Nanzi Ai

Re: [Day 4 - EM] I Might Be Wrong

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"It's fascinating even if I know nothing of healing and medicine I have great respect for those that do. To help people recover from illness and injuries is a most noble role," she said warmly.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta nodded.

"I do sometimes wonder with some people; The way the spirits and prayers can heal people and help soothe their minds is amazing, and in recent years some people seem more reluctant to handle healing that relies on such mundane things as bandages and splints and herbs. They'd rather trust in the heavens, where one doesn't need to worry about things like cleaning wounds, overdosing on medications, touching injuries... I never had my mother's talent with prayers; The elements are a mystery, and I admit my constitution does not suit me to blood rituals. But she encouraged me nevertheless."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“While the Spirits are to be praised for their skill at healing not everyone has access to such magic. The world will always need healers and bandages and other things I am not proficient enough to understand.”

She added, “In fact they should work in concert together for the best of both worlds. But this is far outside my wheelhouse so I apologize if my ignorance betrays me.”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta shook her head, "No, it's a good ideal. One I strive for myself. I'm happy to hear such from someone else's mouth."

It was still early and the Spider woman hid a small yawn behind a hand politely before sitting up more straight and leaning back, looking at the sky.

"...the sound of rain on a roof always relaxes me..."
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Relaxing... I am not sure I have had the chance since I arrived, even dreaming is a tense affair," she admitted.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Mmmmm... that is certainly the case. Eating, sleeping, enjoying the festivities... I can't think of any reason I would need to hold back enjoying the sound of rain though and some company. Even if I'm sure the weather might be messing with some peoples' plans for the morning."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Deception is a key weapon of the enemy, false promises... but worse than that is self-deception the lies we tell ourselves to smooth over the issues we choose not face in the moment. But... yes... you're right as well," she admitted.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta tried to not think of the deceptions for the moment; She was genuinely a bit tired, and the sound of the rain really was relaxing her. It was one of the more relaxing moments she'd had since coming to the village, really.

Letting the silence between them play for a few minutes after Ai finished, Ohta only spoke up again after her body felt totally lucid from the scalding water, "Well, all the more reason to have this nice morning bath then; Drive away any tiredness, calm the mind, get ready for the day. A stressed, tired mind is much easier to deceive I think."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Yes, we need to find moments of respite or we will be wound so tight that any amount of stress will shatter our calm and nerves," she admitted.

"Even my Grandmother rests when she retires beyond the horizon."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Makes me wish the village had a massage house. That always felt great after a long time out in the field."

Ohta chuckled to herself and stretched her arms over her head.

"It's something I'd love to learn to do myself one day, just like mindfulness and meditation. I've kept myself so busy though."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Massages seems so unseemly with all of the physical contact and oils," she replied warily.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Mmmm... it's no difference than any other way of taking care of the body. One cannot bandage a wound without touching the body. There are ways to minimize such things of course; You don't need oils for instance, or to touch directly. Gloves or leaving one's clothing on work. There are also tools one can use like tsubo-oshi or massage eggs or such. I do get it though, as a physician; There's little point in making a patient's body comfortable while hurting their mind."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She bowed her head and said, "Forgive my ignorance then, I was not aware that such things existed."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Ah. Well, like I said before, I probably know more than most only out of professional interest. Then again..."

She shrugged.

"Perhaps I'm talking things up BECAUSE of that interest. There are obviously other ways to relax one's mind and body, like exercise and training. Or hot water of course."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I prefer a warm bath, tea... or training with my blade," she said wistfully. "I suppose those are rather pedestrian compared to what you just described."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I don't think so myself; I just wish I felt more relief from training with my blade or tea. Warm baths though..."

Ohta sighed and stood, "I do agree with that part, though this is certainly more a hot bath than warm. Quite hot indeed. So probably enough time. If you're to stay yourself, I shall wish you a good day and go get ready for my own."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Thank you for the brief education, Reiko-san, it was wonderful and apologies if I ruined your relaxation time," she said warmly.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

A slight blush touched Ohta's cheeks and she bowed slightly, "Not in the slightest. I like having someone to talk to, voice my thoughts."

Growing up an only child, she always appreciated chances like that. For now though, she'd gotten thoughts out and it was time to start the day with those laundered. Climbing out of the pool, Ohta grabbed her neatly folded towel, "Please enjoy the rest of your morning, Nanzi-sama."

And with that, she was off to change.

[[/exit and thanks for the scene!]]