Otomo Akutou

Re: D1EE, Gotta Pretty Up (Open)

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Ki-rin lands're mostly grassland, right?" Akutou asks. "Th' Otaku I talked to yesterday called 'em steppes.

"Ain't ever got up that way, m'self."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"They're beautiful, the way all of the lands of the Empire manage to be. Different from the Stag lands, of course, but I've found something to appreciate almost everywhere I've gone."

The apocalyptic vistas of the lands corrupted by Jigoku and the heart of the Realm of Evil were outliers, of course.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Sounds nice."

Akutou considers

"What place other'n home's your favorite?"
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"It may sound trite, but wherever I have family or friends to talk with. Parting with friends is a sadness- a place is just a place."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Heard that from a fair number o' folks, too," Akutou says.

"Good t' have family t' come home to, I guess."

He shrugs.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"It's what turned me from a mangy killer into the picture of refinement I am today."

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Another snort of a laugh.

"Can't say as it's easy thinkin' o' a man o' your stature havin' mange! I b'lieve you, mind, but it's a strange thing t' think."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Before I came down from the mountains, Otomo-san, I was, hard as it is to believe, not the man I am now."

He sighed and settled a little deeper into the water.

"The changes have been entirely for the better."

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"I've heard more'n a few folks say so," Akutou says. "Not 'bout you, in p'tic'lar, but 'bout how things were afore the Kami came. But I've heard folks talk 'bout how folks're too soft, now, too, an' how things aren't s' good as they used t' be.

"Can't help bein' born when you're born, right? But there's certainly some feelin' o' missed opportunity about."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"It's not like the Boss has thrown out everything that came before. There was a chance, you know- if one of the other siblings had prevailed- that it would have gone that way, but... the good stuff has mostly been maintained. And far as people going soft...."

He snickered.

"Take it froma former Hikaru, we thought all you flatlanders were soft back in the old days, and where are the Hikaru now?"

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"In th' Imperial Libraries an' married to Kami," Akutou replies. "At least some o' y'all.

"But there's some comfort in what y' say. I 'preciate it."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Just saying. Old fuckers like me always talk about kids these days. We were doing it back in the mountains when I was a boy- 'oh, this winter's nothing, you should have seen the one where Okko froze solid walking outside to take a piss,' that sort of thing."

He shrugged.

"We're always wrong. People aren't soft, they're different."

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou nods and pauses a moment.

Then he grins.

"So, did Okko freeze solid goin' out t' piss?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I don't know, I was maybe six years of age when I heard the story. Seems unlikely, but so do a lot of things that happen."

Carries:

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

A newcomer arrived at the bath.

It seemed it was a woman. Scrawny, wrapped in a rough robe, Yukara had decided she really should be clean.

It was easy enough to wash off, even if it was uncomfortably hot, but now she came to the pools... the water bubbling and moving...

She gazed at it with a stubborn look, as if staring down a wild creature, and for a long moment not even noticing the two men, before finally slipping into the water up to her waist, then her neck. Yes, her robe was soaked, but she seemed oblivious to such - focused purely on her private victory over the pool, whatever that was.

Then she glanced over, and offered a chagrined smile.

"Hello sirs. I did not realize you were there."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"And here I wasn't even trying to be sneaky. I'm Jiyo Sora, Resident Codger, and this is Otomo Akutou."

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou gestures as if to tip his hat and seems almost surprised not to find it there.

"Ma'am," he says.

Might could be it's just a diff'rent custom in this part o' th' world, he thinks. But that's like t' cause a prob'em later.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Ah. Hello Jiyo Sora, Resident Codger, and Otomo Akutou."

She shifted, wrapping the robe a little tighter, even underwater, and then gave a contented sigh as the heat eased knotted muscles.

"I am Ryoshun Yukara."

Scratching the bridge of her nose, she continued, "I did not mean to interrupt your conversation. I just thought I should clean up after a few weeks on the road. Did you both travel far?"
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Today, ma'am? No."

Akutou shakes his head.

"Came t' town yesterday. Had a long walk f'm Stag lands, though there was a riverboat made it a fair bit easier."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"A riverboat? That sounds dangerous."

She shuddered.

"You must be very daring, Otomo Akutou."