Nanzi Ai

Re: [Day 3 - EN] Karma Police

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Art and gardening can be done anywhere, Ryoshun-san," she said warmly. "You are already well mannered, and art... well there is the Crane ideal and what we expect of outsiders."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Oh." She felt that the emphasis probably meant something, but could not decide what.

"Well, I guess I do not know what qualifies as art. Music, I know, but smithing, maybe?"
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Yes," she said warmly. "Art is just an expression of emotion and creation; something that moves the heart and soul."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara contemplated that quietly for a moment. "Is philosophy art? I loved to hear my master teach me about the world. The way the small elements combine into a single system - a wheel of life encompassing all things."

Her expression took on a wistful quality, "How there is more to the world than you first see, there is always more to learn... That brings me joy."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Not exactly, philosophy is a way of thinking and being, understanding the metaphysics of creation. Art is not attached to a way of seeing or being in this world. From clothing, to pictures, music... even dance? Art comes in many forms, it is nearly limitless," she responded warmly.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"I see."

Yukara did not see.

"So art is... a pleasing thing that does not enlighten, merely pleases. Like a good cup of sake."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"No and yes, it can enlighten but enlightenment is not the purpose. The artists creates, the observer takes in the piece and sometimes takes away the intent of the piece, sometimes they create their own purpose," she responded.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Hmmm."

She pondered it, floating and soaking... and still not entirely getting it.

"Do you have any art here? Something I could see? Perhaps tomorrow? It sounds like a tangible thing, at least sometimes."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Art is everywhere, you experienced it at the party," she said with mild confusion.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Ah... so it is an intangible thing."

She mulled that over. "I suppose that makes more sense. I simply did not understand how one had a contest of dance, as example. Or between two jars, how one determines one is better art, rather than simply a sturdier container for water. I was seeking a tangible, which was a pointless endeavor."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Art is subjective, there can be objective ideals for aesthetics but one's admiration of it is a personal journey," she responded. "We won't always agree what is best or worthwhile, but if we feel moved or give it thought then art has succeeded."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara pondered that, sinking deep enough to blow some bubbles.

Surfacing, she offered, "It seems to at least share some things with the pursuit of enlightenment. The seeker brings their own contribution to the journey."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Perhaps that is so, I have never cared much for monastic pursuits but the comparison sounds apt," she responded. "I think you are making art more complicated than it is."

"Even the bubbles you made could be art, and in fact fleeting forms of artistic pursuits are often quite enjoyable."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara blew a few more, and then rose so her chin cleared the water properly, gazing over at Ai. "I think I understand a little. You could also say that those bubbles are part of the search for enlightenment. They are a part of the world - a strange union of air and water. Puzzling that mystery gives me enjoyment in its own way. I hope when this is over, we will be free to go and see the wonders of your home."

Rising, the pale, thin woman appeared almost ethereal, her amber eyes framed by locks of long black hair, and a lopsided smile spread across her features. "For now, I think I may be able to dream good dreams, of far off lands. I feel I should try, if only to have done my best to prepare for whatever the morrow may bring. I thank you for your insights, Nanzi-sam."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Sleep well, Ryoshun-san," she responded.