Haka Soju

Re: Something Something Scorpion Swimming [D0, LA]

Post by Haka Soju »

"It seems to me that if the sky gods created this code, and you have to read between the lines in order to aim for a just and orderly society, then the code itself is pretty terrible."

She motions toward Ai. "You can see it happening here, in your words. You say that killing a farmer is bad because it is a slight to the farmer's lord, but what about the farmer's family? The samurai just killed someone's husband, someone's father, maybe someone with many friends, and the only concern is that the man who lives in the largest castle and who didn't even know the farmer's name might feel slighted."

Soju shakes her head. "It may be working out great, I do not know. But it seems to me that this system only rewards those in power, and punishes those with no power. Thirty years ago, there was little difference between a farmer and a warrior. Both had good skills that the tribe could use. Now? Some people stand strong in the sunlight, armed with weapons, with their boots on the necks of those who carry rakes."

With a sigh, she sinks back into the water. "You are building a castle upon the backs of people who gain nothing from a system that punishes them while rewarding you. If things continue like this, one day, all of those farmers and workers will look around and realize how many of them there are and how few there are of you. And on that day, they will eat you."
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Spiritsinger • Tribal • One-Eyed • Destined • Terrible Mother

Carries: Extravagant Clothing, Tanto, Bone Comb (in hair), Chopsticks, Fan, Coin Purse

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“If they are an unjust Lord then they will deserve it,” she admitted. For the other pats, she did not see the issue, she was raised a Princess and that was a difficult position to just give up for something as odd as equality between farmers and samurai.

“But you are samurai as well, would they not eat you as well?”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

Soju laughs softly. "Am I? What is the difference between 'Haka Soju' and just 'Soju?'"

She motions toward her distant things. "I do not dress like you, I am not carrying a sword like you. I do not believe that the code of the samurai is a good thing. What is it that makes me a noble samurai and not a forgettable peasant?" There was a tone of amusement to her voice.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Spiritsinger • Tribal • One-Eyed • Destined • Terrible Mother

Carries: Extravagant Clothing, Tanto, Bone Comb (in hair), Chopsticks, Fan, Coin Purse

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“But…. But you have sworn yourself to the service of Bayushi, that is not an oath easily cast aside,” she said with mild confusion. This could not be serious… right?

“You are still samurai, even if you wish to pretend otherwise, Haka-sama,” Ai said warmly.

She then laughed it away, it had to be a bad Scorpion joke, “It is an amusing koan you present, Haka-sama. This gives me much to consider. I am thankful for our paths crossing in this place.”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

"Maybe you will figure it out one day," Sujo replies, feigning a smile.

"But yes," she continues, more sincerely this time, "it has been a very pleasant conversation, and I look forward to more in the future. It's rare to meet young people who are trying to think for themselves."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"We must strive to learn and be open to new things," she said confidently. Is that a rare quality among the Scorpion, or just young people in general she considered. She had always figured that Bayushi as an uncle was a far cry from Bayushi as a Lord, this conversation seemed to cement that.

She finished her bathing, and made proper salutations upon her exit once again reinforcing that her offer remained if she had need of it.

A samurai was always Sincere in action of course.

/Crane-like departure

Haka Soju

Post by Haka Soju »

Soju bids her farewell and settles into the hot water with a resigned sigh.