experimentally, fingers sluggish to respond.

"Hey!" Came a shout as a guard in crude armor holding a spear approached.

"more trouble." Shinsei said simply before dashing away at a blinding speed the guard blocking his path went flying, crashing against a tree as the monk disappeared into the early morning light.

-------------------------
Combat finished thread open for rp
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

It wasn't Hoto-Hori that swooped down from the tree at lightning speed. It was a full blown ninetailed Kitsune, it's fox muzzle growling and showing teeth as it lifted up Ukyou's limp body and stared at the samurai who were still standing.

"MINE!" it snarled, before leaping off into the trees again.

/ooc You may try to follow if you wish, but Swift 3 is in use.
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Satsuki saw her opportunity to heal the bird-like monk as 'Shinsei' decided to flee, but the Imperial fox cut her off. "What the... Hey! Get back here! HOTO-HORI YOU... ARGH!"

Angrily, the priestess stomped her foot and rushed to Matsu's side. "Hang on, friend." The urgency she had commanded of the water kami earlier was gone now, and they meagerly bothered to answer her call.

-----------

D4 Dawn Awakening. Healing Matsu with Path to Inner Peace. +1k0 Dutiful Disciple. +1k0 Nadare's Insight. | 5k2 ⇒ 13 (TN: 10)

Matsu heals 3 Wounds...

Wounds: 14/15 (Healthy)

Earth slots: 1/3
Fire slots: 2/4
Void slots: 1/3
Water slots: 2/2
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Breathing hurt. Her whole body ached, even as she inwardly prayed to Bishamon to give her the strength to cut off the damn monk's head. Coughing made blood spurt from her lips.

Even that meager blessing from the water flowing through her eased that pain, and she could at least move more easily.

"Satsuki..." She whispered, offering a small smile. "Sorry he took me down..."

15/15 +0
6/6 +0
6/6 +2
6/6 +7
6/6 +12
4/6 +17 Crippled
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Togashi Satsuki

"Don't apologise. You probably saved our lives..." she murmured comfortingly as her bloodied hand rested on Matsu's forehead for a moment, surging forward the water-kami once more.

Beads of sweat formed on her forehead. It was taking a lot of willpower to bend those slippery little buggers to her will. As Matsu was out of danger of dying, she helped the Amazonian woman up to her feet, then went to check on Ayako.

It was beginning to hurt her own strength as she managed to squeeze out one more prayer to the water kami, but they answered her call at least.

------------

D4 EM. Path to Inner Peace for Matsu. +1k0 Dutiful Disciple, +1k0 Nadare's Insight | 5k2 ⇒ 18 (TN: 10)
Matsu heals another 8 Wounds.
Satsuki's wounds: 15/15 (Healthy)

D4 EM. Path to Inner Peace for Ayako (last slot). +1k0 Dutiful Disciple, +1k0 Nadare's Insight | 5k2 ⇒ 23 (TN: 10)
Ayako heals 13 Wounds.
Satsuki's wounds: 16/21 (Nicked, +3)
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

The bestial curse within him demanded that he hunt, that he kill, but he held on to his true self. Still, he did allow that instinct to focus on the trail of the fleeing monk. If the time did come to hunt he at least had the scent.

After Satsuki's magic had done its work Sugri checks on the Crab to see if she had awakened. If so he clasps her forearm and helps bring her to her feet (and give her a way to stay standing if honor and pride demanded it).

"You did good, all of you, that demon was beyond any of us individually but together you have it on the run. Victory may not be final, nor without cost, but it was still victory none the less. You honor those who have taught you and yourselves."

(Day 4, EM: Hunting/Perception - +4k0 Understanding | 8k3 ⇒ 35 - Not giving chase now but noting direction and trail before guards et al trample the scene)

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Togashi Satsuki

"And you too, Sugri. You were a great help too." He had been able to injure their opponent, after all.
Tyrus wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:40 pm
The flames scorched across already burnt flesh and Sugri's arrow lodged itself firmly into his shoulder the monk hissed.

"the weakness of this flesh disgusts me. Could be more, you alll could be so much more." He flexed his hand experimentally, fingers sluggish to respond.

"Hey!" Came a shout as a guard in crude armor holding a spear approached.

"more trouble." Shinsei said simply before dashing away at a blinding speed the guard blocking his path went flying, crashing against a tree as the monk disappeared into the early morning light.

-------------------------
Combat finished thread open for rp
(OOC: my reading comprehension has been terrible this scene >_<)

Having made sure her companions weren't dying, right away, Satsuki moved over to check the guard that Shinsei had knocked over.
Theme | Profile

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:44 pm
Having made sure her companions weren't dying, right away, Satsuki moved over to check the guard that Shinsei had knocked over.
The guard lay slumped against the tree unmoving upon closer inspection he appeared to be breathing, barely. The blow from shinsei had fractured his armor and the tree was damaged where he collided with it.
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Everything had gone black for Ayako after not-Shinsei’s fists struck her down.

Sometime later, the Crab warrior’s eyes cracked open after Satsuki’s magic took effect.

“Is….is this real?” Ayako croaked weakly.

Took 38-5 = 33 and 33-5 = 28 damage, void to reduce damage by 10.
Wounds 85/92 (Out) after not-Shinsei’s attack
Satsuki healed 13 wounds
Wounds 72/92 (Crippled) after healing
Last edited by Yoshitsune Ayako on Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Sugri helps steady the Crab after helping her to her feet, "It is real. You did well - the enemy has fled."

