Nanzi Ai

[Day 4 - EM] I Might Be Wrong

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai had come to rest her muscles and do her morning cleaning before starting the day, oblivious to the dangers back at the camp.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Reiko Ohta

Re: [Day 4 - EM] I Might Be Wrong

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta had wanted to maintain a schedule to better eliminate stress and fear, and maintain her health. The fact she was going earlier to the baths than normal weighed on her, but it had to be done; The meeting the Saru had informed her about couldn't be rescheduled, and it was vastly more important than a bath being "on time".

So it was that she ate a very light breakfast and made her way to the bath house, starting the ritual of cleansing herself as soon as she was undressed and in the bathing area.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai greeted the Spider, "Good morning, I pray you have rest well this day."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Hm?"

Ohta spotted the other samurai and bowed a little where she was.

"Good morning. I rested well, for once. I pray you did as well."

She rinsed off as she talked, "I am Reiko Ohta, of the Spider. A pleasure to meet a new face this morning."
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Nanzi Ai, of the Crane, we have not spoken directly before but we have crossed paths," she admitted. "I am rested, better than most can say."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta nodded and finished up the rinse, walking over and slipping into the hot bath. Now that she was closer, she became abundantly aware just how much taller than herself the Crane was.

"Ah... yes, I do remember seeing you at the meeting of people. You do tend to stand out from a crowd, Nanzi-sama."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"That is the natural situation for most Crane," she said warmly. "Did you enjoy the feasting, at least?"

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"The... feast? Ah..."

Ohta sat and trailed off, bringing a hand up to scratch the back of her neck self-consciously.

"I did not eat at the feast myself. I talked with many interesting people, but my appetite hasn't been the best, between the lack of sleep and the experiments..."

It wasn't a lie of course, even if it was only a partial explanation.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Experiments?" She countered.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Errr, ooooh... well, you know. Experiments. My sensei and I have been testing the effects of the water and fog on local flora and fauna, as such. Isolating compounds and lifespans and such. Trying to isolate and see the extended effects of Kava."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai understood very little of that, or maybe the intent. She just nodded and said, "Have these... experiments yielded anything of worth?"

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Hai, a little. Though I suppose I would need to ask Hisomu-sa... sensei. He was the one who has been looking into this "dreamstone" that is found around here. Myself, I've merely been assisting and looking into some of the more background elements in the area. Its past, its spirits, its customs. I'm to meet with the local headwoman after this to discuss some old scrolls she has in her care."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"What have you learned, I am curious," she asked.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"So far? Only minor things."

She reached her hand out of the water and checked off four fingers, "The river water is cursed to the source; As in it's cursed AT the source. The graveyard is one of the leftovers from the previous village, and the spirits of those dead tribesmen and women don't want us here; Something out it being 'pointless'. The fog has no harmful properties in itself, no matter where you are. It may seem unnatural and strange, but breathing it in has no harmful effects, even by the river. And kava itself is non-narcotic, at least. It seems in high doses one can become dependent, as in having withdrawal symptoms. But not physical symptomatic withdrawal. Still..."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"You have been very busy with your sensei; but what is the source of the river?" she asked.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:40 am
"You have been very busy with your sensei; but what is the source of the river?" she asked.
"That... is something I was not able to find. Between the fog and the denseness of the forest, I ended up getting turned around. Rather than venture further and become lost, I made my way back to the farmland I could still just make out. Though that makes me wonder if Hisomu-sensei looked into it more on his own; That would be just like him... He always was a bit reckless."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Still, incredible findings. That gives us more knowledge even if provides more mysteries," she said with a shake of her head.

"Oh and what is kava?"" she asked with confusion. "You mentioned that and said it was narcotic?"

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"Oh, you hadn't..."

Ohta shook her head.

"No, I suppose not by name, perhaps. It's a plant whose smoke produces feelings of relaxation and euphoria. I know it grows in mountain valleys, used to be used in some tribal rituals. It seems the locals here still use it in the rituals for this celebration."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"Oh... never heard of it," she said calmly. "These villagers are so quaint with their odd traditions, but they throw a rather raucous party."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

"I wouldn't see why a princess such as yourself would need to learn about tribal stimulants, no. I think we've moved beyond thinking we need such things to connect with the Heavens, no? Regardless, it's definitely something within my purview of knowledge, learning about herbs and medicines and poisons. To better treat people who are ill or injured. I've heard of doctors using it to calm patients who panicking, for instance. Though since it tends to make people more excitable, need to be careful there..."

She trailed off before clearing her throat, "Apologies for rambling; The herbs and uses of the same around here are just fascinating is all. If not a little mysterious, like everything else."