Hiruma Naraku

Re: Soaking at last [D4 LA]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"...but it is the best chance we have of bringing them into fight."

He smiles

"It might be a long shot but can we really afford not taking it?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"It would need to be done properly... what are the broad strokes, what would be needed?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"The only thing that can bring down a dream. Stories, tales, folk that bounds it to the land. What is not folklore but rather dreams that passed from mouth to mouth?"

He snorted

"It is esoteric to say the least, but what else would ground a dream than a tale of said dream?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Sounds like we need to consult that madwoman Kai. She's always on about stories and symbols..."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"She is essential for this plan to work. The ritual speaks of the four guardians and she is, without doubt, the White Tiger of the West."

He lifts his chin to the ceiling.

"Now we just need to find the Azure Dragon of the West, the Black Tortoise of the North and the Red Phoenix of the South."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Or suitable stand-ins. She ranted at me about it for a bit. Mentioned that we'd turnd the ortoise into a Crab, for example."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Well Lady Anjing was alive when the Crab still were blessed by the ocean. And her life is long and storied."

He looks at him

"You also seem to fit the role of the Red Phoenix of the South. Your life is as long and storied, if not more, than Lady Anjing's. Didn't you head into the literal pit of hell to rescue a God?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I'm no symbol, Naraku-san. My story is... long, and complex, and has embraced many things."

He chuckled.

"But Shiba Kumori-sama? I think she might have it in her to be a... Vermilion Bird or whatever it was Kai was talking about."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"You sound like my father. A bit more verbose, but still like him. He'd just glared at me with the disappointment that only a father can show."

He thought about Kumori.

"She does care about people. That is an important trait for a leader to have. It is easy to be amicable and kind to those who are high in the social ladder but showing that same kindness to those that have nothing they can offer? Now that is much harder and one of the best traits a leader can have."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"It's why I swore myself to her father. And why, if I'm still alive, I will swear myself to whichever of the five daughters follows him."

He snorted.

"Whatever use they'd have for me by then, of course."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Thinking about retiring after all of this? Becoming a monk and sharing your wisdom?"

He laughed, enjoying the peaceful reprieve after such an awful day.

"I don't know why I can't imagine you as a monk. Not my father for that matter. I think when my father decides to return he will simply head towards the north to explore. Die with his boots on"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I'd make a lousy monk. But I could see closing my life out working on my calligraphy or sorting scrolls. Shuffling around the library. Strategically re-shelving some Clan histories as fiction. Teaching my grandchildren to torment my children once I'm gone..."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Ah yes the great shuffling. Why have armies when we can have the power of tales?"

He laughed.

"I'd like to visit the libraries one day and just read. Hell I'd like to visit the rest of the Empire. I'm in my twenties and I have only seen as far as this village. I know the Hiruma lands by heart but other than that? Nothing"

He looks at the water

"I want to see the ocean. That big saltwater lake. Want to see if it's that impressive."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"It is, Naraku-san. It's... it seems boundless. Both its expanse and its depth. I'm no great sailor- spent my one noteworthy sea voyage being sick over the after-rail, but... it should be seen."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"And the animals? Is it true that there are great grey leviathans that breech the water and spout water as they do so? And sea fish does it taste like river carp?"

Naraku seemed to be positively giddy up about knowing more about the ocean

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Whales. They're... huge, yes. Beautiful. But also unnervingly massive. And... well. Carp doesn;t taste the same as trout, and so on. The ocean's fish are no different."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I'll visit it after all of this. I want to see it."

He relaxed and sunk slightly.

"Maybe visit the Crane lands... I hear they're beautiful."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"If you can stand all of the Crane."

He was plainly joking. Probably.

"But yes, their lands are beautiful. But if you want to know the truth, Naraku-san... all the lands of the Empire have some beauty to call their own."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I guess the question is more if they can stand me."

He laughed before giving a nod of agreement to the words of the Phoenix.

"I agree. There is so much to see, so many people to meet. I really want to see it all."

He paused before he snorted

"A few days ago I would have rolled my eyes if someone had said what I just said. Guess this village can enact positive change."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Hope for you yet, kid."

Sora dipped deeper into the pool.

"It's a big beautiful world out there, might as well go and see."

Carries: