Reiko Ohta

Re: (Day 3, MM) - Safe Water Soothes [open]

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Iiiinteresting... I wonder how it differs inside..."

Ohta half talks to herself, a hand coming out of the water to rub her chin thoughtfully.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Well, if I'm ever done using it, perhaps someone will take a look..."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"...hm? Done using...?"

Ohta sank into the water, up to her chin.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?"
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"As my talents do not extend to mind reading, I fear it is so."

His tone was leaden with the pretense of gravity.

"And thus, your request is a matter of Imperial record."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta sunk lower until the water was up to the bottom of her nose, looking at Sora ashamed. Then she kicks him under the water without saying anything. This seems to make her feel better and she sits back up. Or maybe it's because she didn't want to get her hair wet again.

"...this water is quite hot. Compared to what I'm used to. It's kind of nice."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

At the kick he adopted an expression of total innocence.

"We had some onsen nearly this hot in the Spine of the World, but I agree, it's pleasant. Shinjo had to build a bath-house we fired with wood for the Tournament of the Kami, and that was fine, but this is definitely a step up."

Carries:

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"It's hard to beat a nice, natural bath. It helps you forget your worries, no pun intended for the water around here."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I wonder about that... I suppose Hisomu-san is looking into it?"

Carries:

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Mmmm. As well as Otaku-sama and Togashi-sama. I was out checking out the river and fields with them yesterday. I won't put myself in too much risk, but a few experiments and searches seem like a start. Same reason I ran into you out in the cemetery. Though I'm starting to think heading out on my own isn't something I should do any longer."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I'm inclined to agree. Having a friend on hand is good security- both physically, and emotionally. And given what we're facing..."

Carries:

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"What ARE we facing though? I mean, spooky fog and cursed water are creepy and all, and those restless spirits we heard in the graveyard something else. But do we actually have things that are DANGEROUS to us around the village here? Is it unsafe to be out in the woods or fields? I've heard the rumors of aggressive wolves, but it still mostly seems peaceful around here, despite the spiritual imbalances."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"If Shinsei warned us against paranoia and division, then safe to say there are forces working to make sure we are paranoid and divided, Reiko-san. And they might be as obliging as some twisted wolves attacking openly."

He frowned.

"The journey South had its share of veiled threat, as well."

Carries:

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"That is all true."

Ohta stopped talking and finally sat up a little, the water moving to her shoulders as she sat up straight and thought.

"...I suppose I should keep that all in mind. Hopefully with good sleep and taking care of myself. I think this is all more than just dividing and paranoia. Maybe I need to develop a routine while I'm here to make sure I'm taking care of myself."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Something even the most dutiful samurai must keep in mind, Reiko-san- we need to be in condition to be of service. So a regimen to keep you at your best is a good idea."

He chuckled.

"Even if sleep presents certain... difficulties at present."

Carries:

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I was about to say... I think I've seen more yawns out of you than anything else. Though I figured maybe that was age related..."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Oh, I slept quite well last night, actually, but... things were... unusual."

Carries:

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I suppose if nothing else, I don't think sleep will ever be 'normal' until all this business is over. That dark realm of dreams wouldn't have it any other way I imagine."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Well. Yume-Do is still there, it's just being encroached upon. But yes, the Realm of Nightmares is... as insistent of its strength as any adolescent."

Carries:

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Mmmm..."

Ohta nodded... then yawned. The past couple days of sleep had been stressful indeed, and the hot water...

"I think I'll call it for now, personally. Between that odd sleep and this hot water and a larger breakfast than normal, I think this all is going to put me right back to sleep if I don't get out, Jiro-sama."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Well. Can't have that. Reiko-sensei would never forgive me if I let one of her family drown..."

He sighed.

"I'm going to stay a while longer yet. If you live long enough, Reiko-san, you'll find yourself with aches in muscles you didn't know you had..."

Carries: