Ryoshun Yukara

Re: (Day 6, LA) Cat Soup - Open

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Wait... you know a spirit?"

Yukara perked up.

"Do you think I could talk to them?"
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I know a few spirits, but for the sake of your questions... the most relevant of them have both been around here, but rather scarce of late. I'll set up an introduction if I can.... and if I can't.... come visit the Capital when we're done here."

[OOC: Because we seem to have lost Hoto-Hori to Irl-no-Oni, and not sure how much GM bandwidth for Ukyou I want to steal :lol: ]
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"I see."

She sighed.

"I suppose I am not very subtle in my reasons why."

Gazing at the water, she murmured, "Have you ever been sure you knew who you were, and then had that utterly changed? I feel it has happened to me more than once just this last week."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Oh, a few times. When I met the Boss. When he entrusted me with his children. When I saw the Nezumi libraries. When Kinyoubi proposed to me. When Shirayuki and Phi were born. Those changes felt... intense. I can only imagine your own.... situation."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

She chuckled. "I imagine some of those are more impactful than my own, but I am still... at a bit of a loss."

With a faint sigh she spread her arms out on the edge of the pool, and as they left her sight, once more they transformed, fingers ending in jade claws.

It seemed her body was actively pranking her.

"I had a strange dream - I thought I spoke with my grandmother. She was... not necessarily human."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"A grandmother is more than close enough, Ryoshun-san. What do you know of your grandparents?"

Carries:

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Not a great deal, I never met them. I do know my grandmother was... well, Bakeneko. Apparently she loved my grandfather more than her immortality - she grew old and died alongside him, my father told me."

She sighed. "I thought I only inherited the eyes, but when my arm was healed I had... a conversation of sorts. She directed my thoughts to show me I could be more than I thought... more than I was. Ever since I keep wondering if it was my imagination, or if I really could change. So far I have not seen anything out of the ordinary, beyond having an arm I did not have a few days ago."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Certainly unusual, but... I've seen plenty of strange things in my time. Towering shiny people fallen from Tengoku, the sun standing still in the sky for long enough it threw me off of my sleep. Rat-people with a civilization older and more refined than ours, Lady Shinjo turning into a Ki-Rin, my old friend Koyama turning into a dragon to fight a demon, one Kami freeing another from Jigoku- a portal to the Realm of Evil being sealed with the borrowed Name of HIsomu, a woman wedded to a dead Kami and having his children. I've seen a wooden statue of a Nezumi turn into a magical thing, capable of enabling communication across vast distances. I've seen that same Nezumi's fur change color as his Name changed. So."

He crooked a smile at her.

"I would say your good fortune in the wake of such misfortune doesn't even make the top ten strangest good things I've seen in my life. And if the healing has given you greater access to your Grandmother's heritage, then you should look into it. Bakeneko are hardly the worst beings to have in your family tree, Ryoshun-san."

Carries:

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Yes, I do not... dislike it."

She shrugged, rapping the jade talons on the stone rim of the pool, but as always, when she glanced at the sound, she saw only normal fingers.

"I just am not sure it is... real. Or my imagination."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Here and now, where the Realm of Dreams and the Realm of NIghtmares are so close, that distinction might matter less than you think."

Carries: