Hiruma Naraku

Re: Soaking at last [D4 LA]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I will also make sure the Hiruma keep these records. We are supposed to be the blade of Hida. The tip of his spear. No sense that must only be in martial aspects, right?"

He laughed before his face turned more serious

"Jigoku seems to be in disarray, despite everything. I guess the blow you inflicted was a great blow that left them gasping for air. Still... many have willingly given themselves to the enemy. Imagine if they were to organize."

He frowned

"Such should never be allowed to happen"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Oh, they may get around to trying that eventually."

He sighed.

"A thousand years is a long time for a human, after all."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Then it is up to those alive now to set the foundations to avoid, or in the very least, prevent that rise."

He chuckled.

"I've been considering what to do once I'm the Hiruma daimyo. It feels... weird to think my father might retire soon."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"First rule of being in charge of anything, learn how to delegate. Especially and particularly the stuff you're bad at..."

Visions of the earliest days of the Imperial Libraries danced through Sora's head like hazily-remembered nightmares.

"I've, ah... delegated a lot in my time."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

He nodded at the older man's wisdom

"But there must be a line between delegating the right amount and delegating just enough."

He sighs

"I still don't know how my father did it. He could be in a scouting missing for 5 months but he'd have complete knowledge of everything going on in the Hiruma lands."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Runners and reports. Or possibly birds, I've seen birds used to carry messages more than once..."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I prefer to believe in a crystal ball and folk magic," he jested before nodding at his comments. "Most likely one of those though. The Hiruma must be the vanguard of the Crab."

"What about you Sora-san? Delegating your duties to any of your children? I think I heard you were a father of five?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Delegating, hell, Phi's damn near elbowing me out of the way. I suppose it looks like fun when you're seventeen, but... well."

He shook his head.

"Shirayuki's marrying into the Dragon, Phi's... Phi. Soryu's twelve and studying with the Nezumi, and Reiko and Kozan are five, so it'd be a bit premature to expect too much out of them just yet. So most of my help's just whatever poor bastard can't escape before I ask them for help...""

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"They all blaze their own path, huh?"

He smirked

"You said one of your children is learning with the Nezumi?"

He seemed genuinely surprised

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"My boy Soryu. He's only twelve, but the Isawa train Ishiken young, and... thanks to his abilities, he's actually able to 'read' their memory sticks for himself... kind of. So I asked if he wanted to go, I asked White Moonrise if it'd be okay... and... yeah. My son's in the Nezumi capital, last I heard."

He chuckled.

"Apparently, according to Chuchu, he's actually kind of known. They call him Tiny Nose, which... given what they usually think of our sense of smell is probably a compliment."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I am glad. I see you've met Chuchu? She is so brave and just so precious. I think she is small even for the Nezumi."

His tone shows genuine affection for the small rat folk, seems like this Crab doesn't hate the Nezumi.

"I'd like to visit their capital one day. See the Empire that Was. I heard that they are not that distrustful of humans any more. Or well maybe of non Crab humans."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"The peace was... difficult. More for the Crab than anyone else, but..."

But dammit Anjing, why pick a fight only you wanted?

"... organizing the whole damn business took its toll as well. With that said, White Moonrise is still a bit... leery of humans s a group, and I don't blame him. But we can only move forward."

A pause.

"And their cities really are something."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I will make a point to visit their city. Chuchu said she'd show me around and, to be perfectly honest, anything that can't be corrupted by the enemy is a friend of mine if I've ever seen one,"

He chuckled

"I have quite a few places to visit now. Maybe too many. But I do intend to live to see them. I might not see the future, but I don't predict any outcome where we do not win."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

That god a nod.

"Planning for the future has always helped me make sure there'll be one."

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

The Hiruma rose from the bath.

"Talking to you helped... it really did Sora-san," the Crab offered a genuine smile to the old man. "You've given much to think and much to plan in regards to my future trips."

He dries himself and begins to get dressed.

"And don't think I forgot. When we win I'll hope you drop by Hiruma lands for some of our moonshine. Will make you feel forty years younger, you'll see!"

/scene?

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"That would make me about six years old, a prospect I doubt many would relish..."

He grinned.

"Carry the Fortunes, Naraku-san."

[/Scene and thank you!]

Carries: