Isawa Kyosei

To wash away the mud (D4, EE, open)

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

After his little... discussion... in the garden, Kyosei found the bathhouse. It took longer than it probably would for most to wash the mud off him. That's what happened when you knelt in the mud, walked around in the mud, and actually merged with the mud a bit.

It was only once that was done that he finally moved to the soaking area under the roof. He loved the earth, and it's spirit, but he also appreciated being clean and warm.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Yoshitsune Ayako

Re: To wash away the mud (D4, EE, open)

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

A short young woman with a tidy black ponytail cleansed herself in one of the side pools, before donning a plain blue robe and sitting down for a brief prayer to focus herself. Afterwards, she rose to her feet and approached the main bathing area.

Offering a respectful bow to Kyosei, the woman said politely, “Please excuse the intrusion,” before removing her robe and easing herself into the hot water. Her body was compact and solid, but her midsection could be seen to be covered in a pattern of overlapping yellow and purplish bruises, before they became obscured by the water.

The woman let out a soft “ahh” of relief as the hot water enveloped her aching body.

4EE Meditate for void recovery, Void/Meditation TN20 | 7k4 ⇒ 25 (TN: 20)
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"No need to apologize. It is a public bath, open to all. Oh, I'm Kyosei, of the Isawa, well, I guess we're not really a tribe anymore."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Yoshitsune Ayako

"I'm called Yoshitsune Ayako," the woman replied, bowing her head to be as polite as possible while still soaking in the hot water. "Of the Crab Clan. I've heard of the Isawa, though you're the first one I've met; aren't you among the direct followers of the Emperor?"

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Aahhhh. Hmm? Yes, I suppose we are. But, at least at my level, not that close. I oversee a mine, formerly for my sensei, then for my tribe with his passing, and I suppose now for the Emperor, but it is only one mine among many."

Yoshitsune Ayako

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:20 am
"Aahhhh. Hmm? Yes, I suppose we are. But, at least at my level, not that close. I oversee a mine, formerly for my sensei, then for my tribe with his passing, and I suppose now for the Emperor, but it is only one mine among many."
"Oh, I see," Ayako said conversationally. "Is your mine close by to Blue Lotus Village, then? What do you mine there?"

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"My mine is in traditional Isawa lands, in the mountains to the north. It produces silver, along with other metals - no gold, but brass, tin, the like. And I was trying to travel to Small Lotus village, with some badly needed supplies, which should have been nearby, but I broke the wheel of my wagon. I had a spare, of course, but a few miles down the road, that broke. Now, I knew I had a long journey ahead of me, in potentially bad weather, so I had brought another spare. When that one broke, I was frustrated. Took me a couple days to jury-rig one that would work. And, I think I messed it up, and got on the wrong track. And ended up here."

Yoshitsune Ayako

"That must've been difficult," Ayako commiserated. "Between the fog and the rain and the... uh, attacks... probably best you stay here in the village until the festival is over. Did you end up finding someone to fix your wheel, at least? I've no idea if Blue Lotus Village has a proper wheelwright, but I could maybe ask around?"

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"Not as yet. Now that I'm in a village with some seasoned wood, with enough time, even I might be able to fix a proper one. At least, good enough to make it to the nearest proper town." He looks closer at her. "Attacks? What attacks?"

Yoshitsune Ayako

"You hadn't heard? A couple days ago some kind of ... unnatural wolves attacked the outlying farmhouses," Ayako said. "And just this morning, some kind of evil spirit possessed the revered monk, Shinsei, and caused him to go on a rampage." The Crab rubbed her bruised jaw at the memory of this.

"It's perhaps best to take some care if you find yourself in the outskirts of the village," she concluded.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"I... well, I'm camped with some others, but have mostly strayed only between there and this village. Though, I've heard that there is a shrine I was thinking of investigating..."

Yoshitsune Ayako

"I've heard that the village has a shrine, but I haven't been able to find it," Ayako admitted ruefully. "I think the fog here plays tricks with one's sense of direction. Maybe someone doesn't want us to go there... but maybe that just means the shrine is actually really important."

She shrugged at this. "I'm only guessing," she admitted. "It's hard to know for sure."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"So, you are basically living life. Not knowing for sure, but doing a lot of guessing!"

Yoshitsune Ayako

"That's the best any of us can do," Ayako said with a wry smile. "Hopefully, it will be good enough!"

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

"I do truly hope so. Ahhh. Well, I think I am suitably warmed up now. I bid you a good day! I must continue, and see that my pony gets it's evening meal." He starts to gather himself to leave the warm water enveloping the pair.