Shiba Kumori

Re: Out of the Fire into the Hotpot (D2, ME)

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I think we’re all fortunate to have people like you and your family next to the Nezumi… People willing to work with them probably make it so we’re not all speaking in chirps and clicks.” She said with a nod.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"They do a lot with smell, too," Akutou adds. "An' that, we can't replicate. Noses aren't that good."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“There are some drawbacks to that though. Not sure I’d like to be able to smell our history…”

She chuckled, “I don’t really like the smell of piss, blood, and sweat.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou snorts another laugh.

"I've smelled like each more'n once. Hell, even have f'r two of 'em t'day.

"Huntin' life, ma'am. Huntin' life."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I’m no stranger to them either.” She said with a smile and a nod.

“I’m just not linin’ up to ask to make each of those smells stronger.”

She let out a big relaxing breath through her nose. “I prefer listening to stories that are relatively odorless… But remembering mine through the strange mix of smells, sounds, and sights that get all jumbled in my mind.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou nods.

"An' given th' reaction to the suggestion of Nezumi comin' here..." he trails off.

"Like you said, some big stones about."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Not everybody is… as adaptable as they should be.” She replied with a slightly less optimistic tone.

“But… people will figure it out. I have it on good authority that the head of the whole Nezumi empire promised the Emperor that’d they’d help us in this fight we’re up against.” She said.

“They’re probably our best allies right now…”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou looks at Han-Hei curiously.

"I mean, you're not wrong; they're solid folk, th' Nezumi. An' it were vexin' t' have folks here not understand 'bout goin' out inta other places an' runnin' inta other people.

"It's like when the Lord Spider were rescued. Folks went inta Hell. O' course they found things there that weren't at home. It weren't home."

He shrugs.

"Again, though, I ain't got th' head f'r a whole lotta that kinda thing."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Yeah… We both invade into Yume-do… Us more randomly I guess. It’s not like they come into our minds… We meet them halfway.” She nodded.

“So you met this Chuchu, then?”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Not in th' flesh," Akutou says. "She seems a bit young f'r me to've met 'er when I was workin' alongside some Nezumi a while back. But in dreams, yes'm.

"You?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She shook her head, “No… I’ve not been bothered in my dreams as of yet… Nezumi or otherwise.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Chuchu weren't a bother," Akutou replies, "but it seems a lotta folks've been havin' trouble sleepin'. More'n usual, anyway."

He shakes his head.

"Doubt I will t'night."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“You earned a good’s night rest… And a good night’s rest for the people you saved.” She replied.

“Relish it why you can.” She said with a smile.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"On that topic," Akutou asks, "whereabouts're you bivouacked? You've got a place t' get in outta th' weather?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Stayin’ in the home of a couple who lives here in the village. I help out with chores and stuff… and they let me and my friend crash on their floor.” She replied.

“You?”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Pitched my tent towards th' edge of th' camp," Akutou replies. "Not a us'al thing that I c'n leave it in the one place f'r more'n one, mebbe two nights. Serves well enough."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Hopefully the weather stays relatively agreeable… Can get some late snows in this part of the world.” She said as she turned her chest towards the outer rim of the pool and her gaze towards the mountains in the distance.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou's eyes follow hers.

"I 'magine they can," he says. "An' even if Hunters're more resilient than many, there's no need t' push it."

He grins. "It's why I put th' linin' on. Adds a layer like a blanket over top o' th' tent."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“That’s one way to keep warm in a cold tent.” She replied with a chuckle.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Yeah, well," Akutou shrugs again. He seems to do that a lot.

"Got no travelin' companions, f'r one. S' far's I know, ain't nobody got their bonnet set f'r me, an' this don't seem like a miai in th' works, anyway. Doubt anybody here's of negotiable affections, an' there's somethin' t' be said f'r holdin' certain distractions t' th' side when work needs doin'."