Shiba Kumori

Re: Out of the Fire into the Hotpot (D2, ME)

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She was sure there were words in there that she should know… but somehow they didn’t go in like the normal words.

“It takes quite a while to get all the way down there. I went as a kid a time or two. Lots of land to explore…” She replied with a smile.

“And it’s… destiny that calls you up here now? Or traveling with the ‘young lord’?”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Neither, ma'am," Akutou replies. "At least, not overtly.

"I'm given t' understand that many o' th' folks who're here got some summons fr'm Shinsei hisself. But as f'r me, I got tol' t' come up here by th' O-Iemoto, whom I'm purty sure at this point ain't also up here. Ended up goin' independently of th' Young Lord."

He pauses.

"I's tol' that's one way t' refer t' Hantei Genji. Makes it easier t' keep straight which Hantei it is when there's more'n one about, an' there's more'n one about."

Akutou rolls his head, his neck popping audibly and repeatedly.

"I s'pose a body might call it destiny as has me here, dependin' on how a body regards that quality. But I tend t' leave philosophisin' t' others as have better heads f'r it."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I share your stance on philosophical talk Otomo-san.” She replied.

“I don’t have the… let’s call it intelligence… to muse about what every tiny thing might mean or not mean. I’m much more the type to follow my gut and deal with the trouble I find myself in.” She said.

“Were you born into the Stag? It sounds like you’re fairly close with the O-iemoto.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"I were born an Otomo, yes'm," Akutou replies. "An' that were after th' Kami came an th' Emperor enthroned, s' that means I were born Stag.

"When I was younger, I managed t' pick th' O-Iemoto's pocket, somethin' that most folks can't pull off. He took a shine t' me, an' th' Otomo were happy t' have me go t' his teachin'."

He nods, smiling slightly. "Gave me a place, taught me well, even if I ain't th' best student. Can't help but hold 'im in high regard."

The smile falls. "Might could be here I can do somethin' suitable t' what I've been given."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“It’s a good man who remembers his debts and tries to honor them the best he can.” She said with warming affection in her voice.

“I don’t have a clan, but this empire the kami have set up has given me everything I’ve had… It’s where my family is and all the people I care for live. Givin’ back is the only thing that feels right.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"An' that's what's got y' here, then, ma'am?" Akutou asks. "That chance t' give back?"

He grins, humor returning. "Or's it just the exceptional quality o' th' baths an' food?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She nodded, “Yeah… the chance to fight for everything that people have sacrificed for… To prove that their efforts matter. And that us young idiots were actually listening…”

She smiled, “At least part of the time.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou snorts a laugh.

"There're enough as wouldn't b'lieve it e'en if y' popped 'em in th' face wi' it! 'Kids these days're too soft, have ev'rythin' handed to 'em. Back in my day,' an' all."

He shakes his head.

"O' course, things're diff'rent now than then. But ain't that always th' case?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Things are better… And I hope they keep getting better.”

She said with an nod of her head.

“And I think even the most bull-headed of the older generation agrees with that.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"What's 'better' look like in your mind, ma'am?" Akutou asks, leaning forward slightly.

He rolls his shoulders, loosening them.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Better is a lot of things… Better options, better food, better booze, better songs, better company…” She said as she leaned back a bit against the rocks.

“I’ve never been a big fan of rules… but better ones than people use to have is nice. Helps keep people safe, happy… fulfilled. And better people… running the show as it were… Helps us to know when to change some rules and how to do it right.” She replied.

“We don’t sacrifice babies anymore… or do any other of crazy ass shit that some people did… People will think that we’re probably pretty crazy too one day… But I like adaptability. And the people running the show at the top… Appear to be willing to listen.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou nods.

"Makes a body wonder how many'll keep fightin' f'r their old ways an' such."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“The stream wears down even the biggest stone…” She replied.

She smiled slightly as she remembered her twin knocked onto her butt with a bokken on the ground… She standing proudly above her Earth-bound sister.

“Time will change things… Always does.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"I don't think you're wrong," Akutou replies. "Don't know that a body c'n always wait, though."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Whatdya mean?” She asked with a tone of curiosity.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Well," Akutou replies. "Y' say time makes things change, an' it does, but on its own, it don't necessarily do so quick-like. Sometimes, though, a body needs a change to come tout suite. Can't just sit an' wait f'r th' world t' change. At least, not an' enjoy any o' what comes after."

He shrugs.

"Seems that way, anyway. I might could be wrong."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Nah… I think you’re right. Sometimes things gotta move faster rather than slower. It’s up to good leaders to know when to do that…” She said.

She then looked over to him with a warm and playful smile.

“If you could change one thing… Emperor for a day! What do you choose?”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Huh?"

Akutou sits back, surprised.

"Can't say as I've though 'bout that," he says. "I ain't exactly cut fr'm the right cloth f'r th' Imperial Dignity."

A snort of laughter again.

"But I might could see about lookin' outward more," he continues. "Borders need mindin', but bein' open t' what's on t' other side of 'em's important. Like wi' th' Nezumi. I know there were problems a few years back, but th' Stag get on with 'em right good, an' I think both sides've been th' better f'r it."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She smiled, “You’d be surprised the types of people in the highest bits of ‘dignity’. If you’re on this rock… you’re human. They let that Sora dude watch over the emperor’s kids when they were babies.”

She then repositioned herself in the bath a bit, “So you’re a fan of the Nezumi? I’ve met a couple myself… Interesting lot. I hear they’ve been helping some of your… associates out learning how to sail. You a sailor yourself? Or more of a land explorer?”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou closes his eyes for a moment, draws a breath, holds it, and releases it slowly.

"I'm no sailor," he says. "But, yes'm, th' Nezumi've been of help t' th' Otomo an' th' Stag f'r sailin'. An' they've been helpful on land, too. Some foragin' an' some cultivatin' we'd not be doin' exceptin' they showed us what t' look f'r an' how t' do it."