Ryoshun Yukara

(D3, MA, Open) Hair Necessities

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara had decided that being toweled off just wasn't cutting it, as far as her hair was concerned. If she didn't wash it soon, cutting it would be the only thing to be done about her hair, and so she headed to the baths.

She was not to soak - too many cuts and scrapes... but she still needed to wash her hair. Perhaps she could dunk it in a bucket?

Gathering supplies, slowly and gingerly, she began to prepare for her ablutions, wrapping a towel about her shoulders to try and stop herself getting too soaked. This was going to be messy, but she was tired of feeling the remaining blood and oil in her hair, and so had determined she was going to undertake this task.

Therefor anyone arriving at the pool in the afternoon would find a half disrobed Yukara, with a towel awkwardly knotted around her neck, sitting on a bench and fussing with a bucket full of vaguely warm and soapy water.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Ryoshun Nao

Re: (D3, MA, Open) Hair Necessities

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao entered and watched Yukara for a moment after spotting her. She quickly disrobed, wrapped a towel around herself and approached.

"Yukara-san, may I help you?"
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara glanced over, blushing a bit. "Eto... Nao-sama. If you could." She was caught in the process of trying to find a way she could contort her head to the bucket without popping open a cut... or dropping her towel... and clean her hair...

She was a mess.

Straightening, she offered a shallow bow. "I am finding it much harder than I had expected. I did not realize how much I relied upon two hands... until I had one."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I am happy to lend two more." she smiled. "Relax and let me wash your hair."

She took the bucket and gently poured the water over the other woman's head.

"I would like to learn more about you Yukara-san."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara nodded, taking a seat and leaning her head back, so it would not soak her bandages.

"Thank you. I have been needing this all day."

That was true enough, even though she really began to feel the need after meeting Norikage.

"What do you wish to know? I did not realize I was a mysterious individual."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"You are a member of my clan and family." She said as she ran her hand through the other woman's hair. "I can't know everyone under my father's name, but I'd like to learn about those I meet."

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Ah." Yukara's hair was mid-length, reaching to between the shoulder blades, and thick. "I am new to the family, but I likewise wish to know more of it - of the lands south of the borderlands."

This felt like taking a tremendous weight off, getting her hair clean... "I was invited by a magistrate who was pursuing the same monster as I was - we worked together and apart, tracking leads to try and bring an end to it... which I have finally done." There was a pause, "I do not believe that means I am no longer a part of the family, but you would best be able to tell me if I am wrong."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"We are welcoming of anyone who wishes to join us." She assured her as she added some soap and began to work through any tangles. "We are a bit different from the other clans. My father, the Kami Ryoshun died when his siblings fell from the heavens. My mother found his body and his spirit. She represented him before the other Kami and founded our clan."

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"So he is... dead?"

But... he had kids... after...

Yukara tried to understand.

Yukara did not understand.

"... how?"

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Not easily." She chuckled. "The barrier between this realm and the realm of the dead is thin where my father's body fell to the earth. There are times when it can be passed and my mother could physically enter meido. Even dead, my father is powerful. Together, they found a way. Three times, at least."

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Wow."

Yukara couldn't decide if it was romantic or embarrassing, maybe both? Fascinating, regardless. "That is true dedication, finding love beyond even death."

She sighed, melancholic, and then added, "Did you ever get to meet him yourself? Does the family get to visit?"

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"I do get to visit him." She said as she began to rinse Yukara's hair again. "The others could, with my mother's help. But, I have her ability to visit other realms. So, I can see him when I wish."

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Oh? How does that work? Do you just... go? Clear your mind and find yourself in a new place? Or must you travel somewhere first?"

Yukara sounded quite intrigued, and indeed, she was. She had never heard of such a thing before.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"The first one." Nao answered. "If I focus on another realm, my spirit can leave my body and travel there. Well, usually it can. It's a bit limited at the moment."

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Wow." Yukara sounded quite impressed. "Have you always been able to do that, or did you have to learn it? Also... what do you think is stopping you now?"

She glanced at the ever-present mist. "This place, perhaps?

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"It is an ability I was born with, but my mother helped me learn how to use it." She began to dry Yukara's hair with a towel. "There is something about this place that seems to block access to other realms, with the exception of that of dreams.

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Hmm."

Yukara contemplated that. "Do you suppose this place may itself be something of a gateway? A point of weakness between realms."

It felt so good to be clean.

"What is it like? Is it like dreaming, or is it not much different than a stroll?"

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"That is a theory some of us are trying verify." she nodded. "My spirit normally takes the form of a spirit native to the realm I visit. So, Yume Do can be very much like a dream, or a nightmare."

Accompanied By| San

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"That sounds... difficult." Yukara tried to find a way to phrase her thought. "I imagine it must make spending time with your Father more difficult. Still, I think I would like to meet him someday - if I carry his name, I feel I should attempt that much, no?"

Perhaps that was naive of her.

"I do not want to disappoint this adoptive family, even if I am only one of many."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"You likely will meet him one day, hopefully many years from now." she said. "For now, however, you should definitely meet my sister, Rei. She leads the family now."

Accompanied By| San