Togashi Satsuki

Damnit, she wouldn't be able to do much for this poor guy. Removing his armor would be bad, but she removed her outer layer of clothing to tie around him firmly as a temporary support. It wasn't much, but it could help stabilise him to be moved. Even if she still had her trousers and inner-layer on, her tattoos were now fully visible; a dragon coiling down her arm, and a crane in flight across her collarbone.

"Sugri, you're not a physician or healer by chance?" she asked, standing up briefly to look at him. "This poor guard... I won't be able to do anything for him now. Best I can do is help him to a medic."

-----

D4 Dawn Awakening. Untrained Medicine to not make things worse for this poor guy (not healing, just making sure he doesn't die from being moved or carried). | 4k4 ⇒ 25
Theme | Profile

Yoshitsune Ayako

Ayako tried to refuse Sugri's assistance for a moment, before relenting after deciding that standing up, even with help, was more dignified.

"The enemy fled?" Ayako asked. She rubbed her jawline, where a massive purple bruise had formed. "Thank the fortunes. Umm.... just to be clear ... what did the enemy look like to you? I remember fighting someone ... something that looked like Shinsei."

"But he was no gentle teacher."

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:54 pm
Damnit, she wouldn't be able to do much for this poor guy. Removing his armor would be bad, but she removed her outer layer of clothing to tie around him firmly as a temporary support. It wasn't much, but it could help stabilise him to be moved. Even if she still had her trousers and inner-layer on, her tattoos were now fully visible; a dragon coiling down her arm, and a crane in flight across her collarbone.

"Sugri, you're not a physician or healer by chance?" she asked, standing up briefly to look at him. "This poor guard... I won't be able to do anything for him now. Best I can do is help him to a medic."

-----

D4 Dawn Awakening. Untrained Medicine to not make things worse for this poor guy (not healing, just making sure he doesn't die from being moved or carried). | 4k4 ⇒ 25
"I know a little of medicine but I do not have any supplies with me and a proper healer is likely the better for him."

(Technically skilled but no medicine kit and only a 4k3 roll even if I did)

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:57 pm
Ayako tried to refuse Sugri's assistance for a moment, before relenting after deciding that standing up, even with help, was more dignified.

"The enemy fled?" Ayako asked. She rubbed her jawline, where a massive purple bruise had formed. "Thank the fortunes. Umm.... just to be clear ... what did the enemy look like to you? I remember fighting someone ... something that looked like Shinsei."

"But he was no gentle teacher."
He nods, "Your eyes did not deceive you. It was Shinsei... well it was Shinsei's body. It seemed he was still in there, at least in part, and fighting against whatever has taken his mind. I do not know if it is madness, curse, or possession though given all that has happened I would guess the latter."

Yoshitsune Ayako

Sugri wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:06 pm
He nods, "Your eyes did not deceive you. It was Shinsei... well it was Shinsei's body. It seemed he was still in there, at least in part, and fighting against whatever has taken his mind. I do not know if it is madness, curse, or possession though given all that has happened I would guess the latter."
"I saw... a thing that looked like me, in a dream last night," Ayako said weakly. "Or was it a dream? I'm ... I'm not really sure any more. But it looked like me, and it was evil."

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:09 pm
"I saw... a thing that looked like me, in a dream last night," Ayako said weakly. "Or was it a dream? I'm ... I'm not really sure any more. But it looked like me, and it was evil."
"There was at least one demon prowling last night though it did not look like you, nor me nor Shinsei, but something twisted and elongated with fingers like the fangs of snakes. It vanished when I spotted it and I could find no trace after. It seems there may have been many such creatures or that they could be in many places. But Shinsei did not vanish when he fled, though his speed was faster than I could ever have imagined, he left a physical trail."

Yoshitsune Ayako

Sugri wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:14 pm
"There was at least one demon prowling last night though it did not look like you, nor me nor Shinsei, but something twisted and elongated with fingers like the fangs of snakes. It vanished when I spotted it and I could find no trace after. It seems there may have been many such creatures or that they could be in many places. But Shinsei did not vanish when he fled, though his speed was faster than I could ever have imagined, he left a physical trail."
"We should warn people ... he attacked us for no reason, he's dangerous to everyone." Agitated, she coughed blood.

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Matsu slowly climbed to her feet. Satsuki had taken care of the worst of her wounds. The Amazonian braced herself on the hilt of her bisento. Moving to speak with the others, she did more listening than anything.

"I saw some thing escaping my tent last night that matched that description." Her eyes darting around, "demonfuckery is afoot." Then nodding to Ayako.

"Threats all about. To keep silent on this is madness."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Togashi Satsuki

"Demons and shadows in the night. This place grows cozier by the hour..." It had felt like a trap the first day here, and now she felt more certain than ever that they had been lured here somehow.

"We are not going after him now," Satsuki said sternly, probably overstepping a bit with Matsu here who was technically the ranking commander here. "It's way too dangerous, considering our current situation. A search-party on the other hand should be started though, and people should be notified to be aware. And some of us should go after Hoto-Hori and Ukyo as well, to see what's going on there - I don't think they are hostile, but I can't say for certain after what just happened."

With a sigh, she very carefully lifted the unconscious guardsman to carry him on her back. Ugh. I shouldn't have skipped leg day. Or back day. "I'll get this guy to the local healer. The rest of you might want to see to the healers at camp, yeah? Probably best we don't overload the local guy."
Theme | Profile