Nanzi Ai

[Day 1 - EN] Karma Police

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai could not sleep, she sat in the bath hoping to relax her body enough to maybe find some sleep. She attributed it to maybe some uncertainty over the events of the day… she yawned and leaned her head back only to feel the brief sensation of falling which snapped her back to reality.

“I just need to relax… yeah,” she muttered.
Last edited by Nanzi Ai on Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Re: [Day 3 - EN] Karma Police

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Soon she was joined by another woman, this one nursing a bump on her head.

Yukara slipped into the water, leaning back to let the heat soothe the soreness on the back of her skull, and unleashing a heartfelt sigh of comfort.

She might not leave this village, if this bath had any say in it.

After a moment, she seemed to realize she was not alone, and lifted her head again.

"Hello. You are the miss from the festival. With the instrument."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Good evening, Ryoshun-san, yes, this one is Nanzi Ai, daughter of Lord Nanzi and Lady Doji, second to Nanzi Anazhime and Yumenosenshi of the Crane clan. Also for some reason struggling to find sleep so decided to rest my muscles,” she said warmly.

“I hope my modest musical talents lifted your spirits for the evening.”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Your playing was quite energetic and vibrant - it was clearly appreciated by the partying villagers, even if I could not hear it all over the crowd." And the panic of some impressionable sorts, and the strange smell... and the noise.

Yukara was impressed by how long the introduction was, repeating it internally to attempt to remember it.

"I am Ryoshun Yukara, miss Nanzi Ai, daughter of Lord Nanzi and Lady Doji, second to Nanzi Anazhime and Yumenosenshi of the Crane Clane. I confess I am not used to parties, but I did not think it was bad. Strange, but not bad."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Do the samurai of the Bat not indulge in such affairs?" she asked.
Last edited by Nanzi Ai on Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Perhaps they do. I have only been Bat for a short time, I fear. Years, not decades, and I have not traveled far from the foothills where I patrol. This is the farthest I have ever wandered."

Yukara seemed thoughtful. "Miss Nao-hime did take part, so maybe it is common and I simply was not aware. I should have learned more when I had the opportunity."

Glancing at the water she sighed. How shameful of her to miss such an obvious thing.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I see, how did you come to serve my uncle?" she asked.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"I encountered one of his other servants. A magistrate. They saw what I was doing to combat the madness and they... inducted me. Deputized me, I suppose."

Her pale shoulders rose and fell.

"I had no reason to refuse. It is their land now."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She raised a brow at the statement and recalculated her words accordingly. She responded while splashing water over her shoulders, “In the days to come it should be easier for folks to know who stewards the land as the daimyo claim and control more territory for their lords. I cannot presume to know how Ryoshun-ojisan wishes to administer his lands but my Honored Father and Mother have been excellent stewards thus far.”

“So you are.. Yoriki then?”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"I do not recognize the word, but I was given my new clothes and authority to continue pacifying bouts of madness. Ideally with words."

But not always.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I see, typically a Magistrate can grant others their authority. I have heard them called a yoriki. Still that is quite a Duty, you do your family proud," she said warmly.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"I hope you are right, Nanzi Ai, daughter of Lord Nanzi and Lady Doji, second to Nanzi Anazhime and Yumenosenshi of the Crane Clan." She observed the bubbly water surface. "I cannot remember them well, but they were good people."

Stretching out, she let her gaze drift upward. "I believe I may be fortunate in a sense, to only have those good memories - no danger of this era of madness taking those away."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She smiled and said, "Nanzi-san will suffice."

"What brought you here and more immediate are you prepared to fight yume-jigoku?"

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Ah, I am sorry."

She acknowledged the change in moniker, making a mental note to abbreviate it.

"I was travelling when I encountered Rock-Sensei, and he spoke to me when I was particularly troubled. He advised me that if I came here I might find answers - and if there is a way to defeat the madness here, he is correct."

Glancing at the Crane, she concluded her answer, "I have done nothing but fight this madness for over a year. If it can be defeated here, I will throw myself into that task - I only lack knowledge of what rock it hides under, so I can seek it out and end it."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"How noble of you and Rock-sensei," she replied.

"Nao-chan is blessed with diligent samurai."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Are you not the same? You are here for a similar reason, no?"

Yukara glanced at Ai. "I believe that it is the diligence of their servants that these Kami rely on now - in dealing with such a crisis. After all, it is not one they can simply punch directly - it is in many places at once."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“I do not think, outside maybe Togashi-ojisan, that anyone would be punching the Corruption… but yes as their servants we are charged to defend the realm with our very lives,” she responded.

“You are one of their servants by carrying the name of Ryoshun.”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Yes. And you by the name Nanzi Ai... and all the rest."

Yukara sank to her chin, letting her hair form a black halo about her. "Jiyo Sora, Resident Codger, told me about courts... and I realized I know so little of the world. What is outside my homeland. What is your home like? What home are you here protecting?"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Where is your homeland?" she asked.

“The lands of the Crane are beautiful from the coasts to the beautiful inland villages; we aspire to merge aesthetic beauty with efficiency. Though my personal home is grandiose and beautiful with a well-manicured garden that is the envy of all but the Emperor’s garden; much less foxes though. The arts are pursued by all and is often a form of competition among the locals to outdo each other in the latest popular pursuit,” she responded.

“Culture is important, it inspires people to action. But even more important is the adherence to proper etiquette, especially in Court.”

She raised her hand to stifle a yawn and added, “Apologies Ryoshun-san, sleep has eluded me this night.”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Ah, it is no concern, Nanzi-sanma. I also could not rest." Yukara found herself dragged into the yawn as well, and then continued, "I know little of etiquette, I was born in a small village in the foothills of the great north mountains - I have patrolled those foothills since then, so my home has been one of rock and tree, highlands and rough earth. I would love to see your home some day, and learn about art and fine gardens."

There was a certain wistfulness to her voice, as if she had no real belief she would ever do such a thing.